The Coronavirus and the NFL Thread - P&R Light

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This is going to be a very interesting season with a high likelihood that many impact players will be out 2+ weeks while being quarantined and recovering from the virus.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is going to be a very interesting season with a high likelihood that many impact players will be out 2+ weeks while being quarantined and recovering from the virus.
It makes it to where I expect it to be a broken ass season. Especially for fantasy. I'm iffy on even running my league. Losing your buy in because both your quarterbacks get it at the same time would be fristrating

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
We will all get it

I have come to that acceptance as well. Unless we shut down forever. NBA players are turning in other NBA players on a “snitch” hotline for leaving “the bubble” to get takeout food. This needs to stop at some point. Notice that there are 130,000 deaths so far and not a single athlete in the MLB, NBA, NFL or NHL. Let them play. With or without fans in the stadium

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the virus hit an obese lineman or someone with the diabetes isn't a easy fight
Obese NFL offensive linemen are still far healthier than tge average human. Obviously there are people with real reasons to be quarantine but that no reason to shut the country down.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Obese NFL offensive linemen are still far healthier than tge average human. Obviously there are people with real reasons to be quarantine but that no reason to shut the country down.

You want to end the shutdown; want to see football in the Fall?

Quite simple and it has been tested around the world: wear a mask and maintain a metre of distance.

Frankly, the NFL could help tremendously if they implemented an advertising program using the league stars.

"Want to see football in September.... wear a mask'.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have come to that acceptance as well. Unless we shut down forever. NBA players are turning in other NBA players on a “snitch” hotline for leaving “the bubble” to get takeout food. This needs to stop at some point. Notice that there are 130,000 deaths so far and not a single athlete in the MLB, NBA, NFL or NHL. Let them play. With or without fans in the stadium

there’s an entire world and country upon country upon country outside the US the says proves you don’t have shutdown forever to get control of this thing.

wake up from the xenophobic dreamworld where America is the only country that exists on planet earth.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
there’s an entire world and country upon country upon country outside the US the says proves you don’t have shutdown forever to get control of this thing.

wake up from the xenophobic dreamworld where America is the only country that exists on planet earth.

Like Sweden who never shut down at all and is doing fine

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Sweden is not doing fine in comparison to its immediate neighbours and trusting in Herd immunity seems to be in error. Large studies (61k in Spain, for example) show that antibodies dissipate as soon as two weeks.

Sweden's death toll per 100,000 is now five times that in neighbouring Denmark, according to Johns Hopkins University data.

Also, while it kept open it did recommend social distancing and now masks.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this is beyond stupid and completely ignores facts. they have the highest death rate in the world and their government had to completely turn tail and completely revise what they were doing.

come back to planet Earth. Your ignorance is contributing to people dying by the 1000s in our country.

https://www.eureporter.co/frontpage...T3pOmXzWabXCeqI1whxs04gNTN_3oIKW9LLurHCBziM3W

https://www.worldpoliticsreview.com/articles/28759/the-swedish-model-is-a-failure-not-a-panacea

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/business/sweden-economy-coronavirus.html

in addition to this, the swedes actually believe in science and have a society in much greater numbers than our dumb-poo populsce does, practiced much more social distancing, and self-isolated without government action in numbers that our country never would have... and still isn't. and all that said, their economy has still contracted by 4%, their unemployment has gone up 25% from 7 to 9% and they ain't getting better any time soon.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
You want to end the shutdown; want to see football in the Fall?

Quite simple and it has been tested around the world: wear a mask and maintain a metre of distance.

Frankly, the NFL could help tremendously if they implemented an advertising program using the league stars.

"Want to see football in September.... wear a mask'.

Shouldn't that be 2 metres? Just saying. :D I do agree though, way too many knotheads here in the states who refuse to follow some simple guidelines. The problem is here it has become a political thing, not a safety/prevention thing.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Sweden is not doing fine in comparison to its immediate neighbours and trusting in Herd immunity seems to be in error. Large studies (61k in Spain, for example) show that antibodies dissipate as soon as two weeks.

Sweden's death toll per 100,000 is now five times that in neighbouring Denmark, according to Johns Hopkins University data.

Also, while it kept open it did recommend social distancing and now masks.

From everything I read, the Sweden experiment was a failure.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a right wing lie Sweden did have a partial shut down. But they’re not doing fine their infection rate and the death rate are approaching that of Spain and Italy it’s one of the top five highest in the world.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shouldn't that be 2 metres? Just saying. :D I do agree though, way too many knotheads here in the states who refuse to follow some simple guidelines. The problem is here it has become a political thing, not a safety/prevention thing.

I said one metre in deference to American Exceptionalism. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose