The Fix is IN!

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Just rewatched the highlights and the Harrison TD should have never been. Hightower is clearly...CLEARLY blocked in the back while trying to make the tackle around the 20 yard line and Warner at the very least, arguably has control of the ball when his arm starts forward on the last play.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Mokler, I saw the same thing and was screaming during our Super Bowl party. Eveyone agreed on the replay. BS officiating!!!

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I don't even feel bad at this point. Much like SB XXXVI and Barry Bonds, this one is just another sports asterisk.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
From my vantage point, the officiating was way too ticky tack early in the game. But the Cards still should have won despite that.

The refs weren't calling for the "Prevent the Win" defense on Pitts last drive of the game. No way in hell we should have let them march all the way in the end zone.

Overall, the game reminded me of how we would perform against the elite teams early in this season: lots of penalties, keep it close or go ahead and manage to do a few things to screw it up.

I need a few days to get over this.....sorry to be a party pooper.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
This is why Pittsburgh isn't considered a great team. 2 Super Bowl wins in 5 years should be a major accomplishment but between this game and the Seattle game, everyone just wants to not talk about it. This was as bad as the NBA.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post Dispatch:
3. THE OFFICIATING WAS EMBARRASSING AND AWFUL: I’m not going to get into a play-by-play account, because if you watched the game you’ll know what I am talking about. This crew did a terrible job, down to the last Arizona play, when there was no determination made (via replay) if Kurt Warner fumbled or not. (And right before that … where was the excessive celebration penalty when the Steelers clearly used the ball as a prop after Santonio Holmes scored the winning TD? Better field position could have made a difference for Arizona on the final possession.) OK, I’m doing play by play. Sorry. Let me finish by saying: it continues to amaze me how the best sports league in the world continues to allow its product to be soiled by incompetent officiating. Understand that I am not blaming the officials for Arizona losing; the Cardinals were sloppy and undisciplined. But the NFL should have a higher standard for performance by officials.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Please the refs did not cost us this game, the sloppy, undisciplined play did. Both of the Cardinals lines were problematic all game, the D-line could never get Big Ben down and the O line was holding, false starting, not run blocking (though thats nothing new), and for the most part playing subpar.

I think Cards fans have been classy and awesome this whole run, lets not let the rest of the nation think we're a bunch of whiners who think the refs cost us.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I think Cards fans have been classy and awesome this whole run, lets not let the rest of the nation think we're a bunch of whiners who think the refs cost us.
So, no matter what the ref's do it doesn't matter?

HooverDam

Reaction score
So, no matter what the ref's do it doesn't matter?

Great teams over come bad officiating. Furthermore, this game wasn't decided by the refs, there were blown calls both ways.

Furthermore, if you think for some reason the league and the refs were conspiring to make the Cardinals lose you're probably also the type who thinks 9.11 was an inside job, man never walked on the moon and that there was a 2nd shooter in Dallas.

Hazzard29

Registered
Reaction score
No complaints about the officiating, there are bad/questionable calls in every game, unfortunatly the Cards were on the wrong side of a few tonight. The officials are human, and I have/want to believe that they are doing everything in their power to try and make the correct call on every play, especially the Super Bowl.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Why is it assumed that because the ref's made a LOT of bad calls they were conspiring against the Cardinals? I think the ref's cost the Cardinals the game but that doesn't mean I think they had a plan to do so. They are simply inept and their bad calls against the Cardinals far outweighed whatever calls they made against the Steelers. I happen to think if they get even one of the poor calls correct that the Cardinals win the game.

The clip on the pick 6 changes the whole face of the game. The non-call on the celebration gives the Cards much better field position with 30 seconds to go. I mean, those two plays were just flat out bad calls that changed the complexion of the game. There were plenty of others that likely should have gone the other way or not at all.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may sound odd, but I think the refs were biased, but don't feel it was fixed. I mean, I don't think they deliberately tried to call the game in such a way that would ensure that Pitts would win...but I do think they called holding on us for the exact same kinds of play that they did not call on the Steelers. They seemed to look the other way for the Steelers a lot.

If they were trying to ensure that we would not win, we wouldn't have come as close as we did.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Why is it assumed that because the ref's made a LOT of bad calls they were conspiring against the Cardinals? I think the ref's cost the Cardinals the game but that doesn't mean I think they had a plan to do so. They are simply inept and their bad calls against the Cardinals far outweighed whatever calls they made against the Steelers. I happen to think if they get even one of the poor calls correct that the Cardinals win the game.

The clip on the pick 6 changes the whole face of the game. The non-call on the celebration gives the Cards much better field position with 30 seconds to go. I mean, those two plays were just flat out bad calls that changed the complexion of the game. There were plenty of others that likely should have gone the other way or not at all.
The defense should have stopped Pittsburgh's final drive. :bang:

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Um, check the threads title?
Sorry, I was referring to what I feel since you and I were talking. You're right re: the thread title. I won't go so far as to say that there was a plan or conspiracy but the ref's certainly weren't at the top of their game and turned a blind eye at very beneficial times in terms of Pittsburgh winning.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Sorry, I was referring to what I feel since you and I were talking. You're right re: the thread title. I won't go so far as to say that there was a plan or conspiracy but the ref's certainly weren't at the top of their game and turned a blind eye at very beneficial times in terms of Pittsburgh winning.

There was a plan. The NFL simply scripted the game based on the Texas v Texas Tech game this season. :D

Twice in one year. :bang:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:thumbup:

There were just too many things we could control that we messed up to sit around and blame the refs for losing.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The clipping call was pretty blatant even m ywife pointed it out during the return! And the celebration penalty should have been called that could have been a HUGE factor in our field position and with 35 seconds we could have took some shots! I don't think the refs purposely tried to screw us or anything but they were terrible and definately hurt us!

OP
OP
TucsonDevil

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Great teams over come bad officiating. Furthermore, this game wasn't decided by the refs, there were blown calls both ways.

Furthermore, if you think for some reason the league and the refs were conspiring to make the Cardinals lose you're probably also the type who thinks 9.11 was an inside job, man never walked on the moon and that there was a 2nd shooter in Dallas.

Why is it every time someone has a conspiracy theory, he/she has to be lumped in with the other conspiracy wakos in the world. If you don't believe in conspiracies, you don't know the history of the world. Conspiracies are real, and do exist all the time. I work in Corporate America and conspire against my competition EVERY DAY - and they do the same against me!

When I said, "The Fix Is In", it was more of a statement that one team in the minds of the officials are playing within their strengths and are not capable of making sloppy penalties... while the underdog is desperate and has to make those plays to keep up. Therefore, they do have a predetermination in their minds of how the plays will be called. You cannot convince me that Harrison should have remained in the game. Also, how does the Cardinals get called for roughing the passer, when Kurt is constantly hit late? It goes to that "predetermination" that the Steelers make hard plays, and the Cardinals don't, and when they do, it is intentional. That is a FIX.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Please the refs did not cost us this game, the sloppy, undisciplined play did. Both of the Cardinals lines were problematic all game, the D-line could never get Big Ben down and the O line was holding, false starting, not run blocking (though thats nothing new), and for the most part playing subpar.

The refs may have cost us the "chance" to win the game. They did not cost us the game; the Cards did that to themselves.

Man would I love to see that game played minus the sloppy penalties. I am so disappointed in the outcome of the game but I cannot be disappointed in our players even though they contributed to the downfall they played their freaking hearts out. The look in Larry's eyes as he took that TD into the end zone said it all.

Good job Cards

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
lol @ how pathetic some of you fans are..

i recall jumping on your forum mid third and you all whining how the game was over already cause of the pick 6..

now you're blaming the loss on the refs.. how hilarious..

Hughc

Rookie
Reaction score
The game was not officiated very well in my opinion, but sorry, I don't buy in to any conspiracy theory. The NFL and the networks are profitable enough that there's no need for them to fix games.