Three Team Trade Turns to FIVE Teamer!!!...

asudevil83

Reaction score
Memphis Commercial Appeal - Point guard Jason Williams resides in Orlando during the offseason. Eddie Jones once was Jerry West's lottery pick in Los Angeles.

When NBA training camps begin in October, Williams won't have far to travel and Jones will reunite with the man who gave him an NBA start.

The Grizzlies completed their part in a five-team, 13 player deal Tuesday -- the largest trade in NBA history -- that will send Williams, James Posey and Andre Emmett to the Miami Heat for swingman Eddie Jones.

The components of the five-team deal came together when Memphis chose to deal with Sacramento straight-up in a separate trade that sent Bonzi Wells there for Bobby Jackson and Greg Ostertag.

Memphis, along with Utah, then worked with Miami, Boston and New Orleans on the larger deal.

The breakdown is as follows:

Memphis will receive Jones, who is scheduled to earn more than $30 million over the next two seasons, and Utah's Raul Lopez, who will not suit up for the Griz after having his contract bought out as a condition of the trade.

Miami will get Williams, Posey, Emmett and Antoine Walker, who agreed to a six-year, $52 million sign-and-trade deal.

Utah will receive Ostertag.

New Orleans will get Utah's Kirk Snyder and Miami's Rasual Butler without losing players because it has money under the salary cap.

Boston will receive Curtis Borchardt (Utah), Qyntel Woods (Miami -- and Carver High School in Memphis) and Miami's $1.9 million trade exception as well as the rights to the Heat's 2004 second-round pick Albert Miralles and two more future second-round picks.

The Grizzlies also received a $4.9 million trade exception by convincing Utah to participate in the larger deal. That money can't be spent on a free agent but it could be used in a trade to acquire a player during a specific time frame.

if that's not the MOST complicated trade i've ever seen then i dont know what is. Miami still makes out great. New Orleans, suprisingly just adds a couple of roster spots without giving up anything.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
So memphis has Bobby Jackson, Eddie Jones, and Damon Stoudemire now? It's better than what they lost i guess.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is it just me... or does it seem like Miami just freckin rocked that deal....

This is what is scaring me... because as of right now teams like the Heat and Pacers, are getting a whole lot stronger, and we have decided to blow our team up for "better flexibility"???? :confused:

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
boisesuns said:
So memphis has Bobby Jackson, Eddie Jones, and Damon Stoudemire now? It's better than what they lost i guess.

Wow a bunch of overpaid veterans who are past their primes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard