The Walking Dead (AMC)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After 8 seasons? I hope you're not overestimating things.

I'm not, but it's still a big change at the top and I'm curious if it has an effect. The show was great in season 1, a snoozer at the farm in season 2, but I seem to remember the show rising through seasons 3, 4 and 5 and then just cratering once the Saviors got introduced. Still can't believe they dealt with that group for 2.5 seasons. That's ridiculous.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm interested to see where the show goes next season with a new show-runner though. That can make a massive difference in a show.

from what the guys were saying on talking dead...it almost sounds like a Kumbaya season is coming....new world, we all friends, lets set up trade markets...yada yada bing bang

i really hope not... that would be even worse than the savior arc

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from what the guys were saying on talking dead...it almost sounds like a Kumbaya season is coming....new world, we all friends, lets set up trade markets...yada yada bing bang

i really hope not... that would be even worse than the savior arc

It’s just too much of a cash cow. If not, they should just get to the idea of a cure somewhere and start making their way there.

Unless they’re going to go Wild Wild Country on the show, rebuilding the world is going to take a MUCH MUCH different writing style to make I.T interesting. And in the right hands that COULD be interesting, but not with the brain dead writing they’ve had for the last two years.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Saviors never thought to test fire Eugene's ammunition? Everyone's ammo malfunctioned in synchrony causing mass causalties.
They did test fire it but only the ammo Eugene wanted them to test fire.

I thought for sure Moragn woul bite it
You must not have been paying attention because Morgan's going to segue into Fear. Can't do that if he's dead.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm interested to see where the show goes next season with a new show-runner though. That can make a massive difference in a show.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there rumors of a recast and the show moving on from the original cast? I thought I heard that somewhere.

Are there still Zombies?
The zombies have always been just a secondary part of the environment. But eventually, wouldn't they all just start to fall?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did test fire it but only the ammo Eugene wanted them to test fire.

You must not have been paying attention because Morgan's going to segue into Fear. Can't do that if he's dead.
The assumption was always that him in fear was going to be in the past so he could have been killed. I was very surprised that the transition was after the walking dead. That is a MASSIVE time jump for fear.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there rumors of a recast and the show moving on from the original cast? I thought I heard that somewhere.

The zombies have always been just a secondary part of the environment. But eventually, wouldn't they all just start to fall?

ive heard nothing about a recast and it wouldn't make much sense. would be totally different than the comic and would lose its luster. Might as well have a spin off series instead.

Zombies fall but remembers, there are a LOT of people on this planet and still more dying every day during the apocalypse.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ive heard nothing about a recast and it wouldn't make much sense. would be totally different than the comic and would lose its luster. Might as well have a spin off series instead.

Zombies fall but remembers, there are a LOT of people on this planet and still more dying every day during the apocalypse.
The rumor I had heard is that the recast takes place in the future with society trying to establish some normalcy. Mind you, I don't hold give it any credence but just throwing that out there.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rumor I had heard is that the recast takes place in the future with society trying to establish some normalcy. Mind you, I don't hold give it any credence but just throwing that out there.

yeah....id say that's complete hogwash.

If anything, that would be another spinoff cast in the future.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah... don't buy it at all.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
So, I haven't watched this season yet. I've heard nothing but terrible things. Went from one of my favorite shows and seems to be creeping into Dexter territory, which I forced myself to watch just to see how it all played out. Despite how much they ruined my favorite show.

Is TWD "so bad it's good" this season? Or just bad? Getting ready to start the binge. And I've got a bad feeling about it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I haven't watched this season yet. I've heard nothing but terrible things. Went from one of my favorite shows and seems to be creeping into Dexter territory, which I forced myself to watch just to see how it all played out. Despite how much they ruined my favorite show.

Is TWD "so bad it's good" this season? Or just bad? Getting ready to start the binge. And I've got a bad feeling about it.

trust your instincts...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I enjoyed it. Sure the show has lost something. I mean many shows do by this point but the show is still better than Fear The Walking Dumb Dumbs.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought it was a good season but the internet seems to disagree with me. My daughter and friends enjoyed it too.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I enjoyed the season. but the stupid moments were dumbfounding.

like... lets leave snipers to make sure the saviors do not escape... then said snipers just sit there and watch as the saviors make their escape... four shots from morgan with that deer rifle could have not only ended their escape but also installed walkers within sanctuary

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I enjoyed it but it’s also the rate show I watch “live”, so part of it is enjoying the change in pace from binging.

The problem is that the Negan storyline was overlong and underwhelming, especially since it was supposed to be a kick in the pants for the show after some up-and-down seasons.

But somehow we’ve ended up at an intriguing point: new showrunner, no current (living) enemy, and the promise of an expanded world via the helicopter and Georgie. It’s a zombie soap opera, but I’m still in.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The show is decent. We're not watching zombie shows because we're into super deep artsy film work. It's just like a lot of others have said, it's gone downhill from where it was at the beginning. Some get very upset when that happens and that's fine. For me, it's an hour I definitely don't have to watch any of that Housewives tripe.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
It’s been hard to watch the last couple of years. Character shake up might be a good thing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohan are leaving next season?

http://bit.ly/2soK8vh

thank God! If this show is really going to go on forever and I'm going to keep watching (like the TV zombie they've made me), it needs a MAJOR shakeup.

And from a character standpoint, Rick's arc has been completed. Move on, get into new stuff.