Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oddsmakers not “experts”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no one expects Bradford to last more than five games, which means a rookie QB comes into the game, with what most think looks like a bad offensive line, no WRs besides Larry.

I think we're a 6-10 team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Cards win enough games to make half of the posters here bitter about next years draft position.

Sometimes I think some of you completely ignore what some fans are really after in certain seasons. For example, last year a lot of fans felt like it was a year that gave no promise for the future or the present. We had an aging QB, no one behind him of any merit, a coach on his last legs with an old and not terribly talented roster and thus, in a season where the team was desperately trying to hang on to the past, we rooted for losses that could help in the future.

Bu with a franchise QB in tow finally and a new coach starting from scratch, as one of the posters who used to lament meaningless wins, this season is all about building. There are no more meaningless wins because we're starting over and every win builds for the future.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes I think some of you completely ignore what some fans are really after in certain seasons. For example, last year a lot of fans felt like it was a year that gave no promise for the future or the present. We had an aging QB, no one behind him of any merit, a coach on his last legs with an old and not terribly talented roster and thus, in a season where the team was desperately trying to hang on to the past, we rooted for losses that could help in the future.

Bu with a franchise QB in tow finally and a new coach starting from scratch, as one of the posters who used to lament meaningless wins, this season is all about building. There are no more meaningless wins because we're starting over and every win builds for the future.

So this is a promise not to complain about draft position in 2019 then?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You haven’t seen improvement in the Bears or Giants? Good Lord, you cannot be serious.

Any HC is an upgrade over John Fox & McAdoo while both had very good drafts(imo, looking back 4 years from now, most will pan out).

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
And worst in the NFC, by a mile. Longest odds to make the playoffs, twice that of the Bears. I'm trying to wonder how? Did everyone else better themselves to such a degree? No. I see no improvement in teams like the Bears, Bucs, Deadskins, Giants, etc. Hell, they have the 49ers as a bubble playoff team. Um, OK. https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-power-rankings-nfc-never-good-top-bottom-122017041.html
Probably written before signing Cap Capi.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Your defense is decent. Your RB is really good...almost Todd Gurley good, but that Oline was not good last year. You may have reloaded on the oline and because I don't follow the Cards that closely, so maybe? Bradford can nickel and dime a defense to death with short passes, which is a good skill to have when the oline can't stop anybody. Fitz is pretty d@mn good still, so he'll be a Sam safety blanket.

But it's like cheesbeef says, the rest of the NFL see's Bradford as an injury waiting to happen. Rosen might be good, but there will be a learning curve. 6-8 wins isn't a bad year for you, imo.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Your defense is decent. Your RB is really good...almost Todd Gurley good, but that Oline was not good last year. You may have reloaded on the oline and because I don't follow the Cards that closely, so maybe? Bradford can nickel and dime a defense to death with short passes, which is a good skill to have when the oline can't stop anybody. Fitz is pretty d@mn good still, so he'll be a Sam safety blanket.

But it's like cheesbeef says, the rest of the NFL see's Bradford as an injury waiting to happen. Rosen might be good, but there will be a learning curve. 6-8 wins isn't a bad year for you, imo.

Sorry, our defense is better than decent. Possibly the best pass rusher in the league in Chandler (the sack totals do not lie) and the closest thing to a shut down corner in Peterson already takes you past decent. Now, "almost Todd Gurley good" could only be offered by a Ram fan because the only competition a healthy Johnson has is Le'veon Bell for what he provides and Elliot from Dallas is better than Gurley. Then there is this kid named Barkley who the Giants got in the draft which might be better than him too... but then again as you stated, you do not follow the Cardinals that closely :)

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Sorry, our defense is better than decent. Possibly the best pass rusher in the league in Chandler (the sack totals do not lie) and the closest thing to a shut down corner in Peterson already takes you past decent. Now, "almost Todd Gurley good" could only be offered by a Ram fan because the only competition a healthy Johnson has is Le'veon Bell for what he provides and Elliot from Dallas is better than Gurley. Then there is this kid named Barkley who the Giants got in the draft which might be better than him too... but then again as you stated, you do not follow the Cardinals that closely :)
Sorry man, NO ONE in the NFL is a better hybrid RB than Todd Gurley.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you guys are really overestimating our defense. I know Wilks is a defensive-minded coach, but I do still see some problems.

- New scheme will take time to adjust.
- Bucannon is more of a liability than a impact player.
- CB2 is still questionable
- Won’t be surprised if Bethea falls off a cliff this year due to Father Time.
- DT room looks meh. I think Pierre will continue to improve. Peters is sold. Everyone else? Blah.

Budda will be a star though. Very much looking forward to that.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Leveon and DJ are both at least as good as Gurley, who is awesome. Kamara, Kareem Hunt, and Mel Gordon are also top tier guys. And don't consider what was out there last year to be our "O Line". Only our center actually played the season last year. All four other guys were largely on IR. We even had 4th stringers off the street playing meaningful time at the end of the year. Only Fitz and AQ Shipley were left at the end of the year on our offense, and we still pulled out 8-8.

Take the Over.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this is a promise not to complain about draft position in 2019 then?

Thought it was pretty clear what I'm saying... but if it helps you sleep better at night... sure. It's a promise.

Feel better now?

Last edited:

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
This team and season all depends on staying healthy. Healthy we make the playoffs. We have the injuries like we did last year and we could go 6-10. I think we have a top ten defense and if D.J. and Bradford stay healthy we could have a top 15 offense. McCoy is catering this offense to Bradford with a quick passing game and run the ball first.

An average O-line can make this offense work just fine. This team is a lot better than many think if it stays healthy. Yes there is a lot of what if’s but that’s the same for most teams. Both D.J. and Fitz are top 5 at their positions to me. That is one hell of a duo to stop for any defense.

I know that I am ready to see this team come together in the preseason before writing them off as losers.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I think a lot of the low expectations for our team from non-Cardinal football fans is more of a 'comfort' thing. The 'Oh yeah they're bad again' thing.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Sorry man, NO ONE in the NFL is a better hybrid RB than Todd Gurley.
Let's just see Gurley string a couple of seasons together...and hope Johnson stays healthy...then the debate will be settled.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson