The Rest of the NFC

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
While we haven't played great so far this year, it doesn't seem like anyone is really jumping out ahead of the pack either. Seattle and Green Bay are both fortunate to have a win. The only two win teams are the Vikings and the Giants and I don't really see either of them competing for home field throughout the playoffs. Carolina is going to be tough I'm sure but they couldn't beat a team led by Trevor Siemien.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iggles could be 2-0 after tonight as well. But I don't see them running the table either.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I totally agree.

Seattle looks horrific. Green Bay looks about the same as last year to me, I don't think Jordy Nelson has magically made them a good offense again like all the pundits have claimed he would. The Giants are not good, Minnesota is good but not great.

I don't think Carolina looks real impressive either, but I would rank them #1 right now in the NFC, but they seem to be playing at about 70% of last year right now.

If the cards can get their act together I definitely think #1 seed is very doable.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Agree... however, I can see the Vikes defense being good enough to make Bradford good enough and together, that team could be for real...

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
what I have noticed in the nfc is a surprising boost in the quality of defenses...even the saints defense looks pretty good early on.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vikes lost Peterson to a torn meniscus although I'm a big Asiata fan.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree... however, I can see the Vikes defense being good enough to make Bradford good enough and together, that team could be for real...

AP has a torn meniscus - how long he will be out is unknown. He can play on that if not too badly torn.

AP not being able to play will definitely impact the Vikings.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
AP has a torn meniscus - how long he will be out is unknown. He can play on that if not too badly torn.

AP not being able to play will definitely impact the Vikings.

Perhaps... but he's been terrible this year thus far. Doesn't hurt having him healthy of course, but I wonder how much the Vikes really need him in order to reach the post season...

OP
OP
A

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Perhaps... but he's been terrible this year thus far. Doesn't hurt having him healthy of course, but I wonder how much the Vikes really need him in order to reach the post season...

They definitely look like a playoff contender, it's hard to believe right now that they can compete for the number 1 seed with Bradford behind center though.

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Vikes lost Peterson to a torn meniscus although I'm a big Asiata fan.
I'm a fan too, but I think the loss of Peterson makes them pretty one-dimensional.

The Vikes have a pretty good defense but I don't think they're good enough to overcome - what I think - will be a fairly pedestrian offense from here on out. Bradford isn't good enough, IMO, to take over games.

EDIT: many games...

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TN made stopping AP the focus of their game - it worked. MN needed to TO's to win the game. Of course, that was with Hill at QB.

Just noted they only had 30 yards rushing last night...and won!

MN has games coming up @Car, NYG, Houston and @Phil. That will give us a good measure of the team.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
They definitely look like a playoff contender, it's hard to believe right now that they can compete for the number 1 seed with Bradford behind center though.

It's still early and just one start but Bradford looked really solid yesterday. No running game threat whatsoever and he was dropping some dimes out there. They will be an interesting team to watch, that defense is going to keep them in games and sammy can play above average they could make things interesting. Losing AD hurts, we will see how long purple jesus is sidelined with the meniscus though.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yeah, I totally agree.

Seattle looks horrific. Green Bay looks about the same as last year to me, I don't think Jordy Nelson has magically made them a good offense again like all the pundits have claimed he would. The Giants are not good, Minnesota is good but not great.

I don't think Carolina looks real impressive either, but I would rank them #1 right now in the NFC, but they seem to be playing at about 70% of last year right now.

If the cards can get their act together I definitely think #1 seed is very doable.

The Giants defense is much improved and Eli has time to throw. They're a dangerous team IMO.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Giants defense is much improved and Eli has time to throw. They're a dangerous team IMO.

I agree. They spent a ton of money and wanted to go a different direction with a new coach. They could be the sleeper in the NFC. I see them winning their division (East) by a lot!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what I have noticed in the nfc is a surprising boost in the quality of defenses...even the saints defense looks pretty good early on.

they gave up 35 points to the Raiders in Week 1. Not sure that qualifies them to look pretty good after 2 games.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
they gave up 35 points to the Raiders in Week 1. Not sure that qualifies them to look pretty good after 2 games.
it is better than they looked last season and much of their talent is young and/or new to the system,..an improvement..
and you watch,...the Raiders will drop 35 on a couple more teams this season too,...they are coming along nicely as a team.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The teams you see thus far are not the finished product they will be 4,6 and 10 weeks from now. Todays product is a direct result of turnover on every roster every year.

We will be a better team down the road as will a few of the teams that we consider "quality teams.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Top 5 teams in the NFC (in no order): AZ, SEA, GB, MIN, CAR. Other than ourselves, CAR/MIN have the most balanced attacks and the best chance at a #1. Min a big IF, assuming that Bradford stays consistent and healthy the rest of the season. I can see the NFC East up for grabs between NY/PHI (Wentz being a big surprise so far)

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Watching MNF and Chicago has to be the worst team in the NFL. Certainly the worst offense.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bears are a bad football team

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave