The Richard Sherman thread

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I know I am in the minority here, but this is football and I like it. I had zero respect for the guy prior because of how he cheated the system with his failed drug tests, but I actually thought the rant was funny and would love to see more of this.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Sorry, I know I am in the minority here, but this is football and I like it. I had zero respect for the guy prior because of how he cheated the system with his failed drug tests, but I actually thought the rant was funny and would love to see more of this.

Do you see football more as an individual sport, or a team sport?? Are wins and losses the result of a person? Or the collective unit? :shrug:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you see football more as an individual sport, or a team sport?? Are wins and losses the result of a person? Or the collective unit? :shrug:

Based on that question I assume every player should be paid the same and they shoudl stop giving out individual awards. Heck, no more "I'm going to Disneyland" commercials then. Football is a team sport lead by great players. The Bronco's don't win without Manning and if Sherman does not deflect that ball, it is either a TD or incomplete instead of an INT and SF has another shot. That game came down to two palyers, Crabtree and Sherman.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Based on that question I assume every player should be paid the same and they shoudl stop giving out individual awards. Heck, no more "I'm going to Disneyland" commercials then. Football is a team sport lead by great players. The Bronco's don't win without Manning and if Sherman does not deflect that ball, it is either a TD or incomplete instead of an INT and SF has another shot. That game came down to two palyers, Crabtree and Sherman.

So Lynch's incredible TD didn't matter? Kap's turnovers in the 4th quarter were inconsequential??

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Lynch's incredible TD didn't matter? Kap's turnovers in the 4th quarter were inconsequential??

Funny that you bring up just two players names, I thought is was a team sport. ;)

I know there were several amzaing blocks on the Luych run, but you only bring up Lynch. Interesting. :p

I think I will agree to disagree

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Funny that you bring up just two players names, I thought is was a team sport. ;)

I know there were several amzaing blocks on the Luych run, but you only bring up Lynch. Interesting. :p

I think I will agree to disagree

Lame...

The point is crystal clear - for most. FWIW, I think Sherman is an incredible talent. I think his personal journey is story-book material.
But I have no use for anyone who props himself up by tearing others down. And that feeling is amplified in a sport situation, particularly one that is arguably the most TEAM-centric sport of them all.
Narcissim... Arrogance... yea, count me in as NOT a fan. ;)