Timberwolves @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread 4-28-2024 - Game 4

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
By some miracle, we find a taker for Beal and the #2024 draft pick. This will give us some depth, length and an actual full roster around Booker/KD. It will take a miracle for anyone to want Beal, even with a #2024 pick attached to him.
Didn't I hear that Beal has a 'no-trade contract'?
Maybe he will want to stay here, or not?
With $50 M owed him next year, what teams would want him?
Right now I see the same starting five being here next season.

Same team, same result?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Loser behavior. He was in a bad place last night.
Yeah, Brad KNOWS his performance was the primary reason why we lost. The guy is very self-aware, especially after what he said after game 3. He didn't even stick around for interviews after the game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Brad KNOWS his performance was the primary reason why we lost. The guy is very self-aware, especially after what he said after game 3. He didn't even stick around for interviews after the game.
That’s even bigger loser behavior to me and just another sign that this team really has zero leaders on the court.

I’ve criticized Booker in past playoffs when he refused to face the music after playoff embarrassments. Beal deserves the same.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
we put three carburators on the same car and spent all our money doing so - our big block engine is powerful but not so fast off the start - we paid to keep the 3pt burst nitrous system which was nice but i still don't like the driver - hope we get rid of him

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh let’s not act like a lot of this board didn’t talk like Nurkic was the second coming

I didn't because I looked at his history of injury.

Nurkic played in more games than I thought he would and I have no complaint about his effort. He is simply not the same player that played for Denver.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
we put three carburators on the same car and spent all our money doing so - our big block engine is powerful but not so fast off the start - we paid to keep the 3pt burst nitrous system which was nice but i still don't like the driver - hope we get rid of him

Carb lol

More like we triple charged our engine and didn't give it enough fuel by modern efi.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welp suns sure emberresed themselves in poffs awfulllllll no hearted gutless effort

Bong rip to kd being traded to old and vogel popel bein released

Im numb as a fan over sweep :(

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw someone say this on reddit:
Ant rolled his ankle TWICE in the game and was still the best player on the court when it mattered.
Well sure he’s young and Book still outplayed him, he just started chucking 3s since we held him down in the first half. He got hot take away a 7 threes which he almost NEVER does and he didn’t even have to expend much energy. Played less minutes than our stars because his coach is smart enough to rest guys even when they are very young lol. Vogel fudged this team all year long with his stupid rotations and continued the trend in the playoffs! Little hadn’t played in forever and you just throw him out there in an elimination game lol desperation move. Frank just did not know what to do and just rode the starters way too much all year! Can’t expect guys to play well and be in rhythm when they never play (bench)! Can’t win much when you’re out coached nearly every single night!

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Well sure he’s young and Book still outplayed him, he just started chucking 3s since we held him down in the first half. He got hot take away a 7 threes which he almost NEVER does and he didn’t even have to expend much energy. Played less minutes than our stars because his coach is smart enough to rest guys even when they are very young lol. Vogel fudged this team all year long with his stupid rotations and continued the trend in the playoffs! Little hadn’t played in forever and you just throw him out there in an elimination game lol desperation move. Frank just did not know what to do and just rode the starters way too much all year! Can’t expect guys to play well and be in rhythm when they never play (bench)! Can’t win much when you’re out coached nearly every single night!
That's being totally dismissive of what Ant did last night. He absolutely put the clamps down on Beal, had multiple spectacular defensive plays on Book, and made the right plays time after time when Phoenix doubled him. Aside from scoring (and I'd argue a lot of it was from a somewhat friendly Book whistle), Ant outplayed Book decisively.

Is Book's play the reason we lost? No. Far from it. But that's not what we're debating here.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edwards seized the moment in the Suns series. He's on the front page of CBS in an picture hugging LeBron and the story is about the passing of the torch in the NBA. He's being elevated in the NBA pantheon to at least the level of Booker.

I really like their chances against the Nuggets. They played them super tough last year and had all kinds of guys out. Now they are full strength and ready.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's being totally dismissive of what Ant did last night. He absolutely put the clamps down on Beal, had multiple spectacular defensive plays on Book, and made the right plays time after time when Phoenix doubled him. Aside from scoring (and I'd argue a lot of it was from a somewhat friendly Book whistle), Ant outplayed Book decisively.

Is Book's play the reason we lost? No. Far from it. But that's not what we're debating here.
Book outplayed him period. He just had a lot of help and Book and KD were the only ones to show up for the Suns. If Book had all the young long defenders and a defensive anchor in the middle and a Connely running the PG lol he would be putting up ridiculous numbers nightly! MINN looked awful last year but Connelly fixed that team he is the stability not Ant, he is impressive but hardly controlling that team you take away the PG and they are a mess much like the Suns. If Book can focus on just being a SG he’s still the best in the league imo, problem is they trying to make him think to much playing PG which is this seasons colossal mistake!

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Edwards seized the moment in the Suns series. He's on the front page of CBS in an picture hugging LeBron and the story is about the passing of the torch in the NBA. He's being elevated in the NBA pantheon to at least the level of Booker.

I really like their chances against the Nuggets. They played them super tough last year and had all kinds of guys out. Now they are full strength and ready.
you must be jokic-ing - i don't see timberlakes winning more than 2 games[/quote]

They went 2-2 during the regular season. So they win at least two games. I feel it's a 7 game series type of a matchup. Who wins? Probably the Nuggets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort