The Walking Dead (AMC)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I opened this and scrolled down real fast as avoiding spoilers, not even telling people in passing that I am finally watching this to avoid all spoilers.

So to get it off my chest: me and my daughter started watching it. My wife wont watch ANYTHING even remotely scary so there was no way she will touch this. My daughter had seen occasional episodes at my moms house and thought it was boring.

I challenged her to start season one with me (I had already seen the first 4 episodes) and she was hooked after episode one.

We only watch when the wife does side work for our cousins at night so its a slow process but we are I think 3 episodes into season two right now. The ladys daughter is missing and they are working on the main charactors son after he ghot shot by the hunter.

The CDC episode where the door opened was a huge cliffhanger but then the CDC episode was pretty darn boring. I am glad season 2 has started with a bang with the stuck on the freeway mess going on.

We played the qwalking dead telltale game on 360, were hoping this house of people are not a bunch of cannibals that start eating the charactors like what happened in the game!

That is all. Ill be reading this whole thread in a month or two :)

Well, you're at an...interesting point in the series, that's for sure.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was decent but not great by any means. Seemed like more of an episode you would see 2 or 3 episodes in but they wanted to make a point early I guess and set the tone.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do I need to put spoilers on episodes that have already aired for this show?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they just made a mountain out of stuff that previously had pretty much ZERO significance. I mean... the stuff with the Governor... what the hell was that?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I did get a kick out of seeing a model of The Forgotten Prisoner of Castlemare on the kid's nightstand. For those who are unfamiliar:

You must be registered for see images

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I started watching it and then got bored 5 mins and stopped. I figured rest of the episode will be the same way since that's how past couple of seasons have been.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved it. Well made honoring of the character. Well shot. Much more artsy than this show's norm.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but in context. Not a big deal.

that's what was so odd about his appearance... they tried to make their relationship a big deal... which it wasn't in any way shape or form.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's what was so odd about his appearance... they tried to make their relationship a big deal... which it wasn't in any way shape or form.

Well, there's a thread of a relationship there but it takes a bit of mental yoga...

To Tyrese it was a big deal, since he feels it was his fault the Governor found out about the prison (he is the one who first brought it up) and he was down with the Gov until he put two and two together and realized the prison peeps were going to get attacked with the pet pit walkers the gov was raising.

It was a morality decision that he couldn't "atone" for in life, so as he was dying he was able to square himself of that yoke around his neck (of his own mind's making). Thus, the Governor comes and gives him crap about forgiving Carol, and belittling a time that he was the better man and chose forgiveness over revenge. Terminus dude was when that action to let someone go led to death. Governor was the bookend decision where he did both (told about the prison, then refused to go attack it) that still lead to death and destruction.

Plus they get to put David Morrissey on screen again.

Whew, I need a Gatorade.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Such a boring episode except for the end. Introducing a new character.

Looks like next week's episode will actually be kinda exciting.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Such a boring episode except for the end. Introducing a new character.

Looks like next week's episode will actually be kinda exciting.

If you're looking for some kind of shoot 'em up TV show about zombies with non-stop action then maybe you might like to watch World War Z over and over again because this isn't what this show is all about. The zombies are just window dressing. This show is about the characters and how they are trying to get by living in this world. It never stated it was an action series. Even the comics spend a lot of time on the character building. Just so you know, I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm just stating a matter of fact. The show is a drama not an action show.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for some kind of shoot 'em up TV show about zombies with non-stop action then maybe you might like to watch World War Z over and over again because this isn't what this show is all about. The zombies are just window dressing. This show is about the characters and how they are trying to get by living in this world. It never stated it was an action series. Even the comics spend a lot of time on the character building. Just so you know, I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm just stating a matter of fact. The show is a drama not an action show.

agree. I'm not one who necessarily thinks they always get the character stuff right, but I thought last night's episode was one of the best in a long time.

seeing the complete devastation everyone felt was pretty damn good as far as I was concerned and ending the episode with a sting of a new character/mystery was a good way to pay the hour off.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

agree. I'm not one who necessarily thinks they always get the character stuff right, but I thought last night's episode was one of the best in a long time.

seeing the complete devastation everyone felt was pretty damn good as far as I was concerned and ending the episode with a sting of a new character/mystery was a good way to pay the hour off.

Well said both of you.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Yea but how much character building does it take?

There is no one talking for nearly half the show and they all move like an inch at a time.

I liked Breaking Bad a lot and that was also a drama show. It had ton of character building as well and yet not one episode was ever boring.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Breaking Bad is arguably the greatest show of all time. You are going to continue to be disappointed in TWD.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I really liked first couple seasons of TWD. Everything just seems to have dulled down after the governor episodes.

I get that this show isn't about zombies and that its about how humans would react to one another if such a catastrophic event happened but I still think they could do a better job with it.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep, I enjoyed this episode very much. 100 times better than that train wreck of an episode the week before.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This season has been tremendously disappointing . Slow, glacially slow, with nothing going on. And half the shots are so dark you might as well be listening to a radio show.

I am sorry, but I don't see the brilliance that some are claiming to see in these dull, boring episodes. We are smart enough to understand that the show is not about zombies - the fanboys have only mentioned it 3,000,000 times - any time someone critiques the show that is the first response. there was little character development in the episode. Nothing that wasn't expected (until the end). I expect people that have gone through what they have gone through to be defeated, tired, etc. I am smart enough to understand that without being hit over the head with it.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And another thing - the fact that there are zombies still walking around is really scientifically impossible. They would have rotted to bone by now, especially in a humid area like Georgia :)