Timberwolves @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread 4-28-2024 - Game 4

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bradley Beal appears none too happy with Frank Vogel.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big 3, big 3, big 3....

I never saw it that way. Since when was Beal a "big" NBA player. He scored a lot of points for a crappy franchise. Was hurt a lot. Had like one really good playoff game, which they lost.

The Durant trade was bad, the Beal trade was beyond dumb. I would rather have frigging Ayton, that's how low of an opinion I have had of Beal. I bit my tongue and hoped for the best. But there is no best with Beal. He won't be better for us than this season.
Beal was a much bigger disappointment to me than Durant. Durant actually has been a decent player for us. The problem is we didn’t get a HOF player night in and night out and it costs us a ton of assets. However, Beal to me is the biggest disappointment in terms of what I thought we would get and what we did get from a basketball standpoint.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks. I feel bad for him. I wonder if it’s going to be one of those quick turnaround surgeries, in a cast and back on the sidelines.

He seemed sort of out of it after the collision. I thought he might have suffered a concussion as well.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timberwolves Chris Finch is feared to have a torn patellar tendon in his knee.

It wasn't the knee Conley hit with his knee, it was his other knee that went into a table and then hit the floor.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
None of us can say we are surprised by tonight's outcome. I wonder the over/under of Vogel getting fired this week. Heck, I wonder if it happens tomorrow? I feel like Ishbia will "go through the process" to assess the season and then fire Vogel. Which is why I give Vogel a week.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shams sat on that for weeks and unleashed it in perfect timing.

The comments below Shams tweet give a flavor of what was going on with Frank Vogel and the team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
None of us can say we are surprised by tonight's outcome. I wonder the over/under of Vogel getting fired this week. Heck, I wonder if it happens tomorrow? I feel like Ishbia will "go through the process" to assess the season and then fire Vogel. Which is why I give Vogel a week.

I already went through the process long ago. IMO, both Frank Vogel and James Jones should be gone already.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Nick U’Ren joins the Mercury from Golden State where he spent the last nine years in basketball operations under Bob Myers and Steve Kerr, part of four Warriors’ NBA Championship teams (2015, 2017, 2018, 2022).

I wonder if the new Suns GM has been hired already? A guy with these creds going to the Mercury? Maybe they told him to hold tight for a potential Suns opening? :shrug:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I wonder if Bob Meyers would take the Suns GM job?
I think there's better GM potential out there for the Suns over the coaches available. I just don't see a coach I am excited about. Looking like Doc Rivers will be available....

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there's better GM potential out there for the Suns over the coaches available. I just don't see a coach I am excited about. Looking like Doc Rivers will be available....

I'd look at some top assistant coaches for some of the better teams.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Shams seems to be convinced James isn’t going anywhere.
That's been my point. He knows where his bread is buttered and does what the owners want. He has done two opposing tactics with two different owners. Guys like that tend to linger.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve been saying that to cheese. If we are running this squad back they have to find the undiscovered Riley or undiscovered Phil. A young guy who thinks differently and leads differently. Not a retread. I wanted nurse last season bc he’s been lauded as a very creative coach. Now I want something new.
Yeah, they don’t really have any other path.

Ty Lou? Mike D’Antoni? (insane as it sounds, at least it’s ambitious). Finding someone who not only has a vision but that these guys will respond to is a huge challenge.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do believe some guys simply are not winners. I mean we see it in every sport. Guys with huge numbers that never win. Not sure if I put Nurk in that category but I certainly wouldn’t begrudge anybody for going there. I could buy the argument. That’s a big spread.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please. I don't want to hear more coach talk from Frank Vogel.