Thunder @ Suns Wednesday game thread 3-8-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns return home for two games, facing the Thunder on Wednesday and the Kings on Saturday.

After the win in Dallas, the Suns record is 36-29 for the season.

The Thunder are 29-34 but play the Jazz later today.

When: Wednesday, March 8th

Television: Bally Sports Arizona

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7:00 pm Arizona Time

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m really looking forward to more lamentations of getting rid of good, but not great players who repeatedly choked during the last two playoff runs for what’s arguably the second best player in the league and one of the all-time greats who’s fixes the team’s two biggest problems (PF and shot creation), plays very good D and has been nothing but fire so far during a transition period where we’ve gone 3-0 on the road.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m really looking forward to more lamentations of getting rid of good, but not great players who repeatedly choked during the last two playoff runs for what’s arguably the second best player in the league and one of the all-time greats who’s fixes the team’s two biggest problems (PF and shot creation), plays very good D and has been nothing but fire so far during a transition period where we’ve gone 3-0 on the road.
Let’s not get crazy. It’s not like we acquired Kevin Durant . . . oh wait . . .

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I'll actually be night golfing on Wednesday lol so y'all can feel free to fire Monty Williams 18 times during the game unimpeded

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll actually be night golfing on Wednesday lol so y'all can feel free to fire Monty Williams 18 times during the game unimpeded
Exactly zero people suggested that and you are still going on about it. LOL.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol you still think we were calling for Monty’s firing in the middle of the game? That’s hilarious.
I don't think that is what he is saying. Several of you, including you Chap, said he should be fired repeatedly during the game thread. Not that the firing itself should happen mid game.

Although you all did not clarify exactly when said firing should take place. After the game, next week, before the playoffs, not sure when you are thinking.

In the end, he is ribbing you for getting extremely emotional with your comments in the game--kinda like I am now.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't think that is what he is saying. Several of you, including you Chap, said he should be fired repeatedly during the game thread. Not that the firing itself should happen mid game.

Although you all did not clarify exactly when said firing should take place. After the game, next week, before the playoffs, not sure when you are thinking.

In the end, he is ribbing you for getting extremely emotional with your comments in the game--kinda like I am now.
That is correct, we did not call for him to be fired while the game was going on -- he was saying we were. Follow the convo JC.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We could be the 3 seed if we win our next 2 games. the Kings have the Pelicans and should win but you never know.

Got to take care of business! 2 games back from the 3 seed with 2 games against the Kings left. The Pacific Division is up for grabs, but first wee need to beat OKC!

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
He was definitely stating we wanted him to be fired in the middle of the game. Juvenile.
I just think it's funner to watch the games and let them develop instead of freaking out and calling for the head of the coach of the year that got us and Kevin Durant here. Whether yall want him fired during or after the game is trivial imo, but I apologize for making it sound like yall wanted him canned right then. You can sit there and say I don't understand basketball all you want - but I can say we're not going to be leading be at all times, players are going to have rough stretches, and we won't win every game... but that doesn't make you smarter than Monty Williams. And it's not like I think the Suns are perfect nor do I expect them to be. Perhaps I should've just stayed in my lane, my bad. These words I'm typing are genuine, been at work all day so I wanted to wait and choose them carefully. Last thing I want is a never ending pissing match, even if we massively disagree. So that's it from me man, have a good one

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I just think it's funner to watch the games and let them develop instead of freaking out and calling for the head of the coach of the year that got us and Kevin Durant here. Whether yall want him fired during or after the game is trivial imo, but I apologize for making it sound like yall wanted him canned right then. You can sit there and say I don't understand basketball all you want - but I can say we're not going to be leading be at all times, players are going to have rough stretches, and we won't win every game... but that doesn't make you smarter than Monty Williams. And it's not like I think the Suns are perfect nor do I expect them to be. Perhaps I should've just stayed in my lane, my bad. These words I'm typing are genuine, been at work all day so I wanted to wait and choose them carefully. Last thing I want is a never ending pissing match, even if we massively disagree. So that's it from me man, have a good one
I appreciate the response. It’s a good one. Understand that most of us here believe monty is a good coach. Particularly with a young team that needs structure and to be taught how to win. I also know that monty has forgotten more about basketball than I’ll ever know. But having been an avid sports fan for 40+ years it’s also not difficult to spot patterns with coaches, or to recognize coaching failures and over time recognize that some coaches can only take their teams so far. None of our collective criticisms of monty are emotional spur of the moment outbursts. We’ve discussed Monty’s shortcomings at length in this forum. Not everyone agrees, but there’s definitely a group of knowledgeable fans that have come to the conclusion that the suns may have squeezed all that they can get out of monty. Doesn’t make him a bad, or even mediocre, coach. And of course this is all going to come to a frenzied head in gameday threads where every individual play magnifies posters more general opinions and observations due to the emotion of the moment. If you want to understand why some think Monty’s shortcomings may warrant exploring other options in the offseason if this team fails to win it all this year maybe starting a conversation asking why they think that rather than ridiculing them would net you a more engaging conversation.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The issue isn't your basketball knowledge. Lots of posters here have that. It's your lack of knowledge about posters and this forum that is. A few times you have accused posters of being this or being that even though you have very little knowledge about them, their history on this forum or even context of previous discussions like those about Monty that have been ongoing for years. This is pretty tight nit forum where many of the posters have been engaging for YEARS. We get on each other's nerves, we fight, we make up, we share but at the end of the day we all love the team and for the most part our fellow fans. This is the best Suns fan forum hands down and I am on a few. It's the context you are missing in many of our discussions.
If you want to understand why some think Monty’s shortcomings may warrant exploring other options in the offseason if this team fails to win it all this year maybe starting a conversation asking why they think that rather than ridiculing them would net you a more engaging conversation.
Instead of repeating I will just repost this part of Ouchies post. It's spot on.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The issue isn't your basketball knowledge. Lots of posters here have that. It's your lack of knowledge about posters and this forum that is. A few times you have accused posters of being this or being that even though you have very little knowledge about them, their history on this forum or even context of previous discussions like those about Monty that have been ongoing for years. This is pretty tight nit forum where many of the posters have been engaging for YEARS. We get on each other's nerves, we fight, we make up, we share but at the end of the day we all love the team and for the most part our fellow fans. This is the best Suns fan forum hands down and I am on a few. It's the context you are missing in many of our discussions.

Instead of repeating I will just repost this part of Ouchies post. It's spot on.
For context, I have been on this forum since 2012 and quite a few people here have been here much longer than me. It is certainly very different from most sports forums that I have taken part in.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

That great and all lol but again this isn't my first rodeo on ASFN, very familiar with all the OGs in here, but feel free to keep ignoring that. I know it's a great forum. I wanted to clear some things up with ouchie and extend an olive branch and I think we hopefully got past some things. I might even try and do the same with chaplin at some point because we've been cool in the past as well, but that will be between he and I as well. As for you trying to call me (who as a child used to mow lawns so I could take the McDowell bus from the west side to the madhouse) a casual fan, that doesn't really fly with me. Questioning someone's fandom is weak sauce imo and very counter productive - so I'm just going to do me and do my best to keep your name out my mouth - which I hope you can appreciate. No biggie, we both love the same team, there's plenty of room on ASFN for the both of us

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That great and all lol but again this isn't my first rodeo on ASFN, very familiar with all the OGs in here, but feel free to keep ignoring that. I know it's a great forum. I wanted to clear some things up with ouchie and extend an olive branch and I think we hopefully got past some things. I might even try and do the same with chaplin at some point because we've been cool in the past as well, but that will be between he and I as well. As for you trying to call me (who as a child used to mow lawns so I could take the McDowell bus from the west side to the madhouse) a casual fan, that doesn't really fly with me. Questioning someone's fandom is weak sauce imo and very counter productive - so I'm just going to do me and do my best to keep your name out my mouth - which I hope you can appreciate. No biggie, we both love the same team, there's plenty of room on ASFN for the both of us
If something I said doesn't fly with you that's because there is a misuderstanding or you are not reading what is being said. Let me clear it up from my perspective.

Nobody is questioning your basketball knowledge. Nobody is questioning your love or fandom of the Suns. What is being said is that you have been critical of people you don't know without context of previous conversations or knowing that person (meaning you don't interact with us on regular basis). Maybe you can change that approach. That's it. Nothing more.

I am not asking you to go anywhere. The more the merrier IMO. We all love this team. There is already too much drama here sometimes. Olive branches are good!!

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If something I said doesn't fly with you that's because there is a misuderstanding or you are not reading what is being said. Let me clear it up from my perspective.

Nobody is questioning your basketball knowledge. Nobody is questioning your love or fandom of the Suns. What is being said is that you have been critical of people you don't know without context of previous conversations or knowing that person (meaning you don't interact with us on regular basis). Maybe you can change that approach. That's it. Nothing more.

I am not asking you to go anywhere. The more the merrier IMO. We all love this team. There is already too much drama here sometimes.

He's just plain ignorant is all.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
All good with me

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns players getting in some work today.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose