Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Forest

Release Date: January 8, 2016
Studio: Gramercy Pictures
Director: Jason Zada
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for disturbing thematic content and images)
Screenwriters: Sarah Cornwell, Nick Antosca
Genre: Thriller, Horror
Website: TheForestisReal.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Starring: Natalie Dormer, Taylor Kinney, Eoin Macken, Yukiyoshi Ozawa

Plot Summary: Rising with terrifying grandeur at the base of Mt. Fuji in Japan, the legendary real-life Aokigahara Forest is the suspense-filled setting of the supernatural thriller. A young American woman, Sara (Natalie Dormer of “Game of Thrones” and “The Hunger Games”), journeys there in search of her twin sister, who has mysteriously disappeared. In the company of expatriate Aiden (Taylor Kinney of “Chicago Fire”), Sara enters the forest having been well warned to “stay on the path.” Determined to discover the truth about her sister’s fate, Sara will have to face the angry and tormented souls of the dead that prey on anyone who dares come near them. These malevolent spirits lying in wait for Sara at every turn will plunge her into a frightening darkness from which she must fight to save herself.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I thought the premise held some promise. There were things I liked about it especially Natalie Dormer, but the execution was not my cup of tea and the ending was just ridiculous.

oh hey, the sister just magically and inexplicably appeared out of thin air! Yay! Oh but the other one is dead, sorry. Ah well, one out of two aint bad, let's pack it up boys... lol

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Wow, Cheese, how could you be so wrong? This was the best horror movie I've ever seen! I mean, I've never called for a horror movie to win Best Picture, but after seeing this?

Okay, okay, I just can't keep it up anymore :D Fair play to you, Cheese, this movie sucked pretty hard-core. It had a great premise and a wonderful lead actress, but the writing and directing were way too ham handed. Oh, look, a dream sequence with a creepy situation and a jump scare! Now wash, rinse, repeat. Blah! What a waste.

I should just learn the lesson that modern horror movies almost universally suck. I keep hoping for a nugget here and there but, save for Cabin in the Woods, I've been doomed to disappointment.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard