The D-Line & O-Line Thread

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
B.J. Green deciding to stay was a big deal, too. The DL should be a decent unit. I'm excited to see the transfer from OU, Clayton Smith, too.

For sure, I think there is going to be a bit of a log jam at the Edge position. Lots of fresh bodies though.

Clayton Smith, the 4 star transfer from Oklahoma, is going to be one of the guys to watch out for. He is one hungry dude and in this attacking defensive scheme, he is going to be in the backfield a lot.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
ASU lineman looking bigger and stronger this season.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Through Spring practice, the DT that was turning heads was incoming freshman CJ Fite. He will be contending for a spot in the starting line up.

I didn't hear anything about Michigan State transfer DT DeShaun Mallory and thought at one point he wasn't transferring after all, I don't think he was here for Spring ball.
But he is there now and people are saying good things about him.

Here is a piece I found on Youtube for some background

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I changed the thread title to both D and O lines.

Anyway, good new article on the experience level of the O line

These guys will off course still need to learn how to play together despite all their experience.

And the loss of Coleman to injury was huge, that guy was going to be one of our best lineman.

But still, pass me some Kool-Aid!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This 300 pound DT previously transferred to ASU, but just was awarded a scholarship since he is kicking some A in Fall camp.

Coach Amey sounds pretty excited about this D Line group. Sounds like Mallory and Cooper, who is moving inside, will probably be the primary DT's, with CJ Fite and and Benjamin and maybe Monday and Brooks will be rotating in as well. BJ Green moved out to Edge, but will probably see some time on the inside as well. Maybe Matus as well, since the Edge position is so stacked.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I really like the new O line coach...

Sounds like Joey Ramos is a little banged up, no details though

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Positive development but I don't know if that means this year or next

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The OL is an absolute mess. I really hope this recruiting staff can get more OL (quality and quantity) in here. Many of us felt like success this season ride on the OL and guess what…the OL is probably the single unit bringing this season to its horrible ending. Injuries have been terrible but the quality of the players is questionable

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The OL is an absolute mess. I really hope this recruiting staff can get more OL (quality and quantity) in here. Many of us felt like success this season ride on the OL and guess what…the OL is probably the single unit bringing this season to its horrible ending. Injuries have been terrible but the quality of the players is questionable
Check out the new depth chart. Ramos listed as possible starter in 2 different positions. Max I. Who filled in last week is now injured. And Coleman who was supposed to be coming back next month Is liste as out for the year.