The good news, we have the #1 pick!

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thank you SF for the Christmas present. Now it’s our job not to screw it up!

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Couldn’t screw it up if we tried. Rams and Seahawks will need their respective games against the Cardinals, assuming Seattle loses to KC. Heck, they could play their third sting and both teams will still win by 20

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Couldn’t screw it up if we tried. Rams and Seahawks will need their respective games against the Cardinals, assuming Seattle loses to KC. Heck, they could play their third sting and both teams will still win by 20

We could screw it up by trading down with Keim in charge. Just take Bosa

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I think Wilkes and lefwich destroyed Rosen’s trade value - I don’t see him as a starter much less a Sam Bradford. If he ever does well in the nfl it will be 8n spite of them not because of them.

How we going to replace DJ, pp, Jones, Fitz and all the other players that want away from this mess with one pick?

Urban Meyers might excite some players? But Wilks and Keim have been churning the roster - blaming it on players like Bradford - but they are gone and we suck even worse!

Reminds me of Whiz churning in the off season - keeps kissing frogs - and they remain frogs, fairy tales are fairy tales for a reason. Need a fundementally strong hc that can build from scratch - cause Wilks and Keim blew the cards to shattered pieces.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Sorry to be the Debbie Downer, but Oakland has the #1 pick right now...

Last edited:

motion3

Reaction score
http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

We do have the #1 pick at the moment.
Tie breaker is SOS.

Cards: .522
Oakland: .562

So at the moment the cards have lost to worse teams.

From what I hear if the cards lose the next two games, all the math plays out that the cards will have the #1 pick.

With the Rams aiming to clinch a 1st round bye, and Seattle fighting for a wildcard, I expect them well motivated.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The Rams put 50 up on the Cards and the Seahags get to 40. Gurley runs for 150+ and 3 TDs then gets sat down to save him from wear and tear in the 4th qtr. meaning Gurley doesn't even see a snap in the 4th. The Seahags get two RBs to 100 yds. for the day. Wilson closes in on 300 yds. and 3 TDs.

This team has officially quit and will run out the schedule. Glennon should start the last two games, shut Rosen down. Edmonds will see a big up tick in carries. Seal Jones will drop at least one pass in each of the next two games.

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

We do have the #1 pick at the moment.
Tie breaker is SOS.

Cards: .522
Oakland: .562

So at the moment the cards have lost to worse teams.

From what I hear if the cards lose the next two games, all the math plays out that the cards will have the #1 pick.

With the Rams aiming to clinch a 1st round bye, and Seattle fighting for a wildcard, I expect them well motivated.

That "Tankathon" site is really good. So many people went on that site right after the 9ers won the site briefly crashed. Yes, the Cards appear to be a lock for #1 overall. One would think event we couldn't blow that pick, but what we do at the top of the 2nd and 3rd rounds will really be critical to the rebuilding process. Those are the picks the new GM (?) MUST hit on....

Reactions: PJ1

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
Not according to the actual NFL as of Now:

https://www.nfl.com/standings/league/2018/REG?akcarrier=verizon&akmobile=ios

Not sure why anyof you look at the league site instead of third parties.

You must be registered for see images attach

That's because the official NFL site does not even bother to list opponent's winning percentage, which is the first tie-breaker for draft position. Honestly, it looks like the NFL site is listing tied teams in alphabetical order, which is comical. Must have been set up by an intern.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
That's because the official NFL site does not even bother to list opponent's winning percentage, which is the first tie-breaker for draft position. Honestly, it looks like the NFL site is listing tied teams in alphabetical order, which is comical. Must have been set up by an intern.
This is false assumption...they had it exactly right every week. As if the league is unaware of their own ranking/tie-breaking rules.

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
This is false assumption...they had it exactly right every week. As if the league is unaware of their own ranking/tie-breaking rules.

Just curious, are you saying the first tie-breaker is NOT opponent's strength of schedule? I will find and post that rules link for you if needed. Right now, the Cardinals have played the "easier" schedule, and therefore would pick 1st overall if the regular season ended after tonight's game.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Not according to the actual NFL as of Now:

https://www.nfl.com/standings/league/2018/REG?akcarrier=verizon&akmobile=ios

Not sure why anyof you look at the league site instead of third parties.

You must be registered for see images attach

On that site all the teams that have the same record are then sorted in alphabetical order by city name...hence the rankings of Atlanta, Buffalo, Detroit, New York, Tampa all at 5-9. Jax, New York, San Francisco all at 4-10 etc

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Oh you watch, this is the Cardinals and most likely we will find a way to do some Disney script magic and beat the Rams or Seahawks and therefore relinquish that number one pick... that's what Tiggers, I mean Cardinals do best :)

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
On that site all the teams that have the same record are then sorted in alphabetical order by city name...hence the rankings of Atlanta, Buffalo, Detroit, New York, Tampa all at 5-9. Jax, New York, San Francisco all at 4-10 etc
Yet-miraculously—the NFL rankings had this order last week:

3. Oak
2. Az
1. SF

Yall’ are tripping...

Last edited: