The Shaquille O'Neal vs Dwight Howard Beef Thread

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

O'Neal has dared to tug on the cape of Superman, the nickname current Magic star center Dwight Howard embraced. Howard is upset at the "shots" that O'Neal has repeatedly taken at him through the years, questioning Howard's legitimacy as a great center.O'Neal, who played in Orlando from 1992 to 1996 before bolting for the Los Angeles Lakers, recently told The Sporting News, "I can't be impressed by something I invented in '92. I mean, you look at what (Howard) is doing; I've been there and done that. Every street he is driving down in Orlando, I have been on that street. Every night club, every restaurant, But right now, I have been there and done that. Until he wins three, four championships, then we can talk about him.he is just like every other big guy. You can run and jump, but you haven't won yet."

As for the biting comments through the years, Howard is clearly bothered by them. He grew up watching O'Neal and idolizing him to a certain degree and is confused as to why O'Neal questions his skills. And Howard thinks O'Neal's antics are calculated rather than just a part of his joking manner."Any time you hear something or see something from a dominant player, you take it serious. I joke a lot, but I would never say anything about somebody," Howard said. "That's just how I feel. I don't know if he was taking shots or what he was doing, but that's fine with me. He's Shaq and there's nothing I can do about it."

Link

Last edited:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaq is really having it out with everyone. Gotta love it.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is great. Back in the day, the great centers did the same to shaqfu.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaq is really having it out with everyone. Gotta love it.

Reminds me of old school boxing, or Ocho Cinco when we could actually deliver on what he talked.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It doesnt change the fact that Shaq pwnt Hakeem though. He didnt have Clyde the Glyde, Sam I am, or Big Shot Bobby!

Dwight =
You must be registered for see images

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the western conference centers made shaqfu look bad on purpose in at least one allstar game.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hakeem got a few more points, everything else was pretty close, with Shaq outrebounding, outblocking, out-passing Hakeem.

Maybe i just remember Shaq dominating because of his monstrous dunks.

After looking at the stats, they really just pwnt each other a lot

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hakeem got a few more points, everything else was pretty close, with Shaq outrebounding, outblocking, out-passing Hakeem.

Maybe i just remember Shaq dominating because of his monstrous dunks.

After looking at the stats, they really just pwnt each other a lot

maybe because you were 10

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Couple years less, actually, but even back then, my basketball analysis was superior to the one that you noobz have today ;)

PetryJr

Registered
Reaction score
Wikipedia said:
Although both centers played well, Olajuwon is generally considered to have outplayed O'Neal. Olajuwon outscored O'Neal in every game of the series and became one of the few players in NBA history to score at least 30 points in every game of an NBA Finals series

Game 1
Hakeem 31 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 blocks
Shaq 26, 16, 9, 3

Game 2
Hakeem 34, 11, 2, 4
Shaq 33, 12, 7, 0

Game 3
Hakeem 31, 14, 7, 0
Shaq 28, 10, 6, 3

Game 4
Hakeem 35, 15, 6, 4
Shaq 25, 12, 3, 4

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Of course Shaq isnt going to put Howard up on a pedestal. He doesnt need it, being as young as he is and the popularity he has. Plus there is very little incentive for the guy who used to be called Superman to start complementing the guy who stole his nickname.

Hell, Shaq has given Amare like 5 compliments since he joined the team, and Amare also says he grew up with Shaq posters and idolized him. Shaq even said he had been following Amare's high school career in Florida.

shaq just doesnt compliment people publicly, and the media enjoys his smack more than his brownosing anyway.

nowagimp

Reaction score
How exactly did Shaq own Hakeem in the finals? Most people will say the exact opposite while I would just say he outplayed him. I think your memory is cloudy.

I remember hakeem taking shaq to school. Shaq couldnt defend the dream and was in foul trouble the whole series. Hakeem scored 32.8ppg and grabbed 11.5 rebs a game. Shaq was 28/12.5, very good for a youngster against the best center in the NBA. Shaq had 21TO's to 11 for hakeem in the series sweep by the rockets. Hardaway scored 25.5ppg on 50% fgs and had 8asst/game, while drexler scored 21.5 on 45% FG's. Shaqs supporting cast was pretty good(horace grant(12 boards a game), penny(before injuries was dynamite), dennis scott and nick anderson). That was a young shaq and an experienced hakeem. Frankly shaq did very well for a young guy, but hakeem outplayed him.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1995_finals.html

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Shaq was terrible vs. the Dream in the finals. He scored on Robert Horry a lot, that's for sure. Shaq and Ho Grant double teamed the Dream constantly, but the Dream STILL scored 33 a game.

Last edited:

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
Of course Shaq isnt going to put Howard up on a pedestal. He doesnt need it, being as young as he is and the popularity he has. Plus there is very little incentive for the guy who used to be called Superman to start complementing the guy who stole his nickname.

Hell, Shaq has given Amare like 5 compliments since he joined the team, and Amare also says he grew up with Shaq posters and idolized him. Shaq even said he had been following Amare's high school career in Florida.

Shaq just doesnt compliment people publicly, and the media enjoys his smack more than his brownosing anyway.
I think that is Shaq's point.. Amar'e grew up idolizing shaq but he doesn't use that to his advantage or to get publicity off of it. Even when Shaq gave Amar'e a nickname amar'e said nah i'll stick with the one I have or make my own. Yes Amare has an ego but so does Shaq and shaq has to respect the fact that he is doing things his own way. He doesn't see that from Dwight it seems like instead of Dwight wanting to be Dwight he wants to be Shaq and shaq doesn't want/like that, but who would? Its like Jordan giving Kobe tips to be better than him.. not going to happen.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The well-rested Shaq will get 26 & 10, Dwight will get one of the other, but not 20&10.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Shaq 19 points (9-13), 11 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 blocks, 4 turnovers.

Howard 21 points (7-14), 9 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block, 5 turnovers.

Looks like Shaq is the winner of the game.