Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Terminal List

Release Date: July 1, 2022
Studio: Amazon Prime
Directors: Antoine Fuqua, Ellen Kuras
Screenwriter: David DiGilio
Genre: Action | Drama | Thriller

Starring: Chris Pratt, Taylor Kitsch, Constance Wu, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Riley Keough, Patrick Schwarzenegger

Plot Summary: A former Navy SEAL officer investigates why his entire platoon was ambushed during a high-stakes covert mission.

Based on the book series written by former Navy SEAL Jack Carr. The series consists of five books so far: The Terminal List, True Believer, Savage Son, The Devil's Hand, and In The Blood.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't sure what to think when it started, but once it got going, I got hooked. Just started episode 8 and still loving it.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Wasn't sure what to think when it started, but once it got going, I got hooked. Just started episode 8 and still loving it.
Same. It wasn't necessarily good early, or necessarily not good. Once it got going, it was definitely good.

The fridging of the family and team wasn't good, though. I mean, his wife was basically lap bait for most of the present and flashback scenes, for crying out loud. I did like the Sec Def's twists, though.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I binged it over a few days after the fam went to bed. I enjoyed it. I have not read the books so I am wondering where they go for Season 2.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I enjoyed it until . . .
. . . he started killing the secretary’s security. Those guys were innocents. They wouldn’t have known about her involvement. They were hired to do a job. So his actions changed from a quest for revenge to a quest for revenge and just flat out murder of innocent people. In the end he was a ********.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed it until . . .
. . . he started killing the secretary’s security. Those guys were innocents. They wouldn’t have known about her involvement. They were hired to do a job. So his actions changed from a quest for revenge to a quest for revenge and just flat out murder of innocent people. In the end he was a ********.

I was under the impression that was private security (likely from Capstone). Not government security. Not sure how innocent they would have been in that case. They would have been the same people doing dirty deeds. I could be wrong but that was the impression I got.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Covert Rain is correct. Sec Def said it to the reporter lady.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was under the impression that was private security (likely from Capstone). Not government security. Not sure how innocent they would have been in that case. They would have been the same people doing dirty deeds. I could be wrong but that was the impression I got.
even if they were private what are the chances they knew the dirty deeds? Cmon, the conspirators would have to be the dumbest people on earth to let that many people know what the plan was. Those were private security guarding a high ranking government official. Though it’s a movie so anyone can say they knew and were bad guys, it’s just not very likely.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
even if they were private what are the chances they knew the dirty deeds? Cmon, the conspirators would have to be the dumbest people on earth to let that many people know what the plan was. Those were private security guarding a high ranking government official. Though it’s a movie so anyone can say they knew and were bad guys, it’s just not very likely.
Well if they were from Capstone those guys knew exactly what they were into.

Stout

Reaction score
It was the same private security firm that was riddled with murderous corruption that was in the businessman's pocket. If you didn't get that they were all dirty, I think they could have done a better job outlining that. I think they just assumed everyone was going with it.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
It was the same private security firm that was riddled with murderous corruption that was in the businessman's pocket. If you didn't get that they were all dirty, I think they could have done a better job outlining that. I think they just assumed everyone was going with it.

Exactly. That was Talos, Steve Horn's PMCs who carried out hits he ordered without question.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Exactly. That was Talos, Steve Horn's PMCs who carried out hits he ordered without question.
how many hits were involved here? The guy who was set up to look like suicide, the mother and daughter, and the attempts on Reece. That’s essentially three. The rest of the unit was wiped out in the sabotaged mission. So three hits. And we know they used a sicario for at least one, which means it’s likely for all the hits. But even assuming it was just one, that means there’s only two hits. Again, due to the volatile and sensitive nature of all of this you would presume they would keep all the information the drug and coverup and murders on a need to know basis among a very small select group of people. So to me it seems far fetched that the security detail would’ve been in on the plan and thus legitimate targets of Reece. Were they likely bad dudes anyway? Perhaps that’s likely. But they weren’t necessarily perpetrators of what happened to Reece’s unit and family, and certainly Reece had no concrete evidence pointing definitively to that fact like he did the others on the list. They were all just acceptable collateral damage in his seeking retribution. He didn’t care if one of the guys he killed had no idea who he was or what happened and had a wife and daughter sitting at home waiting for daddy.

Generally I’ve always had a tough time when the hero has a justified score to settle but indiscriminately kills a lot of innocent men just because they’re written as “henchmen.” They’re hired security. Doesn’t usually mean they’re automatically criminals (even though that’s the presumption we are apparently supposed to make in movies).

Stout

Reaction score
how many hits were involved here? The guy who was set up to look like suicide, the mother and daughter, and the attempts on Reece. That’s essentially three. The rest of the unit was wiped out in the sabotaged mission. So three hits. And we know they used a sicario for at least one, which means it’s likely for all the hits. But even assuming it was just one, that means there’s only two hits. Again, due to the volatile and sensitive nature of all of this you would presume they would keep all the information the drug and coverup and murders on a need to know basis among a very small select group of people. So to me it seems far fetched that the security detail would’ve been in on the plan and thus legitimate targets of Reece. Were they likely bad dudes anyway? Perhaps that’s likely. But they weren’t necessarily perpetrators of what happened to Reece’s unit and family, and certainly Reece had no concrete evidence pointing definitively to that fact like he did the others on the list. They were all just acceptable collateral damage in his seeking retribution. He didn’t care if one of the guys he killed had no idea who he was or what happened and had a wife and daughter sitting at home waiting for daddy.

Generally I’ve always had a tough time when the hero has a justified score to settle but indiscriminately kills a lot of innocent men just because they’re written as “henchmen.” They’re hired security. Doesn’t usually mean they’re automatically criminals (even though that’s the presumption we are apparently supposed to make in movies).
You're vastly overthinking this. The writers insinuated the merc company was dirty through and through. Classic telling without showing, which isn't always the best approach, but still.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You're vastly overthinking this. The writers insinuated the merc company was dirty through and through. Classic telling without showing, which isn't always the best approach, but still.
. But that’s what I am getting at with my latter comments. All merc outfits are dirty in movies. But that doesn’t make them dirty of all deeds. Reece made it pretty clear that he was really only after vengeance. Exposing the dirt wasn’t something that interested him. So he wasn’t just some vigilante, he was singular of purpose. The security detail didn’t fall in the scope of that singularity and he killed them all anyways. Obviously y’all are fine with it. That’s okay. It’s just the type of detail that always bothers me in flicks.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
. But that’s what I am getting at with my latter comments. All merc outfits are dirty in movies. But that doesn’t make them dirty of all deeds. Reece made it pretty clear that he was really only after vengeance. Exposing the dirt wasn’t something that interested him. So he wasn’t just some vigilante, he was singular of purpose. The security detail didn’t fall in the scope of that singularity and he killed them all anyways. Obviously y’all are fine with it. That’s okay. It’s just the type of detail that always bothers me in flicks.

There's a reason why merc outfits are almost always villains in most movies and even in real life.

These are guys that are human guns. They are paid to take out what's in front of them as ordered, regardless of who or what is in front of either their target or the asset they're protecting. Also regardless of who/what the person who ordered them to kill/they're being paid to protect is. And they're doing this usually for lots of money.

These same people can take these skills back to the military that trained them in the first place if they were good guys, but sometimes they can't, because they were discharged in disgrace. So not good guys.

Lastly, these guys aren't under some military code. They can walk away prior to any mission. They just don't because usually the money is too good.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are paid mercenaries who do any job for money. I think it's pretty clear but I guess they could have made it more clear. I guess in the book it's more spelled out that those were bad guys at the end per a friend who read the books. I have not read them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA