The culture needs to be changed.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
The last 2 weeks after noticing Dhop wasn’t attending these road trips after supposedly getting hurt, he’s gotta go!

He’s a great player but imo he’s part of the culture problem this franchise had & it’s started several years back. Guys like Budda (fractured shoulder), Zach Allen (broken hand) Byron Murphy (back), Hudson (back) etc have traveled to support their teammates pretty much all season & yet Dhop can’t or will not for whatever reason? Gimme a break. Outside of Kyler & his knee surgery or anyone else with an ACL you better be there.

You’re with all in with your team or your out! I think he’s made it quite clear. Trade his ass. If you want to change the culture, you have to change the mindset of everyone in your organization

Reactions: PJ1

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The last 2 weeks after noticing Dhop wasn’t attending these road trips after supposedly getting hurt, he’s gotta go!

He’s a great player but imo he’s part of the culture problem this franchise had & it’s started several years back. Guys like Budda (fractured shoulder), Zach Allen (broken hand) Byron Murphy (back), Hudson (back) etc have traveled to support their teammates pretty much all season & yet Dhop can’t or will not for whatever reason? Gimme a break. Outside of Kyler & his knee surgery or anyone else with an ACL you better be there.

You’re with all in with your team or your out! I think he’s made it quite clear. Trade his ass. If you want to change the culture, you have to change the mindset of everyone in your organization
Couldn’t agree more. Exactly why we better go outside with our Coaching & FO hires. Anything less & it’s the same old Cardinals. If MB butchers this opportunity, he will sit right alongside his Daddy as one of, if not, the worst owners in the NFL.

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more. Exactly why we better go outside with our Coaching & FO hires. Anything less & it’s the same old Cardinals. If MB butchers this opportunity, he will sit right alongside his Daddy as one of, if not, the worst owners in the NFL.
Yep agree 100%. This is the best chance Michael has a chance to get back to where he once was perceived by most fans when he first really took control & had some winning seasons. Huge ramifications if he does indeed not make major changes throughout. His name & legacy is at stake starting tomorrow.

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He is easily in the top 3 of worst owners in the NFL.

Just got lucky with signing unwanted Hall of Famers like Kurt Warner and Big Bad Bruce Arians.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vance/AW promotions = Coach Mac/Graves promotions.

Worked great last time, so what could possibly go wrong this time?!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bad cultures are ones that let a Top-3 WR walk out because of reasons outlined above.

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Reaction score
Bad cultures are ones that let a Top-3 WR walk out because of reasons outlined above.
Wrong. He’s clearly drew a line in the sand he wants out. is he truly hurt, or just quitting on his teammates? It’s a bad look when every other player that has been hurt has traveled with the team to the next game. There’s nothing physically keeping him from traveling!!!

This will be the second time he’s basically bailed on his team during bad times. It’s a bad look despite his talent. Dhop’s &!the coaches handeling of this is exactly what’s wrong with this culture throughout the franchise. So yes he’s part of the problem imo. It’s a piss poor mindset

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Reaction score
Vance/AW promotions = Coach Mac/Graves promotions.

Worked great last time, so what could possibly go wrong this time?!
Agreed but my whole point of the post is about Dhop & the coddling of certain players. The tone for the season was set before we even played a game. I Still say as an athlete you ride out the storm in bad times. Adversity breaks some & others thrive during it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed but my whole point of the post is about Dhop & the coddling of certain players. The tone for the season was set before we even played a game. I Still say as an athlete you ride out the storm in bad times. Adversity breaks some & others thrive during it.
Nothing I said disagreed with any of the above Buck.

Hop’s got great skills, but he’s a diva WR who never really endeared himself to me. Dude’s not a leader, has already been shown to be a cheater, between injuries/suspensions has now missed 16 games the last two seasons and is getting on in years. Let’s not make the same stupid mistakes we did letting PP and CJ walk for nothing. If they can get good value for him, I’ve got no problem with a NEW GM making that move. Better to trade a year early and get a return on investment instead of watching him walk for nothing two years down the road.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Nothing I said disagreed with any of the above Buck.

Hop’s got great skills, but he’s a diva WR who never really endeared himself to me. Dude’s not a leader, has already been shown to be a cheater, between injuries/suspensions has now missed 16 games the last two seasons and is getting on in years. Let’s not make the same stupid mistakes we did letting PP and CJ walk for nothing. If they can get good value for him, I’ve got no problem with a NEW GM making that move. Better to trade a year early and get a return on investment instead of watching him walk for nothing two years down the road.
he is all out of guaranteed cash and that suspension hit him for a third of this years salary....dude wants another payday and he knows he wont get it here for a while. with age and possibly declining skills over that time..selling high is in his best interest.
Im cool with it...get some draft picks.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Culture change is needed and that starts by firing the HC. Teams take on their HC's personality and that's what the Cards have done with KK.
Look at the change in Detroit under Campbell. Btw, Campbell is the guy I wanted when Kliff, or maybe it was when Wilks was hired, was inexplicably given the job.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's hard for me to ever remember seeing our head coach on the side lines without him having his play card buried in front of his face. He always seemed oblivious to what was going on around him.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most definitely need a change in culture. That starts with the HC and GM. Then move on from the players who feel they are above the team.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Once DHop bailed and didn't show up for Xmas pics, I knew the writing was on the wall for him.

The ironic thing is the team seemed to stand by him (don't know about contract) during his PED suspension in the way PP21 wished they would have.

I also wonder if Kliff making comments about being a players coach got to DHop like Kliff was singling him out.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It seems as if we brought in a mix of divas and “high character players” but aren’t totally sure which is which. Our new GM will have to separate the two personality traits and improve his hits vs. misses batting average.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bidwill is the culture.

No coach or GM can win here with consistency when owner has weekly meetings with head coach and GM separately and commanding football operations.

Bidwill is poor Jerry Jones without the business intelligence or money of Jerry Jones.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Yes, we start by blaming all the ills of the team on our head coach hired on a wing and a prayer, and fired in the middle of his contract. Then you go after your gm who has admitted he has a problem and is in the process of getting help for it. The guy is down, so lets give him a kick in the groin. Then you dump the best player on your offense for thinking the team is exactly what they are. How dare him.

After all that, then you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about.

TJ

Reaction score
Wrong. He’s clearly drew a line in the sand he wants out. is he truly hurt, or just quitting on his teammates? It’s a bad look when every other player that has been hurt has traveled with the team to the next game. There’s nothing physically keeping him from traveling!!!

This will be the second time he’s basically bailed on his team during bad times. It’s a bad look despite his talent. Dhop’s &!the coaches handeling of this is exactly what’s wrong with this culture throughout the franchise. So yes he’s part of the problem imo. It’s a piss poor mindset

Replace D-Hop with Kyler and you're describing the same person to a "T." Are we looking to move Kyler for those reasons or work with him with new leadership. IF you think you can get a king's ransom in a trade with another team and you're comfortable with the WR room, sure. Make the move. But you don't make a move because you're sad he didnt make the trip to ATL and SF because of injury. Plus, I hate hypothetical constructs. When Carson Palmer tore his ACL, few were upset about him not being on the sidelines. Who gives a **** who's there?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Replace D-Hop with Kyler and you're describing the same person to a "T." Are we looking to move Kyler for those reasons or work with him with new leadership. IF you think you can get a king's ransom in a trade with another team and you're comfortable with the WR room, sure. Make the move. But you don't make a move because you're sad he didnt make the trip to ATL and SF because of injury. Plus, I hate hypothetical constructs. When Carson Palmer tore his ACL, few were upset about him not being on the sidelines. Who gives a **** who's there?
Murray traveled with the team, during previous games missed due to injury. Not having a knee probably kept him home this time around.

TJ

Reaction score
Murray traveled with the team, during previous games missed due to injury. Not having a knee probably kept him home this time around.
I really dont care and dont look into it. There are many reasons players dont travel beyond being disgruntled. Plus, even if there is an issue, a new coach can easily refine that. For a receiver of his caliber, you meet him at his level. D-Hop isnt Terrell Owens

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes, we start by blaming all the ills of the team on our head coach hired on a wing and a prayer, and fired in the middle of his contract. Then you go after your gm who has admitted he has a problem and is in the process of getting help for it. The guy is down, so lets give him a kick in the groin. Then you dump the best player on your offense for thinking the team is exactly what they are. How dare him.

After all that, then you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about.
Sissy’s right. All is well! You didn’t just experience a 4-13 season with too many disasters with both personnel and front office and coaches to enumerate.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose