The Official "Why Kevin Kolb is not Matt Leinart" Thread.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
I am an old-time poster; I know 4000 thousand posts are not much to some of you, amazed that I am, but I think I have learned what you like...Well for my 4000th thread, I promised you something special...so here goes.

I will start this off, but you will need to help, as you proved you can do so well in past.

I knew Kevin Kolb is not Matt Leinart when Skelton went down and he came in and actually knew the play book.

P.S. Hot tubs and beer bong references are a go.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I am an old-time poster; I know 4000 thousand posts are not much to some of you, amazed that I am, but I think I have learned what you like...Well for my 4000th thread, I promised you something special...so here goes.

I will start this off, but you will need to help, as you proved you can do so well in past.

I knew Kevin Kolb is not Matt Leinart when Skelton went down and he came in and actually knew the play book.

P.S. Hot tubs and beer bong references are a go.

When I didn't spill a beer on you?

:D

A fan who cares

Veteran
Reaction score
Congrats on 4000 posts!

I agree, Kevin Kolb is nothing like Captain Checkdown, but it doesn't mean he's any better/worse than Leinart. I do think Kolb has more potential as he grows into this offense this season, and that alone makes him not Leinart.

OP
OP
Redheart

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
When I didn't spill a beer on you?

:D

Why to I feel young when I think of that cold beer down my back. Background: O had both hands full of beer in prepartion for the 1st quarter in the NEZ...good times, if a little bit hot...

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Why to I feel young when I think of that cold beer down my back. Background: O had both hands full of beer in prepartion for the 1st quarter in the NEZ...good times, if a little bit hot...

Good times indeed brother.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
No Kolb is not Leinart. He'll never get 15000 good looking girls to come to Cardinals games. But he can throw just as many incomplete passes.

You gotta love Cardinal football. In a pass happy NFL they've won 9 of their last 11 games with two of the worst QBs in the league.

This football team never does anything anyone would expect them to. And that's really why this board, and being a Cardinal fan is so much fun.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leinart didn't dip on the sidelines and spit that nasty goo on the pretty grass field, he just dinked and dunked on the pretty grass field

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No Kolb is not Leinart. He'll never get 15000 good looking girls to come to Cardinals games. But he can throw just as many incomplete passes.

You gotta love Cardinal football. In a pass happy NFL they've won 9 of their last 11 games with two of the worst QBs in the league.

This football team never does anything anyone would expect them to. And that's really why this board, and being a Cardinal fan is so much fun.
it's insane. They defy all logic in this league. Yet somehow still come away with a W. They fight as a team, and win as a team. I love it

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ive never seen Kolb play as efficiently as Leinart. He may have dink-dunked around but kolb usually cant even do that.

Leinart may have grown more comfortable and made more downfield throws.

Not trying to hate but i think thats the truth

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

Something even I can agree with, and I'm not that agreeable.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Kolb chews? I didn't know that

Yep. There was a story last season from one of the writers during TC that when Kolb was acquired and forced to watch practice for a few days, he offered Fitz some chew on the sidelines.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Kolb is no Leinart for sure....he is no Warner either....sadly. I guess all you can really say at this point is he is not worse than Scud Anderson...thank God for the D or we would be looking at a long season in this Division. Hope the guy holds up...one concussion and he may be done. Hope it doesn;t happen

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
... when he didn't whine to the press after being benched. He actually went back to work... just like the rest of the team.

I know that predates Skelton going down, but there are still a lot of guys in the locker-room that were around for the Leinart disaster and remember.

Go Cards!!!

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I really believe that there is a toughness to Kevin Kolb. His toughness is a sort of mental toughness that Leinart never displayed. I believe that Birdgang, (and the offensive line), believe in this guy. I also believe that he suffered the biggest blow to his ego ever, when he was NOT selected as our starting QB over Skelton. That probably hurt him more than being let go by Philly did.

I like the way that he responded to this blow to his ego. He got a mind-set that he would not complain or whine about it, and that he would simply take the clip-board and prepare as best he could to go into a game when needed. That paid off big time for him, as a player, and as a man.

He is still a relatively untested QB in this league with probably about the same number of starts as Skelton. He is standing tall in the pocket now, and I believe that he is 'getting' it. I also believe that his accuracy will come into play sooner rather than later, because all his coaches have seen that in him. He actually had a better QB rating than Brady did last week. He could be poised for a real breakout week against his old team this week. Wouldn't that be a riot? Remember, despite the lamenting about our terrible 'O-line' play, our QB's have only been sacked once each game so far this year. As he gained composure, he has gained confidence, (and with that comes success). This might be the week that it all comes together for him, as it seems that with playing his old team, things are aligning just right for this to happen. If it does happen, the possibilities are greatly enhanced for this team to really be special.

OP
OP
Redheart

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Kevin Kolb is not Matt Lienart because Matt never posted a 127.4 QB rating; although he might have dreamed of it.

Seriously, Kevin has elevated his game, evey game, so far.