The Durant Sweepstakes

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
This might be the deal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's not too bad if this is correct.
Yeah, not bad at all. But I don't see any mention of draft picks or swaps. I wonder if it would just be straight up players, or minimal movement of picks.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not bad at all. But I don't see any mention of draft picks or swaps. I wonder if it would just be straight up players, or minimal movement of picks.
Oh I would imagine there'd be a lot of picks moving in that deal.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't forget that Royce O'Neal trade. I'm assuming the trade has not been made official which means that's $9.2m that Utah has already sent to Brooklyn that could be part of the trade.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
That’s basically my proposal from earlier. Mitchell to Brooklyn and Simmons/Ayton to Utah. Assuming Bridges is in the deal I’m keeping picks beyond 2026 (KD’s last year).

Raindog

Reaction score
Oh I would imagine there'd be a lot of picks moving in that deal.
I'm not so sure. That's a lot of freaking players going to both Utah and Brooklyn, and everyone is getting some pretty high quality guys. I'm not really seeing where the addition of many picks is warranted. Maybe we send out a couple future picks or options to swap, but on the face of it, that looks like a pretty fair haul for everyone.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Don't forget that Royce O'Neal trade. I'm assuming the trade has not been made official which means that's $9.2m that Utah has already sent to Brooklyn that could be part of the trade.

It is official. The team couldn’t announce it if it wasn’t 100% done.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. That's a lot of freaking players going to both Utah and Brooklyn, and everyone is getting some pretty high quality guys. I'm not really seeing where the addition of many picks is warranted. Maybe we send out a couple future picks or options to swap, but on the face of it, that looks like a pretty fair haul for everyone.
In the end though we'd add Durant and Clarkson while jettisoning a few (mildly negative) contracts for Ayton and CamJ. That seems too good to be true. I'm all for it though, obviously we'd much rather keep our picks if possible even if JJ doesn't value the draft as much as some of us wish he would.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It is official. The team couldn’t announce it if it wasn’t 100% done.

Deals can be amended. It's happened before. Just last season with Lonzo Ball and DeMar DeRozen. That ended up being a huge sign and trade rather than straight signings.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't imagine Brooklyn getting 4 firsts and 3 swaps from us and also getting Mitchell in the same deal. What would be a fair trade value-wise if Utah was trading directly with Brooklyn? Maybe Mitchell and maybe 2 picks max for Durant?

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Deals can be amended. It's happened before. Just last season with Lonzo Ball and DeMar DeRozen. That ended up being a huge sign and trade rather than straight signings.

I could be wrong (it’s not that rare), but I thought deals that were agreed upon could be amended, but once the league office made it official then it was done.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This might be the deal.

It's not too bad if this is correct.
As much as I hate giving up cam Johnson, if we don’t give up a single first round pick and we get clarkson I think that deal is a big win for us.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Brooklyn sending kd and Simmons for essentially Mitchell, bogdanovich and garbage would seem to warrant picks. Utah actually comes outta that nicely with three young talented players.

Raindog

Reaction score
If this is the legit scenario, I would guess we maybe send a pick or two to Brooklyn, maybe an option to swap one or two, and Utah sends a pick or two to the Nets, as they have a bunch from the Minny trade.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I could be wrong (it’s not that rare), but I thought deals that were agreed upon could be amended, but once the league office made it official then it was done.

That's true but right now the league office can't make anything official. We have to wait until July 6th, I believe, for the moratorium to end. Right now it's all agreed in principle but not official. Teams and player can back out but it's rare. One of the most well recent cases was Markieff Morris agreeing to a deal with San Antonio during the moratorium and then signing with the Knicks instead, just a few years ago.

Trades are usually followed through with, even though more parties are involved, because undoing them entirely burns bridges and no one wants to do that unless they have to. They can easily amend deals though, happened with Lonzo Ball last off-season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't imagine Brooklyn getting 4 firsts and 3 swaps from us and also getting Mitchell in the same deal. What would be a fair trade value-wise if Utah was trading directly with Brooklyn? Maybe Mitchell and maybe 2 picks max for Durant?

It's tough to say since Minnesota helped poison the market by giving up 4 firsts for Gobert. That is the trade equivalent to the MPJ max deal in Denver last off-season. One bad deal can really influence the market negatively for everyone else.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have no idea how this works. I just know somehow we will get KD.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's tough to say since Minnesota helped poison the market by giving up 4 firsts for Gobert. That is the trade equivalent to the MPJ max deal in Denver last off-season. One bad deal can really influence the market negatively for everyone else.
Yeah, but Minnesota wasn't giving up an All-NBA player like Mitchell. Also factor in KDs age. I could understand the boat load of picks going to Brooklyn if they were getting Ayton and Cam, but they would be getting a young All NBA player.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm worried about defense and shooting. If we give up Ayton and one of Bridges or Johnson, how do we compensate?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard