Trades.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
My view on this is simple, there appears to be no plan in place. No long term plan for the team 5-7 years down the road and no short term plan for the next 1-3 years. Everything seems to be cobbled together in a chaotic manner. They seem to have no idea of who to retain and who to let go with solid reasons for doing so. No actual plan to build and maintain a roster through draft picks. No plan for free agency. It's almost like they go from day to day. wake up each morning and say what do you think we should do today. A rudderless ship with no captain and a crew that has no idea what each of them are doing. No foresight on the cap space and how to manage it. All decisions are spur of the moment.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t see how Keim survives another down year.

If it was only about his performance he would have already been fired.

The way he stays employed is his relationship to Bidwill

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's see how all these moves pan out on field....

Not getting my hopes up much still weak at corner and rb is suspect

Vibing a 8 8 season hope I'm wrong
Anybody know if there is an over/ under wins bet available yet. I think I can make some money.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Let's see how all these moves pan out on field....

Not getting my hopes up much still weak at corner and rb is suspect

Vibing a 8 8 season hope I'm wrong
So you’re saying we have improved? because when that schedule came out I certainly didn’t see 8 wins on there

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
My view on this is simple, there appears to be no plan in place. No long term plan for the team 5-7 years down the road and no short term plan for the next 1-3 years. Everything seems to be cobbled together in a chaotic manner. They seem to have no idea of who to retain and who to let go with solid reasons for doing so. No actual plan to build and maintain a roster through draft picks. No plan for free agency. It's almost like they go from day to day. wake up each morning and say what do you think we should do today. A rudderless ship with no captain and a crew that has no idea what each of them are doing. No foresight on the cap space and how to manage it. All decisions are spur of the moment.
This is great take and I'm in agreement

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
So what you are saying is that our plans are pure gobbledygook :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like it: "A rudderless ship with no captain and a crew."

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
So I have been thinking about this some more and here are my thoughts.

Sometimes GMs need to make hard decisions. There are times they need to make unpopular decisions that fans don't like. Case in point PP. I think we all new deep down at some point PP was no longer going to be a Cardinal. Now a wise GM would have made a decision to trade him and receive something in exchange instead of letting him get to FA. I believe that's how we got Jones. NE probably knew he was going to go FA after his fifth season and probably wasn't coming back to NE. Instead of getting nothing in return for him they traded him to the Cardinals. I think it's pretty safe to say PP was going the same route. It takes a GM with testicular fortitude to make these types of decisions. Maybe Keim just doesn't have the testicular fortitude to do so.

My other thought was is Michael Bidwill pulling a Jerry Jones staying behind the scene and influencing what Keim does? Whispering in his ear. Maybe he's not giving Keim the freedom to make decisions free of influence by Bidwill. If this is the case then Keim must feel like he's walking on eggshells all the time and is concerned with making decisions that could cost him his job.

Then again maybe these two thoughts are absolutely wrong and it really is a three ring circus in the Cardinal front office.

Just a thought, have a good day.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I have been thinking about this some more and here are my thoughts.

Sometimes GMs need to make hard decisions. There are times they need to make unpopular decisions that fans don't like. Case in point PP. I think we all new deep down at some point PP was no longer going to be a Cardinal. Now a wise GM would have made a decision to trade him and receive something in exchange instead of letting him get to FA. I believe that's how we got Jones. NE probably knew he was going to go FA after his fifth season and probably wasn't coming back to NE. Instead of getting nothing in return for him they traded him to the Cardinals. I think it's pretty safe to say PP was going the same route. It takes a GM with testicular fortitude to make these types of decisions. Maybe Keim just doesn't have the testicular fortitude to do so.

My other thought was is Michael Bidwill pulling a Jerry Jones staying behind the scene and influencing what Keim does? Whispering in his ear. Maybe he's not giving Keim the freedom to make decisions free of influence by Bidwill. If this is the case then Keim must feel like he's walking on eggshells all the time and is concerned with making decisions that could cost him his job.

Then again maybe these two thoughts are absolutely wrong and it really is a three ring circus in the Cardinal front office.

Just a thought, have a good day.

Surely he influence him more then a owner should do but talking about draft picks, I doubt Bidwill has the last word selecting guys outside of the first round

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This team has been far more successful under Keim than at any point in its very long history. I don't know which team you think hits on all its picks, or even 50% of them but you are getting tunnel vision. We're fine. We have a highly competitive team right now, and need a RB and CB. We will be a scary opponent this year.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team has been far more successful under Keim than at any point in its very long history. I don't know which team you think hits on all its picks, or even 50% of them but you are getting tunnel vision. We're fine. We have a highly competitive team right now, and need a RB and CB. We will be a scary opponent this year.
Lol. Not worried about us being scary. We are. Just not in the right way.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ah, so since we're the losingest franchise in history or whatever, we're supposed to gobble up a decade with one playoff win. Gotcha. Keim for all-time GM then.

Keim is bar none the worst drafter of the past 5 years of all of his peers. This isn't us overreacting to a couple of bad drafts when the guy is normally aces, he is literally the worst at his position, and we haven't played winning football in five years, what looks like 6.

For almost all of the rest of us, being the worst in our industry for 5 years straight would get us fired.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score

You can't talk the Misérables out of being miserable.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Uh, a one-legged man at an a$$-kicking contest would be far more successful than we have been most of our very long history. Plus, those teams refused to spend much money and were run like a mom and pop organization. Keim has a bar so low an ant couldn't do the limbo beneath it.

You can't talk the Misérables out of being miserable.

Ah, JohnnyCakes, once again popping up to be negative about posters and not contribute a thing. Hey there, JohnnyCakes. How goes it on the poster darkside?

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Uh, a one-legged man at an a$$-kicking contest would be far more successful than we have been most of our very long history. Plus, those teams refused to spend much money and were run like a mom and pop organization. Keim has a bar so low an ant couldn't do the limbo beneath it.

Ah, JohnnyCakes, once again popping up to be negative about posters and not contribute a thing. Hey there, JohnnyCakes. How goes it on the poster darkside?

So you think you "contribute" by waking up and typing mean things about Keim everyday? Hilarious.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
At least he's actually discussing the team instead of trashing other posters.

Im not trashing anybody, if you post nothing but negative comments be prepared for some people to speak out on that. Not everyone wants to read snarky tantrum posts about the same guy day after day after day. If you want people to "contribute" then offer up some intelligent rhetoric, not the same Steve Keim piss party.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Im not trashing anybody, if you post nothing but negative comments be prepared for some people to speak out on that. Not everyone wants to read snarky tantrum posts about the same guy day after day after day. If you want people to "contribute" then offer up some intelligent rhetoric, not the same Steve Keim piss party.
Considering Keim is the man who passes the buck on every move, there's not a lot more blame to be pointed. I'm pretty sure anyone who has been considered a "darksider" has spent the past days/weeks backing up their arguments with statistics, comparisons, historical precedence, and hasn't tossed many insults at Keim about anything but his performance, even though there's low hanging fruit out there.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Stout, he obvious can’t help himself, you can’t talk a jerk outta acting like a jerk!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose