The theme of this draft is: It’s on you now Vance!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No more excuses.VJ got several additions across the front seven. It’s on him now to show if he really is the right DC for the Cards.
+1

Time to show us you can put these guys in the right position to succeed.

If not I can see another DC next year.

Is Wade still available as a consultant? He would be able to scheme with the talent we have.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think its also...

Kliff you're still going to have to coach around the OLine and develop the young Wrs. Hopkins will help a lot, but yea..

Thought we'd draft 2 possible starters on Oline. Jones needs time and we didnt draft a center.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think its also...

Kliff you're still going to have to coach around the OLine and develop the young Wrs. Hopkins will help a lot, but yea..

Thought we'd draft 2 possible starters on Oline. Jones needs time and we didnt draft a center.

I think that Shipley not being re-signed tells us that they Like Cole as the starter and have faith that Garcia and Gaillard as back ups. Can't fix it all in an offseason.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think its also...

Cause Cole have the reigns & we just drafted 1 last season lol

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cards can’t cover a tight end next year it will be on Vance Joseph

They just drafted Isaiah Simmons if they’re still having issues then he’s not the player everybody in the world thought he was the coach can’t change that

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Our problems with the TE were closely correlated with our inability to generate QB pressure.

TE routes take longer to develop. Teams that can’t apply early pressure get torched by them.

I think Simmons helps in both ways: very good at applying pressure and should be able to run with all the TEs (will give up some catches but limit RAC).

ETA: teams that suck at stopping the run also get torched by TE (leaking out on play action). Our front 7 is just better now. We won’t get killed on the run this year. That will help us against TE as well.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought after we signed Campbell, Kennard and Phillips that we would split our picks this year offense and defense.

obviously Kiem is out to make sure this defense is stacked with depth.

Not saying we won’t sign another free agent but it certainly appears we won’t be hitting the waiver wire for a starter.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just like Kingsbury reached out to Riley in the offseason last year, VJ should absolutely do the same with Brent Venables and Dabo to help with getting Simmons up to speed ASAP and put him in the right spots to succeed. The question is if he’ll be too inflexible and stubborn to adjust his schemes properly. I think he’ll make the most of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose