"The hardest part of the job is done"

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted yet...sorry if it was. Not sure if anyone saw this yet.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/colu...uddenly__McNabb_and_Eagles_looking_Super.html

The impossible suddenly looks probable. After requiring a miracle just to sneak into the playoffs, the Eagles are two very manageable wins from retracing the Phillies' parade route.

They will play in their fifth NFC championship game in eight years this Sunday in Arizona. There is nothing about the Cardinals or the AFC finalists, Baltimore and Pittsburgh, as imposing as the New York Giants at the Meadowlands.

By beating the defending Super Bowl champions, 23-11, in a brutal game yesterday, the Eagles cleared the highest hurdle between themselves and their first NFL championship since 1960.

The hardest part of the job is done.

Last edited:

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Seriously...didn't the Eagles already beat the Giants in NJ already this year? Haven't the Giants lost 4 out of the last 5 games. I agree the Giants were a tough match up at home..but so were the Panthers and the Cards blew them out.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Donovan McNabb has another terrible first half, and the Cardinals have the unbelievably good field position like the Giants did, the Cardinals will kill them.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I am a huge beleiver in intangible factors playing a large role in determining a given game--

here is what I am thinking about for this weekend:

1. The sentiment expressed in the article -- that the Giants were the hurdle to get over and that this upcoming game will be significantly easier-- has to have some following in the Eagles locker room.

2. Can the Eagles block out the Thanksgiving game result? I am sure that game felt like a walkthrough for them. How much will that impact their mindset?

As crazy as it sounds, this has the makings of a trap game for the Eagles.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a huge beleiver in intangible factors playing a large role in determining a given game--

here is what I am thinking about for this weekend:

1. The sentiment expressed in the article -- that the Giants were the hurdle to get over and that this upcoming game will be significantly easier-- has to have some following in the Eagles locker room.

2. Can the Eagles block out the Thanksgiving game result? I am sure that game felt like a walkthrough for them. How much will that impact their mindset?

As crazy as it sounds, this has the makings of a trap game for the Eagles.
Could be. And if any team if susceptible to a trap game, it is the Eagles vs. the Cards.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I'm actually a bit glad we got blown out during turkey day:

1. The Iggles are now thinking "Hey, these guys arn't so tough - we've crushed them before!"

2. Our gameplan worked well before, let's use it again!

3. We beat the Giants, whew, and in 3 weeks we'll be playing in the big game!

Hope you look way past us, Iggles.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It'll just make the losing that much more painful for their fans.

I don't care if the next two games are the Bengals and Lions, the hard part is over when you are hoisting the trophy.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
1. The Iggles are now thinking "Hey, these guys arn't so tough - we've crushed them before!"
Listening to Jamie Dukes on the NFL Network, he said the same thing. The Thanksgiving game might actually come back to haunt the Eagles. The more seasoned vets will realize that was then, this is now, but the younger players will remember how crappy we were then and might think that is who they will see on Sunday. His opinion, not necessarily mine.
2. Our gameplan worked well before, let's use it again!
Andy Reid is too good of a coach. He won't do that.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listening to Jamie Dukes on the NFL Network, he said the same thing. The Thanksgiving game might actually come back to haunt the Eagles. The more seasoned vets will realize that was then, this is now, but the younger players will remember how crappy we were then and might think that is who they will see on Sunday. His opinion, not necessarily mine.
Andy Reid is too good of a coach. He won't do that.
That is funny. Reid is a good coach in some respects, for sure. But he definitely has some Brad Childress in him. Even Eaglesffan will admit that.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Color me crazy but I thought Atlanta was the toughest team to come out of the NFC and we took them. So in my eyes the "hardest part is done"

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That is funny. Reid is a good coach in some respects, for sure. But he definitely has some Brad Childress in him. Even Eaglesffan will admit that.
Yeah...well...you suck. :mad: