OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This movie looks like next year's Jack & Jill. Horrible.

Also, I went to a Catholic school from 2nd-8th grade and never saw a nun like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
This movie looks like next year's Jack & Jill. Horrible.

Also, I went to a Catholic school from 2nd-8th grade and never saw a nun like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

I don't have anything to say...I just thought I'd quote you to get that photo up on another post...

Yeowzer!

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
Looks as dumb as most old Stooges episodes which I loved. I'll see it. If nuns dressed/looked like that they maybe would be able to convert me to a believer.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never found the Stooges funny. I guess I'm in the minority there especially amongst my age group. Give me the Marx Brothers any day of the week. I don't find the Farrelly Brothers funny either so if I watch this, it will definitely be for the Nun.

Steve

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
I never found the Stooges funny. I guess I'm in the minority there especially amongst my age group. Give me the Marx Brothers any day of the week. I don't find the Farrelly Brothers funny either so if I watch this, it will definitely be for the Nun.

Steve

Marx Brothers are way better and it isn't even close.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Marx Brothers are way better and it isn't even close.
Can't compare. Different types of comedy. Stooges made shorts so their stuff had to be in your face. Marx Brothers made feature films so their comedy had to be stretched out. Both are funny in their own way. That said, I thought I'd hate this but I just might have to see it if for nothing else to see Snookie get poked in the eyes.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate the casting of Larry. Will watch as a rental. Preview was better than I expected.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

How people like you guys compare the 2 is incredible. I take it you completely blew off my entire post above how you can't compare them? Stooges were a live action cartoon while the Marx Bros. were film makers. Different kinds of comedy. This would be like comparing Caddyshack, or better yet, Bugs Bunny to The Royal Tenenbaums.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
How people like you guys compare the 2 is incredible. I take it you completely blew off my entire post above how you can't compare them? Stooges were a live action cartoon while the Marx Bros. were film makers. Different kinds of comedy. This would be like comparing Caddyshack, or better yet, Bugs Bunny to The Royal Tenenbaums.

So you're saying you can't compare a period drama to a regular drama? I get that they are two different styles of comedy but you can compare them. In the end it comes down to personal tastes and I always found myself laughing louder and longer at Marx Brothers movies (and shows, the clips I've seen of You Bet Your Life were great) than I did at the Three Stoogies.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For myself, I passed on your comment because I had no desire to enter an argument in addition to knowing for a FACT that you are wrong. You certainly can compare them and I know this because I have heard them compared many times throughout my life.

They were both comedy troupes that got their start in Vaudeville and then took their routines to the big (and little) screen. One was mostly physical comedy and the other was mostly innuendo driven. But no matter how you slice it, they had much in common in addition to their differences. Despite my somewhat snarky earlier comment, I do understand your point about not being able to compare them. Perhaps if it were a case of all people liking just one of the acts while disliking the other your position would carry a little more weight with me but I know a lot of people that like both. I haven't met anyone that disliked both but I'm sure there are plenty of those also.

Steve

Last edited:

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
I would much rather save my $7 for this soon to be flop, no offense. This might offend the die hards of the Stooges!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

You are correct. Completely blew it off.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Umm...I got nothing. :D
That nun can get sum....

Best I can do. Which isn't great...

I like the stooges
I like the Marx Bros.
I like Abbott and Costello
I like the Bowery Boys
I like the Farrely Bros.

Hell, I liked 'jack and jill'!!!

I'll like the new stooges movie!

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That nun can get sum....

Best I can do. Which isn't great...

I like the stooges
I like the Marx Bros.
I like Abbott and Costello
I like the Bowery Boys
I like the Farrely Bros.
Hell, I liked 'jack and jill'!!!

I'll like the new stooges movie!

I loved the Bowery Boys when I was a kid.

Slip Mahoney: Sach, take those kids back and rock them to sleep.
Sach: I ain't gotta rock.
Slip Mahoney:Well then, hammer them to sleep!!!

LOL... well, I guess you had to be there.:)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved the Bowery Boys when I was a kid.

Slip Mahoney: Sach, take those kids back and rock them to sleep.
Sach: I ain't gotta rock.
Slip Mahoney:Well then, hammer them to sleep!!!

LOL... well, I guess you had to be there.:)

I'm younger than you so I only got to see them on Saturday morning TV. Were they a lot better at the theater?;)

Steve

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm younger than you so I only got to see them on Saturday morning TV. Were they a lot better at the theater?;)

Steve

My grandma owned a movie theater in the middle of nowhere in western Kansas. I would go to visit her in the summers and watch movies every night. I can't remember any specific films (I use that term loosely)but I would watch them until my eyes would bleed. Yes, I saw them on Saturday morning also... I will ignore your not so subtle jab ... well, maybe I didn't after all...:)

btw, even if I didn't see the original runs of The Little Rascals it didn't keep me from loving Spanky, Alfalfa, Buckwheat and Stymie.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My grandma owned a movie theater in the middle of nowhere in western Kansas. I would go to visit her in the summers and watch movies every night. I can't remember any specific films (I use that term loosely)but I would watch them until my eyes would bleed. Yes, I saw them on Saturday morning also... I will ignore your not so subtle jab ... well, maybe I didn't after all...:)

btw, even if I didn't see the original runs of The Little Rascals it didn't keep me from loving Spanky, Alfalfa, Buckwheat and Stymie.

Yeah, well, subtle's not exactly my strong suit.

I enjoyed the Bowery Boys when I was a kid too although The Little Rascals never worked for me. My favorite Saturdays as a youth (or a yewt) involved Bugs Bunny, Quick Draw McGraw, The Bowery Boys, Tarzan, Abbott and Costello plus just about any of the old westerns. I've never cared for the Stooges and as a child, I didn't like the Marx Brothers either. I guess I was a late bloomer because I didn't understand the Marx appeal until I was in my 20's, at which time they joined Monty Python as my favorite comedy groups.

Steve

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, well, subtle's not exactly my strong suit.

I enjoyed the Bowery Boys when I was a kid too although The Little Rascals never worked for me. My favorite Saturdays as a youth (or a yewt) involved Bugs Bunny, Quick Draw McGraw, The Bowery Boys, Tarzan, Abbott and Costello plus just about any of the old westerns. I've never cared for the Stooges and as a child, I didn't like the Marx Brothers either. I guess I was a late bloomer because I didn't understand the Marx appeal until I was in my 20's, at which time they joined Monty Python as my favorite comedy groups.

Steve

As far as westerns go... Zorro, Lone Ranger, Rawhide, Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel... watched them all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison