Top 100 Heavy Metal Vocalists

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Let's see. A quick list for me would be:

Halford, Osbourne, Dickinson, Tate, Mustaine, Hetfield, Araya, Belladonna, Anselmo, Bush, Billy, Schuldiner, Barlow, Neil, LaBrie, Keenan, Zombie, Manson, Owens, Filth, Diamond, Steel, De La Rocha, Stanley, Roth, Bon Jovi, Dio, Davis, Staley, Weiland, Bach, Lawless, Snider, Fair, Byron Davis, Blythe, Howard Jones....

The bolded ones weren't even on this list!!!

I'm with you.

My list would be...

Late 80s / Early 90s James Hetfield
John Bush (Anthrax / Armored Saint)
Lane Staley
Bjorn Strid (Soilwork)
Ronnie James Dio
Rob Zombie
Zak Stevens (90s era Savatage)
Sebastian Bach
Bruce Dickenson
Geoff Tate
James LaBrie

and of course, Jason Kendall from The Asylum, but you guys will be hearing some of that soon enough ;)

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Bjorn Strid - The Chainheart Machine is a FANTASTIC album....

"So you wanna play rough? Say hello to my little friend!"

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Right, if they consider Queen Heavy Metal which they obviously are not, but still... Mercury should clearly be far ahead #1.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, if they consider Queen Heavy Metal which they obviously are not, but still... Mercury should clearly be far ahead #1.
Actually, I think they clearly are. Mercury is near the top of the list of "Heavy Metal Vocalists."

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Any list that puts Fred Durst before Dee Snider is worthless. In fact, any list that puts Fred Durst on it PERIOD is worthless...

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Oh, and I should have included Mikael Åkerfeldt. If you don't know Opeth, get into them! Try out Blackwater Park or the sister albums Damnation and Deliverance. They cover the ENTIRE spectrum of music from folk to black metal. They are a collection of true musicians and Mikael's vocals are excellent whether he's singing melodically or in the growl....

Opeth just bore the hell out of me at Gigantour.

I went there to see Arch Enemy, Megadeth and most of all Lamb of God.

Most people booed Opeth and chanted for Lamb of God.

I'll be honest. I sat down and dozed off a bit during them.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Opeth isn't a match for Gigantour. They are a completely different vibe. You'd want to pair them with bands like Anathema, Amorphis and other meloncholic metal. That's like putting Pink Floyd on the bill for a Black Sabbath show. Opeth does not match with LOG, Megadeth, Unearth and the other thrashy NWOAHM groups....

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Opeth isn't a match for Gigantour. They are a completely different vibe. You'd want to pair them with bands like Anathema, Amorphis and other meloncholic metal. That's like putting Pink Floyd on the bill for a Black Sabbath show. Opeth does not match with LOG, Megadeth, Unearth and the other thrashy NWOAHM groups....

I definatley agree with that.

There where a good amount of Opeth fans. But the LOG fans outnumbered them.

Their lead singer at least had a sense of humor.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the hell is heavy metal? Why would you listen to it?

Animal

Rookie
Reaction score
Of that list, Dio and Axl are too low because I don't consider Queen to be heavy metal and it's pretty debatable if Bad Company or Free(both Paul Rodgers) was heavy metal either? I guess I could live with them being lumped into that genre, but I'd put both Dio and Axl ahead of Paul Rodgers.

What the hell is Steve Perry doing on a list of heavy metal vocalists?

Steven Pearcy is way too low if you're going to put people like Stapp and Cherone on the list, Ratt was one of the most influential "glam rock" bands of the 80's.

no Tom Kiefer of Cinderella, seems most of his contemporaries are on the list?
I would've put Kiefer in place of Steven Perry. The way they compiled this list, I'm surprised they didn't put Gart Brooks, Justin Timberlake, or Nick Lachey on the list- of course then Hit Parader would've lost whatever veneer of credibility that had.

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Any best of metal list that would have Fred Durst and not mention Tomas Lindberg has to be written by a bunch of poseurs!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard