Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan (Amazon Prime)

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Just finished season one. Very entertaining. Can’t wait for season two.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His Dr girlfriend does nothing for me. She reminds me of a friend's wife..... No thanks, I'll pass.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Just finished watching.
I thought for sure season 2 would be going after young Dr. Death but then they cleaned up loose ends.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Halfway through Season 2, pretty good so far. Lots of action. The story line about Greer is a little weak, imo... I don't care what Noomi Rapace is in, I'll watch it.

Greer with a heart condition??? C'mon, you can do better than that

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Fun watch. Some pretty ridiculous tradecraft/dumb character errors, but that's par for the course. This is a good show I never expected to watch, let alone like. I blame COVID and the fact that the Bunk is in it :)

Town Drunk

Reaction score
Finished season three in less than a week. Fun watch, some silly moments, but as usual it’s incredibly entertaining. I’ve read they’ve already shot season 4, which will be the last season. I’m guessing it’s out in the fall.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Finished season three in less than a week. Fun watch, some silly moments, but as usual it’s incredibly entertaining. I’ve read they’ve already shot season 4, which will be the last season. I’m guessing it’s out in the fall.
Didn’t think this one as good as the other two, but still enjoyed it. Bummed there are only 4.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having a tough time with Season 3, loved the first 2. One of my issues with season 3 is they're constantly shooting scenes in near darkness. I guess it's supposed to make it more intriguing or something but it's just annoying? Still watching it but not enjoying it nearly as much as the first 2 years.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I also didn’t like season 3 as much. I wish there were scenes with Ryan where it wasn’t action based. Maybe I’m a sucker for a love interest but the season seemed very one note. Will still be excited for the last season though.

Stout

Reaction score
Episode one, and I'm very close to not watching after the first five minutes. Really sick and effing tired of the dumb "how we got here" trope that's been flogged to death worse than a beaten horse. If it's a season how we got here, I'm probably out. Those are absolute ish.

Stout

Reaction score
If anyone that watches could tell me the length of the "how we got here" catch up (and put the length in a spoiler for those who don't want to know), I would greatly appreciate it. This way I can determine if I want to return and watch it. At this point, I have little desire to go beyond episode one. The writers have pissed me off that much.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone that watches could tell me the length of the "how we got here" catch up (and put the length in a spoiler for those who don't want to know), I would greatly appreciate it. This way I can determine if I want to return and watch it. At this point, I have little desire to go beyond episode one. The writers have pissed me off that much.

I'm through 2 episodes. I do like it but yeah it's not as good as the first 2 seasons.

I think one of the things is it's really hard for me to "buy" Michael Pena in the role he's in because I still see him as doing comedy. I know that's dumb since Krazinski was in the Office for so long but I'm able to see him as a serious CIA guy but with Pena's role it's very hard for me to buy the premise of his character. I won't spoil it, I'm still going to watch but it is a little hard for me to get into so far.

Town Drunk

Reaction score
Haven’t started it yet but I’ll agree the quality has dropped off since season 3. I’m guessing this season will still be entertaining, though you’ll have to suspend your beliefs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose