Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man KD is just stupid efficient 15 attempts and 31 pts geesh. When Book and KD are on it’s gonna be demoralizing to teams to stop us from scoring, anxious to see the big 3 all on the floor… could be just beyond ridiculous!

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Nice... and vitally needed... win. Still, it's a major bummer that as soon as Booker comes back, Beal goes out again.

Can only hope it was just for this single game, but if he's on the shelf for another run of multiple games... man, I just don't know what to think.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What are you talking about? He’s a Meaningless 8th man on the bench according to some!

Good W.

Not what I said.

Point was and still is, Nurk blows.

Great W. Without Booker this team is ass.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not what I said.

Point was and still is, Nurk blows.

Great W. Without Booker this team is ass.
And Ayton The Conquerer with another monster 6 point/5 rebound performance tonight as Portland gets annihilated would definitely have helped this team this year with his absolutely non-existent offense, weak defense and quitter attitude.

It’s okay to admit you were wrong about Allen and that there is basically no difference between Ayton or Nurkic as far impact goes so far. I’ve admitted we didn’t get the KD I thought we were going to get and overpaid to get him and didn’t spontaneously combust. I promise it won’t happen to you either.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And Ayton The Conquerer with another monster 6 point/5 rebound performance tonight as Portland gets annihilated would definitely have helped this team this year with his absolutely non-existent offense, weak defense and quitter attitude.

I’m not even defending Ayton.

Nurkic sucks, the idea that he’s was the guy we were holding out for is insane to me.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Nurkic sucks, the idea that he’s was the guy we were holding out for is insane to me.
I think you are looking at it wrong if you think he was the guy they were holding out for. I think they just didn't want to go into the season with Ayton still hanging over their head and took the best deal they could get. As far as I can tell Nurkic and Allen will have a bigger impact for this team than Ayton would have.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It’s okay to admit you were wrong about Allen and that there is basically no difference between Ayton or Nurkic as far impact goes so far. I’ve admitted we didn’t get the KD I thought we were going to get and overpaid to get him and didn’t spontaneously combust. I promise it won’t happen to you either.

It took a while for you to come around on Durant… you’ll come around on Nurk too.

He’s the guy teams will target all year.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My takes are hot and spicy right now.

I've been pinching my mouth shut so far this season, decided to let a bit out tonight. We won, best win of the season.

All hail Booker.

When some of these other dudes win me over, I will oblige them. Don't see Nurk getting there though... he's going to be a thorn all year.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Nurk so far this year has been historically inefficient for his position and a traffic cone on D but the Suns weren’t holding out for him. DA’s value earlier in the summer was Tim Hardaway and JaVale McGee. The Suns held out and got a better deal. They just weren’t holding on to DA to let him boost his value when everyone in the franchise wanted him gone. But yes, Nurk is cheeks. We’d be absolutely hosed without Eubanks right now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nurk so far this year has been historically inefficient for his position and a traffic cone on D but the Suns weren’t holding out for him. DA’s value earlier in the summer was Tim Hardaway and JaVale McGee. The Suns held out and got a better deal. They just weren’t holding on to DA to let him boost his value when everyone in the franchise wanted him gone. But yes, Nurk is cheeks. We’d be absolutely hosed without Eubanks right now.
Not to mention that if Ayton looked like the absolute dog that he has this season, his value would have actually gotten WORSE.

Nurkic can suck and that trade still was probably the best we could get for Ayton. Both things can be true.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
One thing that I appreciate about Nurk is how he actually sets screens. DA so often slipped before the screen was set or just set a poor screen in general. Nurkic isn't perfect and is probably illegal most of the time, but he makes contact and gets separation for Book and KD to do their thing.

Just look at the first couple screens in this highlight package:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson