Towers taking heat for advocating bean balls

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I don't see how his comments on the link contradict what he said said in the post I questioned. His comments in the link you posted were after a series of beanings with no retaliation from the Dbacks. His comments in the earlier post are now months later, where he is more confident that business will be handled on the field - where it should be. Seems logical to me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A few months ago he said:

The players should know what needs to be done, but sometimes someone has to tell them what to do.
And when that doesn't get done, change is in order, which is part of the reason why the team parted with pitching coach Charles Nagy Tuesday.
It won't be as simple to get rid of any offending pitchers, though.
"Some of them, contractually, it's tough to move," he said. "But I think come spring training, it will be duly noted that it's going to be an eye for an eye and we're going to protect one another.
"If not, if you have options there's ways to get you out of here and you don't follow suit or you don't feel comfortable doing it, you probably don't belong in a Diamondbacks uniform."
So... he is letting the team know, if you dont bean people in retaliation then you should pack your bags.

Now... somehow you think that does NOT contradict what he said a few days ago:
"I don't think the front office should be ordering players to plunk other players," Towers told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "I think baseball players are smart, they're aware of situations.
"To me, if business is warranted on the field, let the players take care of it."
Reeeeeally Cardgrad? Really? I know you defend every move this dunce swings but to not see that as KT contradicting himself requires an astounding level of willful ignorance.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
A few months ago he said:

So... he is letting the team know, if you dont bean people in retaliation then you should pack your bags.

Now... somehow you think that does NOT contradict what he said a few days ago:
Reeeeeally Cardgrad? Really? I know you defend every move this dunce swings but to not see that as KT contradicting himself requires an astounding level of willful ignorance.

He sent the message months ago. Now things will play out on field. About as straight forward as it gets... To the non-afflicted of course...
Seriously dude... Go dig up legit crap, you know - like how he has sold off all of the future perennial Allstar studs from out system...
Your Towers hate took you down yet another rabbit hole...

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's obviously a contradiction, but at least it's not in line with "ship all the strikeout/high power guys for contact.......we need some HR hitters on this team" type of whiplash.

I laugh at anyone engaging 82 at this point about Towers.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He sent the message months ago. Now things will play out on field. About as straight forward as it gets... To the non-afflicted of course...
Seriously dude... Go dig up legit crap, you know - like how he has sold off all of the future perennial Allstar studs from out system...
Your Towers hate took you down yet another rabbit hole...

lol, my "hate" is nothing compared to your hilarious inability to see even the slightest fault. To not see this blatant contradiction and then actually call it "straight forward as it gets" is faaaantastic.

You have no room to accuse anyone of bias on this subject.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump for Stout. Note the same dudes that seem to always defend Towers are still defending him.