They still are not going to show any indication of their actual offense

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Don’t matter if they don’t practice and execute running the ball - fundamentals- blocking, tackling, bread and butter run plays.

Play action must be realistic

Agreed. It makes the play action and RPO a lot less effective if we don't have a running threat and the D can sell out on the pass without much risk of getting gashed for doing it. That's the problem with one dimensional offense in the NFL is a talented passing team aren't going to be as effective as they can be without keeping the D honest with the running game.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Whether or not we give away trade secrets will be secondary to how well we execute and match up.

From a fan's standpoint - we'd naturally like to know how play on the field in Game #3 will translate to how the team will look during the regular season. Good luck with that. (Either it will reveal stuff or it won't and we won't know which until after those games are played).
I'm not concerned about this offense, I know it will move the football when the real games start, they can keep it vanilla imo. I wanna see the defense stop the damn run lol. Even being preseason, giving up 6, 8, 9 yd runs isn't gonna cut it. Wanna see an effort on defense, I know what the offense can do starting September 8th when the playbook is opened up.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hmmm... Joined 2 days after the KK hire, blind faith in ability, intimate knowledge of sleep and work schedule. Are you really KK, or maybe his mom? :D
Lol, no, lifelong Cardinals fan from Louisville, KY. Been a fan since 1976 when they we're in St.Louis. just happened to find this board right after the KK hire, actually I looked for one & found this one. I read alot of Cardinal news from multiple apps & listen to 98.7 on their app. You would have to be blind to not know how much time this man puts in if you research it. He even talks about scheming plays & changing/game planning week to week. Constantly looking for an advantage. It's also been said by his assistants what time he gets in the office each day. Guarantee you he's not scheming defensive assignments lol, although with the way they have looked so far, he may need to help VJ out with that side of the ball?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I saw in the first preseason game was Murray throwing bolts and he showed his quick release and strong arm and accuracy and incredible speed. He also showed that he is survivalist and knows how to avoid big hits. I am a bit conflicted with this aspect of his game as a appreciated how Warner and Palmer would stand tall and take a hit to deliver a completion. I do however want my QB to be available for the entire season and to be as healthy as possible so that he can perform at his best.

In the 2nd preseason game I saw that Gruden wanted to do everything possible to stop Murray in a semi meaningless preseason game. Blitz after blitz and getting in the Refs ears about the "clap" snap. Watching all that was like watching last years team which is a nightmare I can't deal with again. Thing is that KK will have answers to all that blitzing that he didn't have in the game plan for the 2nd preseason game.

What I then saw was Hundley come in and move us up and down the field and score TD's because the Raiders weren't in full kill Murray mode. So I came away somewhat confident that KK's offense and our players will score points and be effective in the NFL.

Wringing our hands over preseason games is more than a little bit silly and I say that knowing I do the same on occasion until I catch myself doing so. Of course I would love to see us light it up and blow the Vikings away but what I truly want is for us not to repeat that hellish preseason game in Minny when we lost several starters to injury.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I really am at the low ebb of my life in caring about the NFL so my thoughts on the Cardinals are of less value than usual but then again a lot of people probably think it couldn't possibly get any lower value so ha ha...

All I will say is this, preseason is so hard to tell anything that it's nearly meaningless it's entirely about how the coach approaches it and it's not just one coach but both coaches.

So you could have a team trying to win vs a team trying to play the wounded duck routine in which case you're going to see a certified dumpster fire that means almost nothing.

However your team could actually be trying vs a team who could give a flip and could of just shown you they suck so bad you should start ordering your paper bags now.

You can't really know unless you know the coaches minds.

I'm not very optimistic though so maybe that'll help them out it's always a win when I'm pessimistic about the teams chances and then get pleasantly surprised. I'd rather be wrong than right when I think it's going to be a dumpster fire because I legit want them to win.

I am starting to get dumpster fire tinglings though but they are weak because again, I care less than ever before.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Logan Thomas was pretty exciting in his preseason debut. We all know how that story ended.

Rosen drove a ****** Dolphins team 99 yards for a TD in his 1st opportunity last night.

It's preseason.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Mayfield just had a horrendous game as well (10-26 for 75 yards and an interception). I don’t think anyone is freaking out about that right now.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really am at the low ebb of my life in caring about the NFL so my thoughts on the Cardinals are of less value than usual but then again a lot of people probably think it couldn't possibly get any lower value so ha ha...

All I will say is this, preseason is so hard to tell anything that it's nearly meaningless it's entirely about how the coach approaches it and it's not just one coach but both coaches.

So you could have a team trying to win vs a team trying to play the wounded duck routine in which case you're going to see a certified dumpster fire that means almost nothing.

However your team could actually be trying vs a team who could give a flip and could of just shown you they suck so bad you should start ordering your paper bags now.

I'm not very optimistic though so maybe that'll help them out it's always a win when I'm pessimistic about the teams chances and then get pleasantly surprised. I'd rather be wrong than right when I think it's going to be a dumpster fire because I legit want them to win.

I am starting to get dumpster fire tinglings though but they are weak because again, I care less than ever before.

As Cardinal fans, we can't help but be pessimistic whenever our team comes to a fork in the road. In our long history, what could go wrong, has gone wrong, and at the worst possible times. We've had our hearts broken for so long that it's just easier to expect the worst. Then, if by some remote chance we're legit, then it's truly special. And our special is nowhere near what a Pats, Steeler, Packer, etc fan would deem special. It all starts at the top, and unfortunately, our ownership has no clue on how to build a long term Championship tradition. Michael Bidwill is a good man, and he DOES want to win. I truly hope he gets to hold a Lombardi Trophy in his lifetime. But, for now, I don't blame Cardinal fans on this board who watch preseason games & only sense a dumpster fire. It's pretty much all we've known.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That's pretty close to how I feel.

Preseason is full of red flags (& a few green ones). Think of the red ones as warning signs to not be ignored but not overreacted to either. Hope we don't wet the bed vs. Minny.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave