Thoughts on Warner

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This might be the thread with the most "I'm to long to read it all" posts that I have ever seen.

Kurt is old, and like the rest of our team, horribly bi-polar.

That is all.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
This might be the thread with the most "I'm to long to read it all" posts that I have ever seen.

Kurt is old, and like the rest of our team, horribly bi-polar.

That is all.

kurt is awesome, he will win the mvp and hoist a lombardi at the end.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Doug, You have a good one too. By the way, (just in case I do end up with a wooden nickle or two), THEY ARE PROBABLY WORTH MORE THAN THE REAL THING RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!

By the way, I would still like to know what you think about our situation at tackle on the O-line and what we are or are not doing to help it. PM me if you would rather talk privately about this. I just would really like to get your opinion on that matter. I know you have far more experience than I do there.

PS----Re the KW thread, the point is that you accused me of starting it. I just pointed out that you brought it up before I did,----- I just repllied to it.

Sleep pain-free tonight my friend----------

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Good Words Molker, if I may add my two cents:

I think he misses Haley. He is one of those guys who needs to have someone on his case both at practice and during the game. He needs someone to challenge him on the way he's playing and jump all over him if he's screwing up. My theory is some people are managers and some people need managers. Needing a manager is not a bad thing it's just part of the way your brain works. Kurt needs a manager. (At home, I'm pretty sure Brenda is the manager.)

I didn't realize how badly we were going to miss Haley until I saw an NFL Films feature on Fitz a couple of weeks ago. It centered on his relationship with his late mother. Remember the moment in the Super Bowl after Fitz made the could-have-been-game-winning touchdown? Haley grabbed him on the sidelines and started yelling at him. Watching that on TV during the game I'm thinking "Haley is yelling at him for watching himself on the Jumbo Tron." (What do I know?) Turns out Haley was saying to him, "Talk to your Mother! Talk to your Mom!!" Whiz walks over towards Larry and Haley grabs Whiz and said "Leave him alone! I told him to talk to his Mom, just leave him alone!" Cut to Larry on the bench with his head down in prayer. Yeah... He's talking to his Mom.

Haley KNEW Larry and knew what made him tick. Haley KNEW Kurt and knew how to tick him off enough to make him play better. Not everyone has that ability to see inside his player's brains and hearts and use it to make them better. Haley had it and I think Kurt needs it.

(And if there is someone out there who is smarter than me and knows how to post videos, the NFL Films segment on Larry is on Youtube. It's called "It's Better to Receive than to Give" and is in two parts. That moment with Larry and Haley just about made me cry.)

Haley was a BIG loss. I said it when he left for KC & will stick by it until I see otherwise. As you say Haley knew how to challenge & get the most out his weapons. The offense hasn't been the same all year and Todd Haley was part of the engine that made last years Ferrari run at warp speed.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I guess I must be stupid but all this talk about Kurt not trusting guys like Morey completely baffles me. Aren't these guys being paid to catch the ball just like Boldin and Fitz are?

Don't they practice the running the same routes? If I were one of these guys and my QB didn't trust me I would be pissed and tell him to throw me the damn ball and I will make the play.

If this is a team and Kurt is a team player then why shouldn't he trust these guys. What would he do if Fitz, Boldin and Breaston went down with season ending injuries, not throw the ball to anyone because he doesn't trust them?

I think this trust thing is really lame. If I were the QB I would expact these guys to step up and make plays. That's why they are here. If they can't get rid of them.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
HEY DOUG-------I just want you to know that I agree with about 95% of what you are saying about the Cards and our situation. Much as I like KW though, I guess I will never like him as much as you do. I still think he is the best QB we have on this team, and I still think that Leinart is the guy who will replace him when he is done. I just remember KW going through much of the same thing when he was at ST. Louis toward the end of his stint there, (he would have maddening games ever so often, and it drove Martz crazy). Somewhat the same with his stint in NY.

That said, he is still our guy-----and the best we can put on the field this year. No dispute there.

By the way, since Fox has apparently discovered the (secret identity) of this team, JEKYL AND HYDE, and have placed us on Power Ranking Probation until we change that perception, I have decided to just ride with the tide, and enjoy the results. I need a few laughs in my life anyway, and this is OK by me. I am picking the Cards to beat DA BEARSE on Sunday in Chicago, and unlike last week where I had bad vibes all week, I feel pretty good about this one. I'll take your advice and relax and have some patience with this bunch of Animal House Wannabees and their double secret probation.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I must be stupid but all this talk about Kurt not trusting guys like Morey completely baffles me. Aren't these guys being paid to catch the ball just like Boldin and Fitz are?

Don't they practice the running the same routes? If I were one of these guys and my QB didn't trust me I would be pissed and tell him to throw me the damn ball and I will make the play.

If this is a team and Kurt is a team player then why shouldn't he trust these guys. What would he do if Fitz, Boldin and Breaston went down with season ending injuries, not throw the ball to anyone because he doesn't trust them?

I think this trust thing is really lame. If I were the QB I would expact these guys to step up and make plays. That's why they are here. If they can't get rid of them.

Remember the preseason when Warner said one of the reasons he was struggling is that guys weren't running their routes correctly? that's what I mean by trust, Warner is a timing guy drop, setup, ball comes out on time hits WR in stride. He's as good at that as anybody who's ever played QB in the NFL.

When the guy running the pattern isn't where he's supposed to be, that timing pattern can look awful, incompletions, picks etc. All preseason Kurt was throwing high and the inference was some of that was on the receivers.
In the Carolina game at least 2 of his picks were on throws to Urban, one was directly Urban's fault, the other was overthrown.

In the last game he had the big completion to morey that came back on penalty. A few plays later Morey was literally uncovered on a deep route into endzone just left of the middle of the field. Instead Kurt threw into double coverage far left to Fitz. I honestly don't remember now if it was the one that was incomplete, or the one 2 plays later that was picked off, I think it was the incomplete. Either way, Kurt threw to a double covered Fitz when morey was literally uncovered. Either Kurt didn't see Morey, or he felt his odds were better throwing to a covered Fitz than an open Morey.

Either one is troublesome but I guess I'd like to believe he just didn't see MOrey or maybe Morey was so open because his man read Kurt's eyes and left Morey to go help on Fitz and you just couldn't see that on tv?

Edit I just checked on NFL.com the play to Morey was the incomplete one not the INT.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think the thing is outside of the Jax game Kurt hasn't been as good this year as last year.

Warner's Jacksonville stats don't look so hot now that Vince Young went 15-18 against the Jags.

;)

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Warner's Jacksonville stats don't look so hot now that Vince Young went 15-18 against the Jags.

;)

The Jags have lost many a player since we played them.Its not even close to the same team we played in the heat and humidity that Sunday.The jags have given up as a team and a city.Its a shame but this is one of the worst seasons you'll ever see them have as I know the owner won't tolerate this level of play for very long.

The bucs also tried to go with a very young Head Coach and probably will go back to the drawing board and try to rebuild this team again.This bucs team is worse than the old creamsicle bucs of many a year ago.

The phins still have and are playing with pride and do what they do well.I guess leadership like Parcells really matters on a team.

Things will change a ton after this year and one of the biggest in levels of play from the worst team to the best team.Parity is gone for one year at least.I think its gonna get even worse.The rich will get richer.

I'd love it if we could find a miracle to keep Rolle and Dansby and still pick up a bigtime FA OLT and possibly an OLB too.Thats just pure dreaming tho.Maybe making the playoffs will bring a few fans back.If we don't start winning at home the first playoff game is at home,as division winner and Mike Singletary said yesterday that his team is GONNA win the division this year.So GAMEON!!!

Even Unitas,Marino,Montana,Young,Elway,of course favre had bad days even worse than Warner last week.Sometimes that funny shaped ball takes some strange bounces.Sometimes a whole team does'nt show up.

Lets see if Vince Young gets his jersey put in the Hall of Fame as Warners was after that Jags game? It was Warners 4th jersey.2 CARDINALS.:D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Even Unitas,Marino,Montana,Young,Elway,of course favre had bad days even worse than Warner last week.Sometimes that funny shaped ball takes some strange bounces.Sometimes a whole team does'nt show up.

NFL QBs have bad games? The ball bounces funny? Somebody call Ripley's Believe it or Not!

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
A Great Warner Stat

Since the year 07-08 after any game with 3 interceptions or worse Kurt Warner has responded with games of 107+,105+,95+.

This stat is in the Chicago Sun Times today as the Bears look towards the game Sunday.

There is a book Titled "YOU CAN'T KEEP WARNER DOWN" you can buy at amazon or look it up.There have been many a reason to write that book and I think the CARDINALS are gonna have a focused Quarterback come Sunday afternoon.Glad they have flown early to Chicago to get used to the early gametime.Hope tomorrow is enough time to get rid of the jet lag if any.

Hope both Coach's brought game plans worthy of the Giant game in New York and the players execute it to perfection and much tighter than they were in the giant game even.

You can look up this stat in a thread below of the two Chicago papers and it will be the second link in that thread.You'll need to click to the second page.I could'nt remember the full percentages after the numbers I posted above but all 3 are very good games.

History is on our side since this game should come down to a play here or there from either teams quarterback.I also hope we don't turn the ball over.Maybe even get a few bounces our way this week after last weeks nightmare.

:band::fans::band::fans:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard