The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way.

The #s dont do justice to how well Lamar's been playing. Gus Edwards has just cleaned up on the goalline situations.

Nor do the #s do justice to the fact that defenses have to gameplan so heavily for Lamar that the attention paid to him opens up the field for everyone else.

Do people think it’s just… coincidence that with Lamar last year, the offense rang up 25.5 ppg and then bottomed out to 13 ppg when all of a sudden their vaunted running game tanked?

People used to make the same argument based on his numbers his rookie year… when the previously AWFUL Ravens that season suddenly won something like their last 7 games and their running game, which was mediocre the year before, suddenly became unstoppable.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Nor do the #s do justice to the fact that defenses have to gameplan so heavily for Lamar that the attention paid to him opens up the field for everyone else.

Do people think it’s just… coincidence that with Lamar last year, the offense rang up 25.5 ppg and then bottomed out to 13 ppg when all of a sudden their vaunted running game tanked?
I'd argue it was offensive line injuries. The Ravens continue to have a beastly offensive line.

How is it that they can be so unstoppable running the ball when Lamar is an average passer?
People used to make the same argument based on his numbers his rookie year… when the previously AWFUL Ravens that season suddenly won something like their last 7 games and their running game, which was mediocre the year before, suddenly became unstoppable.
Before Lamar it was extreme incompetence at QB. Lamar was an awful passer his rookie year, but he gave enough of a running threat that people had to account for him.

I think Lamar is backend of the top ten. I just benched him in fantasy because I picked up Murray.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The funny thing about the missed Hollywood TD is it's the same play as the great McBride cat h and McBride is even more open than before.

In fact you could say its the better option. It's an easier pass and a huge gain or TD.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kyler Murray is a good NFL QB and way better than average with the wild card effect. The Cardinals would be morons to move him, when their attention should be setting up the pieces around him to succeed. This is freaking football and not rocket science (Joshua Dobbs can tell you that and he is not a better option than K1, though Dobbs could be a game managing QB with an X factor too to help the Vikes out probably more than a stat boy like Cousins could). The Cards need Harrison Jr in the draft and then go full trench warfare with all their remaining picks in my opinion. Baffles me how people get so caught in analytics when if it was that so constructive, then all 32 teams would be in the mix with this self-serving elixir lol. Ok, I am out and the Dark Siders and the Kool Aiders can make it about them and not the guys collecting the paycheck... trenches boys, football is simple now for the Cards

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The funny thing about the missed Hollywood TD is it's the same play as the great McBride cat h and McBride is even more open than before.

In fact you could say its the better option. It's an easier pass and a huge gain or TD.

Certainly would have been a first down. Dont know about a TD because both defenders stop their feet and would have been there to make a tackle.

I think the thing is Kyler needs 2021 deep ball accuracy if he's going to continue choose that option over the open man underneath.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
HUGE growth from Kyler in opening statement.

Your opinion of Kyler must’ve been extremely low the past four seasons to see growth here. This seems like the same ol, same ol.

Nothing bad, but definitely spreading the blame for the pre-snap misfires .

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your opinion of Kyler must’ve been extremely low the past four seasons to see growth here. This seems like the same ol, same ol.

Nothing bad, but definitely spreading the blame for the pre-snap misfires .
He pointed directly to the opening statement Kyler made where he said “offensively, myself, I let the team down”. That was different and accountability overall for the loss that was rare in the past.

After that he used a little more “we” but upfront he had the wherewithal to signal out himself first. That’s growth to me, even if just a small step.

That said, we never had any pre-snap issues with Dobbs in there. That’s a disturbing carryover, and one we saw a little of last week, from Kliff-Kyler.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He pointed directly to the opening statement Kyler made where he said “offensively, myself, I let the team down”. That was different and accountability overall for the loss that was rare in the past.

After that he used a little more “we” but upfront he had the wherewithal to signal out himself first. That’s growth to me, even if just a small step.

That said, we never had any pre-snap issues with Dobbs in there. That’s a disturbing carryover, and one we saw a little of last week, from Kliff-Kyler.
Dobbs rarely changed the play. Kyler does a lot. Always has. So, that is apple and oranges.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dobbs rarely changed the play. Kyler does a lot. Always has. So, that is apple and oranges.
Well, that can also be a problem. He repeatedly changed the play today and it resulted in losses. And plenty of QBs change the play at the line and don’t repeatedly have issues even getting a play off.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that can also be a problem. He repeatedly changed the play today and it resulted in losses. And plenty of QBs change the play at the line and don’t repeatedly have issues even getting a play off.
Yes, he got a delay and had two use two timeouts. Although, the last one, he should have called a timeout at the end of the previous play anyhow. IMO.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Ahem...positive posts.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
FWIW,

John Middlekauff said even after the Texans game that NFL personnel around the league are monitoring and liking what they see from Kyler 2 games after the ACL.

If he keeps improving there are teams who might offer a 1st round pick for him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison