The way too early coaching hot seat nominations thread

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adam Gase Jets could be gone before the weekend is over.

Mike Zimmer Vikings will stay on the hot seat but will last the season when he is fired after the last game

Dan Quinn Atlanta could go any day now

Vic Fangio Denver may be a two and done at seasons end

Only Gardner Minshew can save Doug Moreau in Jax

Anthony Lynn Chargers needs a playoff spot to stay employed

Matt Patricia Detroit got a stay of execution today

Bill O'Brien Houston has to fire himself

Thoughts?????

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arthur Blank has been way too patient with Quinn and Dimitroff.
I'll take his defensive mind over VJs. We suffered through his defenses for too long, with the Seahawks, to not appreciate having it on our side. Bend but don't break doesn't work around these parts... Especially this forum. VJ has to be on borrowed time I'd assume.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Adam Gase Jets could be gone before the weekend is over.

Mike Zimmer Vikings will stay on the hot seat but will last the season when he is fired after the last game

Dan Quinn Atlanta could go any day now

Vic Fangio Denver may be a two and done at seasons end

Only Gardner Minshew can save Doug Moreau in Jax

Anthony Lynn Chargers needs a playoff spot to stay employed

Matt Patricia Detroit got a stay of execution today

Bill O'Brien Houston has to fire himself

Thoughts?????
Lynn is safe, with the rookie QB....but on thin ice to start next year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can we get Matt P if Detroit fires him? He has a good game plan for Kyler when the rest of the league can't really figure him out.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'll take his defensive mind over VJs. We suffered through his defenses for too long, with the Seahawks, to not appreciate having it on our side. Bend but don't break doesn't work around these parts... Especially this forum. VJ has to be on borrowed time I'd assume.
Keim said that in order to hold Vance accountable he had to give him talent. I imagine Vance will get a year after this.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim said that in order to hold Vance accountable he had to give him talent. I imagine Vance will get a year after this.

No way. It's exceedingly clear that Vance sucks. Nothing is changing. Vance could have the most talented defense in the league and it would still be average or worse. We will have a new DC next season.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course he will say this.. he can't give him young, drafted talent. A way of saving face, and his job. The same way Budda creates so many tackle opportunities.. just don't cover your man then you create the tackle. :)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
No way. It's exceedingly clear that Vance sucks. Nothing is changing. Vance could have the most talented defense in the league and it would still be average or worse. We will have a new DC next season.
Hey...I certainly don't want to keep him, but I doubt Keim bails.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Dan Quinn has consistently had horrible defenses.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
...you might want to do some research on Vic Fangio if you think he isn't one of the best in the NFL.
I know what he's done as a D-Cord. I am just going off the a trend that hasn't worked in AZ's favor.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
My guess is that Game gets the axe soon, even though the Jets never cut coaches in the middle of the year.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mike Nolan Is going to get a lot of blame for the cowboys failures. Please stay away from the Cardinals...he does have an eye for talent but he is a poor defensive minded coordinator.

Scouting.:raccoon:

Game planing :thumbdown

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Mike Nolan Is going to get a lot of blame for the cowboys failures. Please stay away from the Cardinals...he does have an eye for talent but he is a poor defensive minded coordinator.

Scouting.:raccoon:

Game planing :thumbdown

Outside of his stint with the Ravens where he had some Hall of Fame talent at all three levels of the defense, Mike Nolan has been a below average to average coordinator.

Hell I'd take back James Bettcher right now. While he was a big step down from Todd Bowles, he called a better game than Vance.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose