TRADES

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I disagree about Bridges because we didn’t have two stars when he was here this year. Paul was a shell and Booker missed a ton of games.

I blame the coaches for not changing the system to work with what you have. Just the same ole same ole
Don't get me wrong I would LOVE to see a new coach engage Ayton to at least be a monster rebounder, which he can do when he's not guarding the 3 pt line.
Maybe Ayton needs a coach that will put a foot in his ass maybe he needs baby talk idk but unless someone figures out how to play him it will be more of the same.
And that's just not enough.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

What does "available" exactly mean? His contract is worth $30 million if it is fully guaranteed.

Do they want him only if the Suns waive him?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul for 30 million, is an anchor weighing you down. Chris Paul on the cheap, can be a difference maker even as your backup PG. I can see teams fighting over him if we buy him out. But I'm not sure I can see a suitor at even 15 million let alone 30.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What does "available" exactly mean? His contract is worth $30 million if it is fully guaranteed.

Do they want him only if the Suns waive him?

Idk you have to understand the situation Houston is in they have a team with nothing but super young guys making no money

He would provide veteran leadership

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How many first round picks is cp3 worth at 15M and 30M lol

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His ass needs to be gone

Without assets to attach, Paul's contract is complicated unless the Suns can figure out a way to take on more money long term to move him.

If they waive him, his contract could be spread out over 5 years. It could give them the larger non-taxpayer MLE and the Biannual Exception.

I so hope the Suns have a plan to move him.

Trading Ayton for value may be another headache.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
IMO the only way forward is to say "we are a 2 star team" with Booker and Durrant. Everyone else, including Paul and Ayton are just role players at this point. Forget getting "value" for them...because their value to us is very limited. Paul is too fragile and too old, and Ayton is too uninterested.

You trade them and have addition by subtraction. You can get different role players who will provide more to the overall team. We are not getting a good pick, and we are not getting any star players back. We will, and should, be able to get a few veteran role players who can compliment Durrant and Booker, and salary relief. Thats it.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
IMO the only way forward is to say "we are a 2 star team" with Booker and Durrant. Everyone else, including Paul and Ayton are just role players at this point. Forget getting "value" for them...because their value to us is very limited. Paul is too fragile and too old, and Ayton is too uninterested.

You trade them and have addition by subtraction. You can get different role players who will provide more to the overall team. We are not getting a good pick, and we are not getting any star players back. We will, and should, be able to get a few veteran role players who can compliment Durrant and Booker, and salary relief. Thats it.
I agree except for the "salary relief" part. It makes no sense to manage costs when you have a one-year championship window. If the Suns have to take on value-negative contracts in order to give themselves a real shot, so be it. Ishbia better have understood that when he took the gig.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The "salary relief" part is not to be taken lightly, although I want the Suns to get as much value as they can get for Paul and Ayton.

By waiving Chris Paul, the Suns could possibly drop below the luxury tax and regain the larger MLE of $12.2 milllion and the $4.4 bi-annual exception

From Heavy:

“That would immediately drop the Suns to about $8.1 million below the projected luxury tax threshold of $162 million. The team would gain the non-taxpayer mid-level exception (projected $12.2 million) and bi-annual exception ($4.4 million). Spending both would put the Suns back into the tax and hard cap their payroll at roughly $169 million.”

Last edited:

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I agree except for the "salary relief" part. It makes no sense to manage costs when you have a one-year championship window. If the Suns have to take on value-negative contracts in order to give themselves a real shot, so be it. Ishbia better have understood that when he took the gig.
Agreed...I guess I was meaning more long term.

We are passed the point of trading Paul and Ayton for "value"...because if we are being honest their value is super low. We want them both off the team....or at least only brought back with reduced responsibilities.

You trade them for ANY piece that will help you win a title in the next 2 years...because if we have not won a ring by 2025, then the whole team is going to be blown up.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I saw what looked like click bait that said CP3 for DLo. Didn’t read it but what do you guys think about that?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw what looked like click bait that said CP3 for DLo. Didn’t read it but what do you guys think about that?

We would have to treat DLo as a major piece if we swap the two.

I’d rather use cp3 to bolster our roster.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In a bubble, I'd do it but there are some complexities due to sign and trades that might hard cap the Suns, which could be a real issue. I'd have to know how that worked.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose