The Durant Sweepstakes

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Making a 6 point a game jump would put him in all star territory
He doesn't need a 6 point jump per game. A 4 point jump per game would put him in some pretty good company and it's not a stretch either since he gets most of his points off ball and not any plays being called for him.
If he’s a team’s 3rd option, that team isn’t very good.
Depends on the offense and the depth 1-5. You can have a very good balanced starting 5 and he could put up 18 IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He doesn't need a 6 point jump per game. A 4 point jump per game would put him in some pretty good company and it's not a stretch either since he gets most of his points off ball and not any plays being called for him.

Depends on the offense and the depth 1-5. You can have a very good balanced starting 5 and he could put up 18 IMO.
It’s definitely a stretch because if he was a 3, that means defenses would scheme for him and he has pretty much zero handles trying to get to the bucket. He can take a dribble and get to the corner of the key, but if he’s your third option, that one move can be accounted for.

The inability to actually get to the hole would severely limit his game if the D could key on him because he was the third link of an offense.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s definitely a stretch because if he was a 3, that means defenses would scheme for him and he has pretty much zero handles trying to get to the bucket. He can take a dribble and get to the corner of the key, but if he’s your third option, that one move can be accounted for.

The inability to actually get to the hole would severely limit his game if the D could key on him because he was the third link of an offense.
I was probably optimistic saying he'll average around 20 this season but I think the holdback will be pace.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns started down this road before the 2020 NBA Draft when James Jones traded for Chris Paul. It almost worked as the Suns got to the Finals in 2021.

Striking out in the 2020 draft is going to cost the Suns big time because it would have extended their window without forcing the issue.

Now, without trading for Durant, the Suns will have to hope Ayton and Bridges approach stardom to get there.

They will also have to get lucky somewhere along the way and find another point guard who can eventually take over for Paul when the time comes.

On the other hand, who knows, maybe James Jones is really good at jumping from rock to rock while crossing a stream.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure he’s laughing at the Cards extending Kyler and getting compared to Book. He’s a Rams fan.

I'm not good at reading emojis on twitter. However, the face and tears do not look like those of joy.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I do think his hand was bothering him a lot more than he let on, watching games live, he was frequently shaking and holding it between plays.

I have little doubt that he went under the knife after the season.
I hope Mikal did'nt go under the knife. Cam is a older player but he has gotten better every year. This Summer I expect him to work on his handles. I really belive the top three scorers on the Suns would love for Cam to take some points from them. We will see it soon.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty sure he’s laughing at the Cards extending Kyler and getting compared to Book. He’s a Rams fan.
Yeah, that explanation is pretty far fetched. Most people would say Book and Kyler are at pretty similar levels for each league.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With everything bogged down in the NBA it's something to keep the conversation alive.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex also claimed the Server investigation was essentially finished and results would be released between the end of the finals and free agency starting. Big surprise he's deleted a ton of tweets from the month of June. He has no posts about the Server investigation or the draft on his Twitter.

The guy is a joke.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I disagree. IMO he's the consummate pro and will do what he's asked to do. I don't think he'll ever be the scorer Booker is but I expect him to average around 20 per game from now on.

He had some good offensive performances last season even after his injury but you could tell every time he made contact with his little finger against the ball or another player that it still bothered him. On bad nights, he'd reach to defend only with his left arm in order to avoid any contact and went through stretches where he didn't even want to risk shooting because the follow-through would aggravate the pain.

I know Monty was thrilled that Bridges could play through the pain once they popped the finger back in but I wonder if we wouldn't have been better off making him get it fixed even if he missed a few months. As I recall the injury happened early in the game in that blowout loss to the Warriors in early December so he could easily have had it repaired and returned to form before the postseason began.
Wow. Them some big expectations.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My response? 27, 72, 62, 68, 78, 00, 35, 55. That's the super secret combination to KD's attendance record over the last 8 seasons. Why anyone thinks that won't get worse for a 34 year old following achilles repair is absolutely beyond me.
Looks to me like as he gets further from the injury his games played is trending in the right direction. Oh, and he’s still one of the top 5 in the game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

He said 20 points per game. That would require a 6 point jump.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He said 20 points per game. That would require a 6 point jump.
As I stated he doesn't need a 6 point jump to be considered in great company. 4 would do it and it's more than reasonable if we actually got plays called for him.

Defenses can't just scheme against your 3 if you have CP3, Book and Ayton out there. Easier said than done. Most teams can't lock down more than a position or two on any given night. Opportunity is everything. If you practice plays being called to you verses just being opportunistic most nights, you are bound to increase your scoring.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So basically, around the NBA teams are all saying the same thing. The price for Durant is too high. Not going to pay it. On the flipside, the Nets are saying sorry that is the price. Take it or leave it. Unless the Nets get realistic? Durant is staying put. NOBODY is trading for him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So basically, around the NBA teams are all saying the same thing. The price for Durant is too high. Not going to pay it. On the flipside, the Nets are saying sorry that is the price. Take it or leave it. Unless the Nets get realistic? Durant is staying put. NOBODY is trading for him.

The Nets are living in bizarro world but there is one person that could get this expedited: Kevin Durant. But he’s radio silent right now.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets are living in bizarro world but there is one person that could get this expedited: Kevin Durant. But he’s radio silent right now.
This. KD is going to a contender. PERIOD. None of those teams are going to gut themselves so after they get KD they can't win a title. The Nets are delusional. Kevin might be trying to avoid looking like the bad guy and taking a wait and see approach until the season starts but he could put a TON of pressure on the Nets right now if he wanted. That's likely the only thing that will work. The Nets are standing firm.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that explanation is pretty far fetched. Most people would say Book and Kyler are at pretty similar levels for each league.
No they wouldn’t. Book is a top ten player in the entire league. Kyler is barely a top 10 QB, if that.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Imagine for a moment that Booker said he wanted to be traded to the Celtics, and all Boston was willing to offer was one role player and low draft picks. What would you advise the Suns to do?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Imagine for a moment that Booker said he wanted to be traded to the Celtics, and all Boston was willing to offer was one role player and low draft picks. What would you advise the Suns to do?
Apples and oranges my friend! Book is a 25 year old that just re-upped for a super max deal.

Durant is a 34 year old coming off of injuries.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Guys, this is obvious. Bridges is a Rams fan, and is sad Kyler re-upped. Has nothing to do with getting traded or anything else.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
With everything bogged down in the NBA it's something to keep the conversation alive.

I believe he's just teasing an appearance on a podcast, not anything of actual substance. (Shockingly)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends. If this was an amicable trade verses Booker saying I won't play another game for the Suns.....it would likely change how it was handled.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apples and oranges my friend! Book is a 25 year old that just re-upped for a super max deal.

Durant is a 34 year old coming off of injuries.

Durant just signed an extension last off-season. He has 4 years under contract left. He hasn't indicated he's willing to sit out until he's traded.

KD will be traded for less than the Nets are currently demanding but he'll fetch a lot more than a bunch of role players from the Suns.

If Booker demanded a trade to Boston ans only Boston, as suggested, and all they would give up is garbage then I'd say send him to the highest bidder. You don't bend over and take it though. Bad enough you're losing him, don't lose him for nothing worthwhile in return.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose