The Durant Sweepstakes

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there hope KD takes are more definitive stance and puts pressure on the Nets? Finally?!?!!?

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is there hope KD takes are more definitive stance and puts pressure on the Nets? Finally?!?!!?

Just wait until camp starts. I bet Kyrie and Ben Simmons are going to loath each other. Kyrie is a hopeless philosopher and Ben Simmons is mopey child with almost no work ethic and they're both as entitled as any player I've ever seen.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA needs to do something about offensive players creating the contact, its a no call if the ball handler goes straight at you. get rid of the stupid "halo" basically means you cant play D in the paint. we dont watch or go to games to see a FT contest
Doncic is the most guilty of this I've seen since Shaquille O'Neal . he just drops his shoulder right into defenders who have clearly established position, and he does it a lot.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
Doncic is the most guilty of this I've seen since Shaquille O'Neal . he just drops his shoulder right into defenders who have clearly established position, and he does it a lot.
I hate this aspect of the game. LeBron, Doncic & Greek Freak totally dominate with lowering shoulder and drawing contact. Get other team in foul trouble, get 2 points or 2+1 or freebie FT's, every time. I think Suns got so frustrated with this against Dallas, they just gave up.

Seems in the finals they let a ton of contact go uncalled. Crazy how inconsistent the NBA can be.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Giannis was un-guardable in the finals, Ayton picked up a ton of weak calls. Calls usually favor the aggressor but man some of the calls we got left me dumbfounded.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
Giannis was un-guardable in the finals, Ayton picked up a ton of weak calls. Calls usually favor the aggressor but man some of the calls we got left me dumbfounded.
so true. I knew the games were over when Ayton would get a couple early ticky-tac calls against Bucks.

I wish we could have had the opportunity to play Bucks again with McGee and Biz as backup bigs. Think we would have won this time. Instead we got beat by an entirely different type of team. A not particularly great Dallas team while playing with a beat up collection of Suns guards.

Tough to figure out how to traverse playoffs when you can get beat by Doncic drop-shoulder drives/pass-out to instant 3 or having enough big bodies to throw at Greek Freak. Or a red-hot GS team. How do you get the right personnel to battle? Seems you need a team the other team can't stop.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so true. I knew the games were over when Ayton would get a couple early ticky-tac calls against Bucks.

I wish we could have had the opportunity to play Bucks again with McGee and Biz as backup bigs. Think we would have won this time. Instead we got beat by an entirely different type of team. A not particularly great Dallas team while playing with a beat up collection of Suns guards.

Tough to figure out how to traverse playoffs when you can get beat by Doncic drop-shoulder drives/pass-out to instant 3 or having enough big bodies to throw at Greek Freak. Or a red-hot GS team. How do you get the right personnel to battle? Seems you need a team the other team can't stop.

One thing for sure, after watching the Warriors-Celtics Finals, the Suns have to make their 3-point shots.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes that's all true, but the answer to it is not to complain about the officiating, it's to get aggressive and have Ayton do the same thing to him on the other end.

Hopefully he will get to that point, but it bothers me he still hasn't.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So they were talking about an Anthony Davis for Kevin Durant straight deal this morning on undisputed.

What kind of crack are they on?

Does AD even have positive value? I tell you this no way in hell would I trade Mikal straight up for him if I was GM.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Just logged in to say frack Doncic.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So they were talking about an Anthony Davis for Kevin Durant straight deal this morning on undisputed.

What kind of crack are they on?

Does AD even have positive value? I tell you this no way in hell would I trade Mikal straight up for him if I was GM.

They're bored and lack any journalistic credibility. A few years ago they were opining that the Lakers should trade Kuzma for Booker and talking about it as though it was only up to the Lakers.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I hate this aspect of the game. LeBron, Doncic & Greek Freak totally dominate with lowering shoulder and drawing contact. Get other team in foul trouble, get 2 points or 2+1 or freebie FT's, every time. I think Suns got so frustrated with this against Dallas, they just gave up.

Seems in the finals they let a ton of contact go uncalled. Crazy how inconsistent the NBA can be.
Still logged in so yeah, I can only sign on this. Same thing with the freak. He just plows into the defender and gets rewarded. It's not even funny any longer. Been this way a long time. The team with the biggest "star" (must be physically dominating the defender) will almost certainly win. Prove me wrong.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score

My gut feeling is we don't (have the right personnel). The window is already closed. Sorry for being a Debby Downer. Go Suns!

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
They're bored and lack any journalistic credibility. A few years ago they were opining that the Lakers should trade Kuzma for Booker and talking about it as though it was only up to the Lakers.
Big if true. It's the off season and they need publicity. Clicks is money people!

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My gut feeling is we don't (have the right personnel). The window is already closed. Sorry for being a Debby Downer. Go Suns!

I think the talent is there, you don't have the results over 2 years that they've had without being a true contender.

My concern is the locker room. Something went sideways at the end of the season. I don't know if they had it in their heads that they could just flip a switch to beat teams or if some of the players got sick of each other or they just flat out choked... but they should have ran that Dallas team out of the gym, a did 3 times in that series, flat out smoking them... then they just crapped all over the court.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I think the talent is there, you don't have the results over 2 years that they've had without being a true contender.

My concern is the locker room. Something went sideways at the end of the season. I don't know if they had it in their heads that they could just flip a switch to beat teams or if some of the players got sick of each other or they just flat out choked... but they should have ran that Dallas team out of the gym, a did 3 times in that series, flat out smoking them... then they just crapped all over the court.
I agree about should have run over Dallas, but remember, the tires came off versus the Bucks the previous year as well. Seems we're not great with making adjustments.

I'm looking at you, Monty!

Does not explain how badly the point God played though.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
And I think Booker needs to schedule offseason workouts with PJ Tucker and somebody else double teaming him, because that really did not give reason for excitement from mister super max extension.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree about should have run over Dallas, but remember, the tires came off versus the Bucks the previous year as well. Seems we're not great with making adjustments.

Definitely agree with the Suns need to improve on making adjustments.

Their defense didn't adjust to the Mavericks offense in the playoffs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Bucks were a talented team with a generational star. Sure, Dallas has a star in Luka but that's all they really had. The Bucks had weapons behind Giannis like Middleton, Jrue, Portis, and Lopez. They could shoot lights out and defend well. They were the better team that series. The Suns were better than Dallas but they didn't play like it.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
We had weapons nearly matching the Bucks if they had played their best and the refs had called an even game. Ayton was often great in those playoffs but perhaps Middleton and Jrue were a number too big for Booker and CP under those bright lights.

But back on Durant. He can push us over the top. It depends on how James Jones wants to play it. Go for gold (yes, always) since CP is all of a sudden showing his age, and try to win the next couple of years with Durant, CP, Booker, and whoever is not traded, or keep building the core, even though there are concerning cracks in the foundation, like last playoffs performance, CP's age, Booker double team issues, role players not producing (Bridges, Johnson, Payne, Crowder).

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Same when Shaq was at the Lakers. He literally would knock down not only his defender, but whoever came over to play help defense, too. Refs would let him bully his way to dunks. The NBA has never got to the point I want to see, whoever starts the contact is the person the foul is on.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We had weapons nearly matching the Bucks if they had played their best and the refs had called an even game. Ayton was often great in those playoffs but perhaps Middleton and Jrue were a number too big for Booker and CP under those bright lights.

But back on Durant. He can push us over the top. It depends on how James Jones wants to play it. Go for gold (yes, always) since CP is all of a sudden showing his age, and try to win the next couple of years with Durant, CP, Booker, and whoever is not traded, or keep building the core, even though there are concerning cracks in the foundation, like last playoffs performance, CP's age, Booker double team issues, role players not producing (Bridges, Johnson, Payne, Crowder).
I know the Greek Freak got his calls, etc. But watching that series again, Chris Middleton was just unconscious on his shots!

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same when Shaq was at the Lakers. He literally would knock down not only his defender, but whoever came over to play help defense, too. Refs would let him bully his way to dunks. The NBA has never got to the point I want to see, whoever starts the contact is the person the foul is on.
Exactly. People were complaining about guys like Vladimir Divac flopping, but I really think it was the only way to defend Shaquille O'Neal without double or triple teaming him to force the ball out of his hands. I mean I'm all for posting up and having a little contact, but just dropping your shoulder right into the center of the chest of the defender repeatedly is BS. I say flop away and Force the call. I was screaming for bridges to do it that entire series because doncic continually just ran him over.

I think Kevin Durant is going to be playing in Brooklyn until at least the trade deadline if not next summer.

Joe

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose