The War Room's newest Mock draft is up...

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
They have us selecting Cedric Benson

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3436126

8. Cardinals Cedric Benson RB Texas
The Moss trade helps the Cardinals here because it could allow the third of the three elite backs to drop to them. The Cardinals are desperate because of the retirement of Emmitt Smith and Marcel Shipp coming back from a broken leg. Benson is more of a pure, physical between-the-tackles runner than either Brown or Carnell Williams. QB Alex Smith also is an option, but it's less likely after the team signed Kurt Warner.

Due to his wokout, they have Ronnie Brown going all the way up to the #2 pick.

1SG fan

Reaction score
this mock has six CBs going in the first round......not leaving us much for the second.
The cards either take a cb,too high,or take the last of the three RBs at #8. what CB is left for the second round after those 6 CBs are gone ?

Reaction score
If that's the way the draft shakes up then the cornerback to get would be Marlin Jackson. If he drops to us the second we have to be stoked and snap him up.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Their draft of the first 8 picks really makes sense. It could go that way.
CBs left in round 2 include: Eric Green (Virgina Tech), Marlin Jackson(Michigan), Byant McFadden (Florida State), Domonique Faworth (Maryland)and Fabian Washington (Nebraska).

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Actually the scenario is getting better. Tampa wants Williams if they can figure a way to get one of the currently available running backs to fit under their cap. They are desperately trying to re-structure everything in sight. Minnesota won't take a back, so unless someone trades down, I think it's now very possible 3 running backs will not be taken before the Cards' pick. Also, I believe Miami may yet take one of the available backs, but they would likely then move down. If the Cards want Brown, they could get a chance to move up.

Let me add a word of caution. I also think it is very possible the Cards will take a corner if they stay put. It would not surprise me if they trade down, though that goes against Green's normal thinking. I am hearing their board preparations are indicating several players to be of approximately equal value if Brown is off the board.

spanky1

Reaction score
Harry said:
Actually the scenario is getting better. Tampa wants Williams if they can figure a way to get one of the currently available running backs to fit under their cap. They are desperately trying to re-structure everything in sight. Minnesota won't take a back, so unless someone trades down, I think it's now very possible 3 running backs will not be taken before the Cards' pick. Also, I believe Miami may yet take one of the available backs, but they would likely then move down. If the Cards want Brown, they could get a chance to move up.

Let me add a word of caution. I also think it is very possible the Cards will take a corner if they stay put. It would not surprise me if they trade down, though that goes against Green's normal thinking. I am hearing their board preparations are indicating several players to be of approximately equal value if Brown is off the board.

There is a school of thought that is saying the Dolfins may also look long and hard at Braylon Edwards now that Boston has been cut. I also believe that Mike Williams may very well be picked before us at #8. This is where the chess game starts......especially when Alexander and James are now available.

As for a trade down.....while I agree that Green doesn't do this often, if QB Smith is available at #8, some teams might come calling. Green Bay comes to mind for one........this is Favre's last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard