Time to get over it.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Look guys, Amare and Boris broke the rule and they got suspended for it.

Time to close ranks and win on the basketball court dispite any setbacks.

All of the talk of taking players out is just disturbing and wrong. I know our emotions are all hyped because this seems so unfair but it is time to get a grip and move on.

The Spurs are not evil and they are not any more dirty than any other hard nosed team fighting for a championship (although they do lead the series in flagrant fouls 2-0).

To me this is a sign that they are being frustrated by the Suns.

Keep up the pressure and win this series anyway. It is the biggest kick in the nuts you could give to the Spurs is to send them home for the summer.

GO SUNS!!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

All of the talk of taking players out is just disturbing and wrong. I know our emotions are all hyped because this seems so unfair but it is time to get a grip and move on.

The Spurs are not evil and they are not any more dirty than any other hard nosed team fighting for a championship (although they do lead the series in flagrant fouls 2-0).

Keep up the pressure and win this series anyway. It is the biggest kick in the nuts you could give to the Spurs is to send them home for the summer.

GO SUNS!!!

I know that there are some fans that won't be able to get over that until the season is over, and a new one starts.

There are fans of other teams that aren't over it yet. Stu Jackson is on all of the airwaves trying to explain his position.

I don't think that we have to get over it yet.

HooverDam

Reaction score

I agree the Suns have a game to play tonight and need to win it, but this part of your post I disagree with. The Spurs are MUCH dirtier than any other team that made the playoffs. They have a player who is known as a dirty player who goes after people's ankles (Bowen) and a player who flops so wildly people are afraid he's going to hurt someone (Manu).

The San Antonio Spurs are everything the NBA is trying to move away from. No emotion, no fun, no speed. Just one on one play, dull as molasses quite often (though Parkers driving ability and Duncans ability to make it off the glass are quite amazing).

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
I want to get over it. but this might be the incident that might break this team up and potentially the last shot to NBA title. Nash is not getting younger and players contracts are not getting smaller. I couldn't sleep last night...

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score

GO SUNS!!!

I am with you man. This game tonight is a great chance to beat the Spurs shorthanded, and stick it back to the wack ass ruling that came down from the NBA. What a fantastic prospect. Nothing could make you more proud of the Suns and give you a sense of vindication than to win tonight. This is not impossible. They CAN do it and we gotta get behind them. Can you imagine winning the next 2 games and eliminating the Spurs in San Antonio?
What could be better than that?

OP
OP
Chaz

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
It is a fact of life. If they had stayed on the bench they would be playing.

Will the Spurs benefit from Horry's craptastic play? Yes.

Can we change it now? No
Is it "fair"? No

I am not saying we should forget or forgive, just move on.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a fact of life. If they had stayed on the bench they would be playing.

Will the Spurs benefit from Horry's craptastic play? Yes.

Can we change it now? No
Is it "fair"? No

I am not saying we should forget or forgive, just move on.

As a fan, I don't feel that I need to move on. At least not yet.

The players better have moved on. They have a game to play, and MANY adjustments to make in a short amount of time.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll get over it if we win tonight.

If we don't, I'll never get over it.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I still haven't gotten over Game 4 against the Lakers last year, and I doubt I ever will. This one is far worse. This was their best chance at a title in 40 years and a narrow-minded ruling has just swept it away. I'll probably be dead before the Suns get this close to a title again.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
When / IF the Suns win the Championship... and on May 22nd, we receive the #4 pick... and Bruce Bowen get suspended for a dirty foul... I will start to forgive and forget.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score

GO SUNS!!!

Fine but that's what I'll be saying to all the fans calling for D'antoni's head tonight when they lose. Get over it.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Fans must NOT get over it, because we need all the extra fire we can muster for the game tonight. I now anticipate my voice will be gone before the end of the first quarter, and I have to have SOMETHING to fuel the complete destruction of my vocal cords for another three quarters, and I'm figuring good old brainless outrage should get me to the half. Then I am counting on the Suns to slowly pull ahead further and further and keep me going in giddy insanity to the end.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I still haven't gotten over Game 4 against the Lakers last year, and I doubt I ever will. This one is far worse. This was their best chance at a title in 40 years and a narrow-minded ruling has just swept it away. I'll probably be dead before the Suns get this close to a title again.

Completely agree with you. I don't see myself ever forgetting about this injustice.