Timberwolves @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread 4-28-2024 - Game 4

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well sure he’s young and Book still outplayed him, he just started chucking 3s since we held him down in the first half. He got hot take away a 7 threes which he almost NEVER does and he didn’t even have to expend much energy. Played less minutes than our stars because his coach is smart enough to rest guys even when they are very young lol. Vogel fudged this team all year long with his stupid rotations and continued the trend in the playoffs! Little hadn’t played in forever and you just throw him out there in an elimination game lol desperation move. Frank just did not know what to do and just rode the starters way too much all year! Can’t expect guys to play well and be in rhythm when they never play (bench)! Can’t win much when you’re out coached nearly every single night!
This is now the second game where you are essentially calling the best player on the court (and in the series) lucky. Cmon man.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Conspiracy theory? It’s what actually happened.
That he did that gesture because he hates/disrespects Frank?

What makes you think for one second I was denying what was on the video? I'm saying it was a nothingburger and meant nothing. Beal himself discredited the theory (although to be fair, he would discredit it regardless of the intent).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

What makes you think for one second I was denying what was on the video? I'm saying it was a nothingburger and meant nothing. Beal himself discredited the theory (although to be fair, he would discredit it regardless of the intent).
Just noteworthy that he did that to coach and literally seconds later dapped up everyone else. Does that he mean “hates” Vogel (weren’t you just calling someone out for hyperbole?)? No. Just an interesting observation. It happened. Read into it or don’t as you will.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
i don't think beal is a huge fan of vogel to begin with - gets yanked at he 6 minute mark of every first quarter despite how he starts the game - but never looks happy when it happens - idk if there's anything to that or anything more than that but that's what i saw

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just noteworthy that he did that to coach and literally seconds later dapped up everyone else. Does that he mean “hates” Vogel (weren’t you just calling someone out for hyperbole?)? No. Just an interesting observation. It happened. Read into it or don’t as you will.
I heard on a podcast that he did it with Bol as well. But I wasn’t there so don’t know for sure.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edwards seized the moment in the Suns series. He's on the front page of CBS in an picture hugging LeBron and the story is about the passing of the torch in the NBA. He's being elevated in the NBA pantheon to at least the level of Booker.
he passed Booker this year. Book scored more points, but Ant was the one who took control of the game in the fourth quarter, with dagger after after dagger, plus exclamation point dunks and blocking one of Booker's to put the game away.
I really like their chances against the Nuggets. They played them super tough last year and had all kinds of guys out. Now they are full strength and ready.
don't get too high on the Wolves beating that hapless Suns squad. I think they can give the Nuggets a run, but they're still a year away from overcoming that mountain in the middle in Denver. This is a classic little brother big brother scenario that seems to happen repeatedly in the NBA. Denver sweeps the T-pups in the first round in Ant's first playoff foray. They meet the next year in the 2nd round and the T-Wolves have a little more seasoning and maybe take the series to 6 and then the question is can they ever get over the hump? Bulls eventually did over the Pistons. Spurs eventually did over the Lakers, but then there's Kings never doing so over the Lakers or Knicks/Pacers getting over the Bulls.

Time will tell where the Wolves fall in that lineage, but I don't think it's time this year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're better than that conspiracy theory crap. I want Frank gone as much as the next guy, but come on.
I'm confused. What's the conspiracy theory crap? That Beal doesn't like Vogel? There's video of him slapping off Vogel's five in a relatively disrespectful manner, especially to a Head Coach, and then he immediately daps the guys down the bench. That at least gives the appearance of things being off between those two versus the rest of the guys to me. Am I missing something?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

actions speak louder than whatever words Beal spoke after the fact when he tried to play it off, IMO.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he passed Booker this year. Book scored more points, but Ant was the one who took control of the game in the fourth quarter, with dagger after after dagger, plus exclamation point dunks and blocking one of Booker's to put the game away.

don't get too high on the Wolves beating that hapless Suns squad. I think they can give the Nuggets a run, but they're still a year away from overcoming that mountain in the middle in Denver. This is a classic little brother big brother scenario that seems to happen repeatedly in the NBA. Denver sweeps the T-pups in the first round in Ant's first playoff foray. They meet the next year in the 2nd round and the T-Wolves have a little more seasoning and maybe take the series to 6 and then the question is can they ever get over the hump? Bulls eventually did over the Pistons. Spurs eventually did over the Lakers, but then there's Kings never doing so over the Lakers or Knicks/Pacers getting over the Bulls.

Time will tell where the Wolves fall in that lineage, but I don't think it's time this year.
We actually agree on the series. I wouldn't bet on the Wolves. It just feels like it's going to be at least 6, maybe 7 games. If the Wolves actually won I don't think it would be "shock the world" type stuff however.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think everyone is right. He was clearly brushing off Vogel but at the same time it’s a nothing burger because Vogel’s gone and Beal is who he is.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay we understand your position on this. No one agrees with you. Move on.
Lol… what is your problem? I commented a couple times, was confused a bit about conspiracy theories and then commented once more that I didn’t buy spin after the fact. Sorry if that somehow offended you but there’s no need to be a jerk and tell me to shut up.

Also, multiple board members plus multiple media members thought something wasn’t kosher there forcing Beal to answer for it so apparently someone agreed with me! Actually… seems like outside this board, most do.

weird post all around.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I listened the post game 4 podcast from PHNX, I didn’t realize how bad it was it was for Beal in the closing moments of the game when it was still pretty close.

Beal just crapped the bed. They mentioned he didn’t attempt to foul out Kat by driving at him and had more than half the teams turnovers. I thought the two early fouls in the first really did him in quickly.

I for one was tired of his nicety, helping the other team up, giving the ball to them so they can inbound it quickly. I thought this guy was a killer on a bad team. But now on the suns he’s just a good guy collecting his 50M.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I listened the post game 4 podcast from PHNX, I didn’t realize how bad it was it was for Beal in the closing moments of the game when it was still pretty close.

Beal just crapped the bed. They mentioned he didn’t attempt to foul out Kat by driving at him and had more than half the teams turnovers. I thought the two early fouls in the first really did him in quickly.

I for one was tired of his nicety, helping the other team up, giving the ball to them so they can inbound it quickly. I thought this guy was a killer on a bad team. But now on the suns he’s just a good guy collecting his 50M.
That makes me mad.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think Beal did slap Vogel off. In the press conference what is he going to say? You don't want to be the guy seen as getting your coach fired, even IF you hate him.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
actions speak louder than whatever words Beal spoke after the fact when he tried to play it off, IMO.
I think Beal did slap Vogel off. In the press conference what is he going to say? You don't want to be the guy seen as getting your coach fired, even IF you hate him.

I am all for Vogel getting fired but I think Beal was simply furious and embarrassed with himself and didn't want to interact with anyone.

He got to the bench and covered his face with a cushion and screamed. Guy needed a moment... probably needed several moments.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am all for Vogel getting fired but I think Beal was simply furious and embarrassed with himself and didn't want to interact with anyone.

He got to the bench and covered his face with a cushion and screamed. Guy needed a moment... probably needed several moments.
Between snubbing Vogel and doing what you say in the second paragraph he dapped a bunch of teammates. If I hadn’t seen that I would’ve dismissed his snub of Vogel. But the two occurred literally within two or three steps he took. It was glaring.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least I know he cares that he played horrible (not that it excuses he played horrible). I would much rather see that verses what I have seen in the past or on other teams (guys laughing, smiling or showing zero emotion). The only thing I might possibly read into this is that Vogel might be or has lost the team when you couple this with the players rolling their eyes at Frank story.