Reaction score
KD response.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Show that your a 6 year old without saying that you are a 6 year old."
I have to agree with one aspect. Even though it's mostly the Net's ridiculous demands IMO, KD folded just a week or so after he gave his ultimatum for whatever reason. Not a good look for KD either.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I had to peek in here first to see if it was safe.
Now teams, Media and coaches can start sleeping on us again. I like it better that way.
Now we can also fill our roster make what moves we can.
Jae wants to go to Miami and wants to bring ShameT and Craig with him, what could we get back?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Now teams, Media and coaches can start sleeping on us again. I like it better that way.
Jae wants to go to Miami and wants to bring ShameT and Craig with him, what could we get back?
They don't have much that would work. Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro would be the centerpieces, but their salaries don't work well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with one aspect. Even though it's mostly the Net's ridiculous demands IMO, KD folded just a week or so after he gave his ultimatum for whatever reason. Not a good look for KD either.

Sometimes it's better to live to fight another day.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well yeah it’s Kevin Durant. You don’t trade him for role players and picks.
You don't trade all that for a player who turns 34 and has had injury issues the past two years either. Maybe if he stays healthy, has a great run up to the trade deadline some team will offer more. It's obvious, that teams up to this point were not willing to meet the Nets asking price for a reason.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You don't trade all that for a player who turns 34 and has had injury issues the past two years either. Maybe if he stays healthy, has a great run up to the trade deadline some team will offer more. It's obvious, that teams up to this point were not willing to meet the Nets asking price for a reason.
The asking price was affected by his desire to play in Phoenix. The two original teams mentioned don’t have the goods to acquire him.

So what's your trade package for him... any team.

Pre offer-sheet it would’ve been a future all-star caliber player (Ayton) and one of the twins plus picks. I wouldn’t have done all 3 young guys. For a team like Philly a package of Maxey/Harris with a pick or two but again we don’t know where he’d accept a trade to without being a problem. I think if KD wanted Boston he’d be a Celtic.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pre offer-sheet it would’ve been a future all-star caliber player (Ayton) and one of the twins plus picks. I wouldn’t have done all 3 young guys. For a team like Philly a package of Maxey/Harris with a pick or two but again we don’t know where he’d accept a trade to without being a problem. I think if KD wanted Boston he’d be a Celtic.

Prior to today, if the Nets wanted to compete now, the 76ers and Celtics trades for Durant made a lot of sense.

The Nets could have traded Thybulle for another pick in addition to Maxey.

It's hard to know if the Celtics were serious about trading Jaylen Brown.

If the Suns found a taker for Ayton in a sign-and-trade to their liking, Durant might well be a Sun. The Nets would be hard capped if they traded for Ayton.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex said the Suns would add a superstar, he also said LeBron might be coming to Phoenix this off-season and said that had a higher probability than KD very early in the off-season, he said Ayton was a goner, he said Ayton would be dealt in a sign & trade, he said the Suns weren't likely to match the Indiana offer sheet, and he said a KD deal was imminent.

I can't believe you're still taking up for him but go ahead, do your thing.

That’s not what he said at all.

He said the Suns would find themselves in position to land a star weeks before any news of KD wanting to be traded here broke.

Big difference

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This peace won’t last. Durant demanded Nash’s scalp and now is supposed to play for him. They’re going to fall on their faces out the gate and the trade demand will be back out in the open.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s in the preseason.

Right.

Like he’s just gonna show up and it’s gonna be all good.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Yeah, Flex needs to chill now. That was a major whiff. I’m sure he has connections, but there’s a reason why Shams and Woj operate the way they do. They *maybe* report on 10% of the rumor mill that they hear on a daily basis

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Flex needs to chill now. That was a major whiff. I’m sure he has connections, but there’s a reason why Shams and Woj operate the way they do. They *maybe* report on 10% of the rumor mill that they hear on a daily basis

It would be wise for him to take a lower profile.

Agree, I think he has some connections.

I do give points for people who are willing to stick their neck out. People just wait to blast them when they are wrong.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Worth noting, other than having some petty arguments with people on Twitter, Durant hasn't said squat.

No new backing of the staff, no commitment to the team, not even an affirmation of the Nets statement.

I don't think the hatchet is buried at all. The Nets dug the hole and Durant is going to take a fat dump in it once things get going.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
That would be perfect to get rid of Craig, Shamet, & Crowder all at once but yeah what could they bring back in return? I do like Crowder as bench player but not as a starter because he has no conscience when he not connecting on those 3's but he'll keep chucking them up regardless & he is not rebounding well for the team . And Crowder would never accept being a rotation player now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be perfect to get rid of Craig, Shamet, & Crowder all at once but yeah what could they bring back in return? I do like Crowder as bench player but not as a starter because he has no conscience when he not connecting on those 3's but he'll keep chucking them up regardless & he is not rebounding well for the team . And Crowder would never accept being a rotation player now.

The Suns have some expiring contracts that have value, but mostly as filler in a trade. If draft picks are attached, they have even more value.

The problem is, unless second round picks suffice, the Suns may save their first round picks for another chance at trading for Durant, or another trade, later in the season.

Of course, if the Suns trade Ayton when eligible, around January 15th, they might recoup some of those assets.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
The Suns have some expiring contracts that have value, but mostly as filler in a trade. If draft picks are attached, they have even more value.

The problem is, unless second round picks suffice, the Suns may save their first round picks for another chance at trading for Durant, or another trade, later in the season.

Of course, if the Suns trade Ayton when eligible, around January 15th, they might recoup some of those assets.
Yeah this time I'm hoping Ayton plays his a** off, plays to his actual potential and cause the Suns to keep him. But the Suns may just want some equal value for him because Myles Turner wasn't.
So do we trade for Durant a try to recoup the loss assets in other deals?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was a productive thread. I'm glad I bailed on the speculation after it dragged past a couple weeks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah this time I'm hoping Ayton plays his a** off, plays to his actual potential and cause the Suns to keep him. But the Suns may just want some equal value for him because Myles Turner wasn't.
So do we trade for Durant a try to recoup the loss assets in other deals?

I hope Deandre turns into the player the Suns wanted him to be when they drafted him and he removes any question about it.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm out on Durant after all this bs. He's old and injury prone, for me it was now or never. Time to move on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson