The way too early official Super Bowl LIII gameday thread

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Refs didn't hold the Rams to 3 freaking points...3!!

I mean good lord

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people are just going to see what they want to see.

I am with you. Refs did a fantastic job outside of (what I consider the obvious) intentional grounding/safety.

I thought the worst call of the entire game was flagging the defender for making a textbook tackle after reading the play perfectly. A flag was thrown for unnecessary roughness? Come on ?! Then to have it described on TV as - "He didn't let the offensive player make a football move..." Uh, excuse me? Now we have to let a player get the ball and make a move before we can tackle them? So lame. Went from third-and-18 on the New England 16-yard line to a first-and-10 on the New England 35.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
I thought the worst call of the entire game was flagging the defender for making a textbook tackle after reading the play perfectly. A flag was thrown for unnecessary roughness? Come on ?! Then to have it described on TV as - "He didn't let the offensive player make a football move..." Uh, excuse me? Now we have to let a player get the ball and make a move before we can tackle them? So lame. Went from third-and-18 on the New England 16-yard line to a first-and-10 on the New England 35.
Yeah, I remember that one. I had a good laugh at the time. Remember when it was the DBs job to hit that guy hard enough to jar the ball loose?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No doubt that was just horrible. In a Cardinal game, I would have been throwing crap at the TV. Pretty sure that was the initial drive of the game that resulted in a missed NE FG. Still was a horrible call.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never too soon

Here's a look at the updated odds, per Super Book USA's Jeff Sherman.

KC 6/1
LAR, NO, NE 8/1
LAC, Chi, Pit 14/1
Min, GB, Dal 16/1
Phi, Bal, Ind, Cle, Hou 20/1
Sea 30/1
Atl, Jax, NYG 40/1
SF 50/1
Car, Ten, Den 60/1
TB, NYJ 80/1
Wsh, Det, Buf, Cin, Oak, Ari 100/1
Mia 300/1

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I destroy any and all notions that the refs are always in the Patriots pockets as well as the Patriots always cheat with this one point. If this is true then why didn't they pay the officials off or cheat in order to go undefeated?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How is that possible?
I think it has something to do with no 1 person had an outstanding game. It was such a collective effort by the team doing their job rather than an individual dominating.

Best defensive performance: (my opinion)

NE- Stephon Gilmore- 5 tackles 3 PD and 1 Int.
Honorable mention- D’onta Hightower- 2 tackles, both sacks.

LA- Corey Littleton- 10 total tackles and 1 INT.
Honorable mention- Donte Fowler 4 tackles 2 TFL.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That one was stupid for sure

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson