Thunder @ Suns Wednesday game thread 3-8-2023

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Maybe I'm an eternal optimist, but I'm going to guess he misses no more than a game, if that even.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting this will be bad but I've seen plenty of players keep on playing through a sprained ankle until halftime or whenever they go to the bench, then the ankle swells and the pain worsens. I don't think his few post-sprain minutes tell us anything.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This says 4-6 weeks

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This says 4-6 weeks
I'm just gonna go ahead and pretend that I didn't see this....

Also reading the article all it says is "there is concern within the organization that it's a grade 2 ankle sprain". That is pretty vague and doesn't provide any source for it. Hope it turns out to be wrong...

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm gnashing my teeth... but I don't see how it is a severe sprain, if he was able to continue his warmup routine afterwards.

Even as someone who thinks this trade was potentially catastrophic, the idea that he might be out for months seems premature. It looked like a typical ankle roll and he continued his drills. Watching the replays, and his initial reaction, if it had happened mid game I would have expected him to stay out on the court.

I think/hope this is doom and gloom just media trying to go for click bait.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Got home, watching the game on replay and there's about 5 minutes left to play - Suns played pretty damn good tonight. Sucks about KD but I'm not gonna let it bother me tonight, hopefully it's just a precautionary nothing burger. Booker was freakin amazing tonight tho I'll tell you what

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The doom and gloom is over the top.

I was not a fan of the trade but... come on people, this is what we signed up for. If you guys are bailing over what seems to be a trivial sprain then you had wildly unrealistic expectations.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was not a fan of the trade but... come on people, this is what we signed up for. If you guys are bailing over what seems to be a trivial sprain then you had wildly unrealistic expectations.
Come on… we signed up for the dude to get hurt in a layup line? That’s comically bad storytelling that would get kicked you out of the worst writing rooms in the business.

If it’s trivial, great. I don’t care about an overreaction. But it ain’t like that reaction is coming from thin air. It’s coming from the paper of record in Arizona already talking 4-6 weeks. The Republic doesn’t usually traffic in rumor unless it’s their news articles so I’m guessing that number came from someone inside the team.

Also, we’re the Suns. The worst case scenario more likely than not the most likely scenario.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't really think it's doom and gloom as much as people are disappointed about not seeing Durant in his first home game. If he's back in a few games it will be business as usual here.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't really think it's doom and gloom as much as people are disappointed about not seeing Durant in his first home game. If he's back in a few games it will be business as usual here.
I was at the game! It sucked balls at first. There was a buzz in the air and then it was a deadness... and then the team kicked butt and things seemed to feel right again.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on… we signed up for the dude to get hurt in a layup line? That’s comically bad storytelling that would get kicked you out of the worst writing rooms in the business.

If it’s trivial, great. I don’t care about an overreaction. But it ain’t like that reaction is coming from thin air. It’s coming from the paper of record in Arizona already talking 4-6 weeks. The Republic doesn’t usually traffic in rumor unless it’s their news articles so I’m guessing that number came from someone inside the team.

Also, we’re the Suns. The worst case scenario more likely than not the most likely scenario.

I might be wrong, but I'd be stunned if it's that bad. He was moving without a limp afterwards, he continued his drills, this all seems precautionary.

And yeah, we signed up for a guy who gets hurt a lot. He's 34, he's missed the majority of his games the last 4 years, I don't expect him to get more durable. We just gotta hope his availability is timely.

We are Suns fans and we've seen some gnarly stuff. That play in Chicago when Okogie rolled up Ayton's knee was far more frightening. Gave me Livingston/Googs vibes.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I'd be stunned if it's that bad. He was moving without a limp afterwards, he continued his drills, this all seems precautionary.

And yeah, we signed up for a guy who gets hurt a lot. He's 34, he's missed the majority of his games the last 4 years, I don't expect him to get more durable. We just gotta hope his availability is timely.

We are Suns fans and we've seen some gnarly stuff. That play in Chicago when Okogie rolled up Ayton's knee was far more frightening. Gave me Livingston/Googs vibes.
I hope it’s nothing major. It didn’t look serious but who knows, the human body like you said doesn’t typically get stronger the older you get as an athlete. That’d be a killer blow with 3 big games coming up. Sacramento is very winnable but we’re gonna have to contain Fox and keep it rolling offensively. Book is in a zone and he needs to stay in it.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m not worried, but I might be only one on this board that’s seen him play live in a Suns uni. At least for a while and I will remember it till I die

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not worried, but I might be only one on this board that’s seen him play live in a Suns uni. At least for a while and I will remember it till I die

Man... if only paper tickets still existed. You'd have yourself a collectors item.

Take a screen shot if you still can!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looking at the replays, I don't think he slipped, the foot doesn't seem to slide at all.

I still think it's probably minor sprain but they need to get his ankles more stable. There doesn't appear to be any reason for his ankle to roll there.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score

God that was something I hadn't thought of in a really long time. Prior to that terrible Injury that team was as good As the Lakers, San Antonio, or anyone else. I mean if Kevin Durant is really out can Kevin Johnson come save us?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe I'm an eternal optimist, but I'm going to guess he misses no more than a game, if that even.
republic reporting he is likely to miss 4-6 weeks.

its 6 weeks till the playoffs start.

only bright side is he is unlikely to get a more serious injury before the playoffs start.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm awake now. It's gotten worse.

Black Cats
Locusts
Ladders

Aint got crap on the PHX Suns Layup line.

FML!

“And now I'm right back where I started. Sober and miserable.” ― Alyson Noel

Last edited: