Timberwolves @ Suns Friday Playoff game thread 4-26-2024 - Game 3

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if Isaiah Thomas can play anymore, but maybe it's time to find out. The Suns need a point guard.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Shouldn't be possible to stop all our big three scorers, but so far, props to the pups.

It's time, it's time Bradley Beal steps up. He needs to be the leader I think.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grayson Allen is feeling better than he thought with sprained right ankle. He is QUESTIONABLE.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if Isaiah Thomas can play anymore, but maybe it's time to find out. The Suns need a point guard.

I was listening on the radio and he sounds more like he shoots first chance he gets type player verses a "setup" the offense type guy. However, if we continue to have all these turnovers and come out flat again? Why not? They should have never have brought him in then.

Also, give Bol Bol some damn time. The T-Wolves play big.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was listening on the radio and he sounds more like he shoots first chance he gets type player verses a "setup" the offense type guy. However, if we continue to have all these turnovers and come out flat again? Why not? They should have never have brought him in then.

The Suns needed a point guard, not a cheerleader. I'm not sure what the Suns were thinking, but there were other point guards available.

Bol Bol is a finesse big man, not exactly what the Suns need, but worth a try with the Wolves size advantage. He might help give the Suns a bench. I don't know what happened to Okogie.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He was never a PG.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Carrington or George. I know nothing about these guys, but they may be available at our pick in the upcoming draft assuming we keep it. I want a tall PG that we can have switch up on D.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Carrington or George. I know nothing about these guys, but they may be available at our pick in the upcoming draft assuming we keep it. I want a tall PG that we can have switch up on D.
I want a quick PG that can guard his man. It would be nice if he was size appropriate for the position but I wouldn't want his defining attribute to be his positionally appropriate height. Quickness, toughness, court vision, coachability, health, above average shooting - those are the selling points I'm most interested in, not that I have a clue who fits that description.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I want a quick PG that can guard his man. It would be nice if he was size appropriate for the position but I wouldn't want his defining attribute to be his positionally appropriate height. Quickness, toughness, court vision, coachability, health, above average shooting - those are the selling points I'm most interested in, not that I have a clue who fits that description.
Just looking at Carrington's stats he looks like a good player. Freshman into NBA, which usually means talented. Most of our opponents have been going big with PGS, and the little guys we have kinda get posted up. WC has huge guys. All told if there's two guys matching your description and we have a choice, I am taking the bigger guy.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just looking at Carrington's stats he looks like a good player. Freshman into NBA, which usually means talented. Most of our opponents have been going big with PGS, and the little guys we have kinda get posted up. WC has huge guys. All told if there's two guys matching your description and we have a choice, I am taking the bigger guy.
I think you're being unduly influenced by the 3 guard lineup we often run. We need a small forward that has decent size - running Booker and Beal and Allen together puts us in a bind because none of them are quick enough to guard the quicker point guards (Beal comes closest) and none of them are big enough or strong enough to defend the larger 3's. Sure, Haliburton is elite with great size but usually "tall" for a PG means he's too slow to transition from college starter to pro starter.

Kyrie, SGA, Brunson, Steph, Trae, Fox, Maxey, Lillard, Sexton, White, Jamal Murray and many other PG's are Devin's size or shorter. It would be nice if we could find a point guard that meets my criteria and has good positional length/height but IMO it shouldn't be the primary attribute on our wish list. Tall, effective PGs such as Haliburton and Cunningham are few and far between IMO.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well it’s an uphill climb but win games 3 & 4 and we’ll at least have a chance. I still believe a series doesn’t start until you lose on your home court. No margin for error these next 2 games. They MUST even this series 2-2 or it is surely over.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think we need to add defense in the starting five. Don't know why Okogie is out of favor. Sure they will sag off him and want him to shoot, but we need help on the defensive end. Start Royce if we have to.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am one of those people that never asks for anything on his birthday but.....hey Suns....pssst.....wink....wink....nudge....nudge.