Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:jedi:

Scheduled release date: May 19, 2005.

Roughly 22 years after it was announced that Episode VI would be Revenge of the Jedi, only to later be changed to Return of the Jedi, it was announced (at the San Diego Comic-Con) that the title for Episode III will be Revenge of the Sith.

FYI: The Sith are masters of the dark side of the Force and the sworn enemies of the Jedi. They were all but exterminated by the Jedi a thousand years ago, but the evil order continued in secrecy. They operated quietly, behind the scenes, acting in pairs - a Master and an Apprentice - patiently biding their time before they could take over the galaxy. In Episode III, they'll finally exact their revenge on the Jedi.

You must be registered for see images

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BIM, you beat me to it! I was just about to post the same thing. :)

You're as big a star wars nerd as I am, you know this? Maybe even bigger :wave:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Renz said:
So the final episode is going to have the Sith kicking the Jedi's ass? Cool.

yeah, pretty much.

All the jedi have to die. That means the kiddie jedis too. Only Ben, Yoda, and Luke are left, and Anakin is so badly hurt he has to don the Vader suit.

I don't think any of that is really "spoiler" material, otherwise I would've whited it out.

The new star wars bad guy looks awesome too. I had him as my avatar here for a few months.

Check out nightly.net or theforce.net for spoiler stuff.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:
So the final episode is going to have the Sith kicking the Jedi's ass? Cool.

The 3rd episode will. ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I still remember the days when there were 9 movies planned out. :bang:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BIM, I think there still will be 9. There's money to be made there.

Lucas likes having finality in his advertising campaigns. I still have the OT VHS tapes that say "Own it...FOR THE LAST TIME." This is of course, before the updated trilogy came out in the mid 90s and now the DVD is coming out in 2 months.

I think there will be a 7-9 trilogy, but we've got to get about 5-10 years past Ep III before it'll happen, and that also means it won't be Lucas doing them either. SW is bigger than Lucas now though, I think it'll eventually get done.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vince56 said:
I think there will be a 7-9 trilogy, but we've got to get about 5-10 years past Ep III before it'll happen, and that also means it won't be Lucas doing them either. SW is bigger than Lucas now though, I think it'll eventually get done.

I hope so.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lucas is old.... I don't think he will live to see 7-9

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
vince56 said:
nope. But I still think they'll be made. Just a hunch :)

I agree.

Look at the "Star Trek" saga since the passing of Gene Roddenberry. Although it may not be in the same vain as the vision of "The Big Bird", it continues to survive.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
***SPOILER ALERT***

General Grievous
Voice actor is gonna be Gary Oldman

Attachments

• grievouscover_unknown.jpg
    grievouscover_unknown.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 379

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they end up making episodes 7-9 I hope they don't follow the current Hollywood trend.

Star Wars episode 7, featuring wacky new jedi Chris Rock!

Yeah, I'm still bitter about the Green Lantern news. From what I hear I, Robot got mucked with quite a bit too.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Revenge Of The Sith Trailer - When And Where

Source: Cinescape
October 19, 2004

Cinescape reports that the trailer for Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith will be hitting theaters on November 5th with previews of the trailer airing on Access Hollywood and other entertainment news shows on November 4th.

Our source has informed us that the STAR WARS trailer will be "placed" with THE INCREDIBLES, the new Disney/Pixar animated film also being released on 11/5. However, just because the EPISODE III may be shipped with the film cans of THE INCREDIBLES or suggested to play in front of that film doesn't necessarily mean that every theater screen will show the SITH trailer before THE INCREDIBLES. "Due to the kind of length for an animated film, two hours (with Boundin' short) running time and the IMMENSE number of studios vying to get placement on the film, expect some exhibitors to not play it with INCREDIBLES, though most should, if not on all screens of the film," our source told us last evening.

The trailer should also be online at StarWars.Com early that week, too. Subscribers will reportedly get first crack at it.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess I'll be going to see the Incredibles :)

I was going to anyway, it looks like a great movie from Pixar.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Episode III Teaser to Debut on Hyperspace

Source: StarWars.com
October 21, 2004

Lucasfilm reports that the anticipated teaser trailer for Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith will make its theaterical debut with Pixar's The Incredibles in the U.S. and Canada on November 5.

However, members of StarWars.com Hyperspace can see it before then as the full teaser will make its world-wide debut on the site the early afternoon (U.S.) of November 4. This exclusive member-only preview will be in high-quality QuickTime format.

Subscribers to AOL will also be able to see the trailer in streaming video formats starting November 4, and look for the trailer on TV the evening of November 4.

The public debut of the teaser trailer will happen on November 8th at StarWars.com.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
vince56 said:
General Grievous
Voice actor is gonna be Gary Oldman

i heard that oldman backed out. i think it had something to do with him not wanting to be involved in SAG violations becouse of shooting overseas......or something like that.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
offset said:
i heard that oldman backed out. i think it had something to do with him not wanting to be involved in SAG violations becouse of shooting overseas......or something like that.

Yeah, I heard that too. Maybe he heard the lines Lucas had written for him and said:

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that poster is freaking ******** - A big Vader face in the flowing cape? Damnit - I already have this inking feeling this movie's gonna totally suck ass also.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freaking Lucas !!! :computer:

The place I found it at (joblo.com) had it saved as "postersith-stinks"...

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just wait Brian, you'll flip when it's revealed that Jar Jar is the one who impregated Shmi Skywalker.

"It'sa Messa! Messa yo daddie-o, Anny!!"

That would so rule. I would so walk out of the theater at that point and burn my DVDs of Ep I and II. :thumbup:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
that poster is freaking ******** - A big Vader face in the flowing cape? Damnit - I already have this inking feeling this movie's gonna totally suck ass also.

That poster is really geeky looking.

It totally has that New Kids On The Block trying to look tough appearance.