The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The way the board consistently dissolves into back-and-forth like this is awful. If you can't be convinced, why continue? Why do so many people here need to get the last word or something?

It's so bad -- and I'm often guilty of it. I'm trying to be disciplined about walking away when I offer evidence and get back "yeah but still." That means you're no longer engaged in a conversation where the other person is open to learning something.
Fair point, but still . . . I keed

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It isn't about convincing. It is about making blanket statements of speculation, and selling it as facts.
Dude we are on a message board where no one has any specific special insight into 90% of the stuff we are talking about. In the instance of surgeons (and orthopedic surgeons in particular) we happen to have some insight (father and cheese’s best friend are both orthos). As well as personal experience getting preferential treatment. Just passing along our insight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I will double check with my wife but that has became standard practice.

They used to do the surgery ASAP after the injury but found better outcomes when immobilizing the knee and giving time for the swelling to go down.

Source: my wife is an athletic trainer and the practice manager of a sports medicine clinic.

Update: 3-6 weeks is standard.
Speculation!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I obviously believe that celebrities get benefits that the rest of us can't. That wasn't the debate.

The debate was whether celebrities ALWAYS get benefits. They don't. You can use Trump as a classic example.
No the debate was high level athletes and surgeons. You’ve moved the goalposts so far they’re now basketball hoops.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
No the debate was high level athletes and surgeons. You’ve moved the goalposts so far they’re now basketball hoops.
He also thought that world renowned surgeons would care what team a guy played for, as if a highly accomplished surgeon in Boston wouldn’t give preferential treatment to a player from NY, because… sports.

It’s a fundamental misunderstanding of not only the perks a celebrity gets, but how the health profession works, and can and will be manipulated by those with major strings to pull.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The topic started about why he was 'waiting so long' to get his surgery. It wasn't me that brought up that part. I didn't move the goalposts. Go back and reread the thread, even before I started commenting...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He also thought that world renowned surgeons would care what team a guy played for, as if a highly accomplished surgeon in Boston wouldn’t give preferential treatment to a player from NY, because… sports.

It’s a fundamental misunderstanding of not only the perks a celebrity gets, but how the health profession works, and can and will be manipulated by those with major strings to pull.
Give me a break. You are completely misrepresenting what I said here and I think you know it.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Maybe. I actually think it'll have less to do with his play on the field than in his attitude in practice, his ability to take correction, and how he handles the adversity of another lost season.

There are no sure things in the NFL. If Kyler can check the three boxes noted above to the satisfaction of the coaching staff, I really believe he's a less risky option than Maye or Williams.

Agreed. The coaches have emphasized that Kyler won't play until he is "mentally" and physically ready. FWIW.

Kyler from fist half of 2021 is a no brainer.
Kyler from second half of 2021 and 2022 with his contract is no bueno. I would rather take the risk.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is it okay to keep Kyler Murray and build around him now, since he's no longer a top five paid quarterback? Asking for a friend...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
And by start of next year he won’t even be top 10 paid. I laugh at the people that scolded this deal. IF, which is a big IF he turns out to be a franchise QB this deal will be a steal. Can’t wait to see what he can or can’t do without Kliffy!!!!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
And by start of next year he won’t even be top 10 paid. I laugh at the people that scolded this deal. IF, which is a big IF he turns out to be a franchise QB this deal will be a steal. Can’t wait to see what he can or can’t do without Kliffy!!!!
Who do you think are the quarterbacks signing extensions next year?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who do you think are the quarterbacks signing extensions next year?
Lamar, Jalen Hurts and even Kirk Cousins (prob by another team) will get paid. I’m sure there will be 1-2 other guys that I’m not talking about that will have outstanding years and get an extension/new contract.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Josh Dobbs? LOL.

Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields, Mac Jones are Class of 2021 QBs who will be eligible for an extension. Maybe Lawrence gets one.

From the 2020 draft only Tua seems like a candidate to get a big extension. Jordan Love's deal runs out in 2024, so maybe Green Bay makes a long-term commitment to him.

Maybe someone steps forward, but we might not see another major market-setting QB contract for a little while.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Lamar, Jalen Hurts and even Kirk Cousins (prob by another team) will get paid. I’m sure there will be 1-2 other guys that I’m not talking about that will have outstanding years and get an extension/new contract.

Lamar and Hurts already got paid this year.
Cousins will get paid but not much more than he got this year ($35m).

It also doesn't matter who gets paid compared to Kyler if Kyler isn't the QB of first half of 2021.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My dude. Do some research on Hurts and Lamar. Cousins is 36 years old.

Missed Lamar and Hurts extensions (I had twins in the off season!)… Cousins not done he will get a big 2-3 year deal somewhere. He hasn’t been the main problem… their defense and Oline has been atrocious the past 5 years.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Missed Lamar and Hurts extensions (I had twins in the off season!)… Cousins not done he will get a big 2-3 year deal somewhere. He hasn’t been the main problem… their defense and Oline has been atrocious the past 5 years.
Congrats! I'm a twins dad (B-G IVF now 13). It does get better. Eventually.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd