The lockout is over!!!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Finally we will have hockey. Now that the lockout is over, the next thing I want to happen ASAP is for Jamison to become the owner.

I think the short season will benefit a guy like Doan, who isn't a spring chicken. Also, Boedker has been tearing it up overseas during the strike. Can't wait for the puck to drop.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did they come to an agreement regarding how many seasons until their next work stoppage?

They should just scrap this season. Such a joke.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TSN says the season will start on either the 15th (50 games) or the 19th (48 games) depending on how long it takes for the CBA to be ratified.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty weak as a league - 1 strike and 3 lockouts since 1992. Wow. No wonder casual fans don't get too involved and are more interested in football, baseball, MMA, and even the NBA. Just when the sport is ready to take off and elevate to another level of fandom...they have a work stoppage and piss everyone off.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I don't watch hockey until the finals anyway, so no change. Who cares...

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Finally we will have hockey. Now that the lockout is over, the next thing I want to happen ASAP is for Jamison to become the owner.

I think the short season will benefit a guy like Doan, who isn't a spring chicken. Also, Boedker has been tearing it up overseas during the strike. Can't wait for the puck to drop.

I thought those who went overseas weren't able to come back? or is there diff wording in his contract. Hockey free agency confuses me

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those who played overseas have opt out clauses so they can rejoin their NHL teams

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
yeah - the players were locked out, so it's not like they could play in the NHL ... if the NHL prevented them or punished them from gaining employment elsewhere there would be some serious issues going back to the NHL .... basically you can't lock someone out from their job, not pay them because you have them locked out and then control their other options and punish them for making a living or staying in shape

a lot of players came back before christmas - some will still trickle over .... many had opt out clauses, many where on short assignments

basically the leagues looked at it as a way to get some NHL level talent in their organization, if only for a brief time and for the NHL it helps them get guys back on the ice with a 10 day training session

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson