The Rest Of The Off-season…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, here’s my question… are the Suns going to hold themselves hostage from improving the team hoping a Durant deal some day happens?

We still have major holes at PF and legit back up G who can create for himself and others… but are we going to hoard whatever assets we have until there’s a final answer to the KD question?

We have the MLE… does that get used at all? Last year we only used half of it for McGee and sat on the rest. Do we sit on the entire thing this year because we’re already so far in the tax? Do we not know who would fit there best… if still holding out KD hope and not knowing what the roster would look like after that kind of trade? Posters have brought up Eric Gordon and Kyle Kuzma as guys we might be able to deal for, both of which would really help our depth/shore up those positions of need. And there’s prob other trades out there we don’t even know about.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns appear to be putting all their eggs in the KD basket. We have no shot of getting back to the finals as is IMO and they have made no moves that improves the team from last year.

If the Suns don’t pull off the KD trade the Suns are in a bind. We are going to need JJ to pull off some genius trade and that also means moving on from KD to get better. The West is improving around us.

The Suns have to draw that line soon IMO or we are going to pay for it the entire next season. Our window with CP3 is closing fast.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, here’s my question… are the Suns going to hold themselves hostage from improving the team hoping a Durant deal some day happens?

We still have major holes at PF and legit back up G who can create for himself and others… but are we going to hoard whatever assets we have until there’s a final answer to the KD question?

We have the MLE… does that get used at all? Last year we only used half of it for McGee and sat on the rest. Do we sit on the entire thing this year because we’re already so far in the tax? Do we not know who would fit there best… if still holding out KD hope and not knowing what the roster would look like after that kind of trade? Posters have brought up Eric Gordon and Kyle Kuzma as guys we might be able to deal for, both of which would really help our depth/shore up those positions of need. And there’s prob other trades out there we don’t even know about.

Yup it’s KD or bust

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I would try to move crowder, shamet and Payne. I think we need something different as a backup across the board. I’m up for trying again, just not super excited about any of those guys being in the rotation. I like crowders toughness and when it’s on fire, but otherwise he seems like a net negative and I don’t see him improving.

id trade any of those or all three to get a quality backup guard or PF.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would try to move crowder, shamet and Payne. I think we need something different as a backup across the board. I’m up for trying again, just not super excited about any of those guys being in the rotation. I like crowders toughness and when it’s on fire, but otherwise he seems like a net negative and I don’t see him improving.

It would likely take all 3 of those guys to shore up the PF position and you would lose our backup PG. You likely can't upgrade both. Both of those positions IMO are in desperate needs of an upgrade.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Crowder and Shamet are a tuff trade who wants them? Payne is on a good contract. If a upgrade is going to happen it will cost the Suns Bridges and Johnson. I would just run with this unit until trade deadline.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
It would likely take all 3 of those guys to shore up the PF position and you would lose our backup PG. You likely can't upgrade both. Both of those positions IMO are in desperate needs of an upgrade.
I’d lean towards guard then knowing cp3 will need help. Rely on mikal and Dario. Mike Conley would be great, he makes $$ though

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Of course I want KD but if you gonna run it back I'd grab Gordon quick . He coulda got us past the Mavs when everyone and their mother went cold

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sooner or later you call the bluff. Brown is the only player better than Bridges that the Nets can land and that's a matter of opinion.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we don’t get KD. I mean we’re getting KD but on the slim very slim chance we don’t

The best move I can think of is trying to pry Collins away from ATL. His name has been in trade rumors for 2 years now

Suns get: Collins
Hawks get: Crowder, Saric, 2 1st
Crowder and Saric both expiring and they get picks to replace what they just gave up for Murray.

Paul
Booker
Bridges
Collins
Ayton

That’s probably the best starting 5 in basketball

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

None of them have much of any value, and their is no cap room available.

If we don't make the KD deal, I am pretty sure the roster we have is going to be it. But I for one am still confident we will make the KD deal.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not in favor of getting rid of Payne. We at least have seen he does have the capability to be a decent backup, which is more than you can say about what is available in FA for the most part.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think we have a good roster now. It's always come down to Ayton, Bridges, and Cam Johnson improving their games for the Suns to win a Championship. KD is one of those once in a lifetime acquisitions. If we don't get him, we are hardly screwed.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If we don't make the KD deal, I am pretty sure the roster we have is going to be it. But I for one am still confident we will make the KD deal.

Crowder is expiring and Shamet’s isn’t guaranteed after this year?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If we don't make the KD deal, I am pretty sure the roster we have is going to be it.
But I for one am still confident we will make the KD deal.

The Suns do have one roster spot available plus the MLE.

If the Suns don't land Durant they could attach a pick to an expiring contract and acquire a player at the trade deadline when teams fall out of the playoff race.

Also the Suns could be attractive in the buyout market.

I believe the Suns should be active in finding two-way players that can play some as well.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
If we don’t get KD. I mean we’re getting KD but on the slim very slim chance we don’t

The best move I can think of is trying to pry Collins away from ATL. His name has been in trade rumors for 2 years now

Suns get: Collins
Hawks get: Crowder, Saric, 2 1st
Crowder and Saric both expiring and they get picks to replace what they just gave up for Murray.

Paul
Booker
Bridges
Collins
Ayton

That’s probably the best starting 5 in basketball

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Crowder, Saric and one 1st maybe because Atlanta has been trying to rid themselves of Collins for a while. Some think the Suns don't like Collins though.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think the Suns will have any interest in Collins on that contract.