The Cardinals Are Trash

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Funny enough, I said that Kyler Murray's play was starting to remind me of Jake Plummer to someone today. But honestly, I almost feel like that team had more heart.

Although, that team wasn't mired in hopelessness like we'd signed all of the problems to six more years of this. I'm almost getting uninterested in the sport, when I used to be the most passionate person about football that existed.
With Plummer you felt he would comeback late. Not with this team And the turtle offense.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In order to break the losing streak, it's time for you to stop going to games!!

j/k
We stopped going to road games after we had the lead in both games with exactly 2:37 left only to lose. The Super Bowl in Tampa and the Titans game the following season (same calendar year).

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
We stopped going to road games after we had the lead in both games with exactly 2:37 left only to lose. The Super Bowl in Tampa and the Titans game the following season (same calendar year).
Well don’t start back on those roadies or we’ll never win again considering our home field disadvantage lol

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Harry, think back. Way back to last week. :)
Jake Plummer had more 4th quarter comebacks by the end of his second season than Kyler has had through last week.

I'm down on this team, but also we literally came back from multiple scores to win last week.
Sure, but generally we crumble under Kyler.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Solar7, my post was NOT about JP. It had to do with Harry's assertion that this team doesn't come back, or something to that effect. Jake Plummer was often compared to Silky Sullivan.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree with this as well. Predictable and repetitive does not always equal ineffective. This is why I believe that Kyler makes the offense looks worse than it really is even if it may not be the innovative scheme it was billed to be.
Right since Kliffys scheme has a track record of success…ever? This simply is not an NFL scheme and will never have NFL success.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
But it’s mostly Kyler’s fault on the handful of freezes screen grabs message board posters out on here. We could literally do screen grabs for every QB in the game of “wide open”, the better option to throw to players every Sunday. The fact is I see WIDE open schemed WRs open every game w the teams that are playing well - BUF/Miami.. making it far easier for the QB. These teams are also getting consistent chunk plays as it’s not these little 5-10 yard come back routes or out routes.. ran over and over again. These schemes also get your QB in rhythm and get his confidence going.

This is not a Kyler can do no wrong post.. he could have made a number of better decisions, progressions on Sunday. There were SIX official drops on Sunday ? How much successful would have our team been on Sunday with a few select screen grabs VS what should have happened a completely diff offensive strategy/play calling? That is what should ultimately be looked at.

We aren’t winning the game w the 3-4 screen grabs.. the play calling still was going to be what it was on the next set of downs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jake Plummer had more 4th quarter comebacks by the end of his second season than Kyler has had through last week.

Sure, but generally we crumble under Kyler.

This is what concerns me the most. All the things that are wrong are fixable. Except Kyler.

I just don't think you can fix a guy in year 4 who is making such basic mistakes with pre snap and post snap reads.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I still expect an improvement, even though it might not happen until D Hop returns. And for all our defensive problems (no denying them), since the first game and against two VG QB's (Carr, Stafford) we have allowed, on average, one rushing TD and one passing TD, and held the opposition to less than 25 points. Remember, patience is a virtue. :)

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Idk. I just think he gets shook and retreats to his safety net. Either he gets shook or he thinks Kyler is shook and tries to go back to the basics to get a rhythm going.

TBF, glass half full, maybe Kliff/Kyler are just guys who need stacked talent. I know someone will bring up the 49ers and Seahawks games, but as you said some of that was a blunder by the 49ers.

Here's hoping talent for the scheme = great success when Hopkins and Moore are back.
I’m sorry, but it’s painfully obvious that KK’s system is handcuffing Kyler now. The play calling is just horrendous. Now that teams completely understand his dink & dunk schemes, it’s nearly impossible to run an offense without more than 1 good WR. Add the fact that we are dropping 6 balls EVERY week & it gets way too predictable. Hop is an absolute necessity because Kyler can count on him to almost always make critical 3rd catches to extend drives. Even Ertz dropped passes. We can criticize Murray all we want, but without the drops, we score at least 2 touchdowns in that game, and he throws for 400 yards. My only criticism of Murray right now, is that he HAS TO run more. Taking his legs out of the equation makes this already pathetically predictable offense even more predictable. KK, this really isn’t rocket science.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Stafford hit those 2 bombs we get blown out! Kupp dropped a TD. Our defense very easily could’ve gave up 24 at the half! Just sayin
See we can’t do this for the other team and then get trashed for it when we do this for our team. Last year in the playoffs the deep bomb from the end zone could have been completed and if so we could have won because the whole mood of that game changes.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You guys treat this like crazy. It’s like you see a gorgeous girl and you tell yourself you have no shot to get her and then you walk up and ask her to dance and she says no. Then you go off on her acting like she is trash because she said no even though 60 seconds earlier you said you had no shot. Lol. We lost to 2 really good teams. Who we all thought we would lose too anyway Period. We were 10-1 last year and got no where. Let’s see where we are after our players get back and our schedule gets easier

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys treat this like crazy. It’s like you see a gorgeous girl and you tell yourself you have no shot to get her and then you walk up and ask her to dance and she says no. Then you go off on her acting like she is trash because she said no even though 60 seconds earlier you said you had no shot. Lol. We lost to 2 really good teams. Who we all thought we would lose too anyway Period. We were 10-1 last year and got no where. Let’s see where we are after our players get back and our schedule gets easier
Um, have you actually watched any of the games...time mismanagement, blown tackles, dropped passes, incorrect reads, lack of urgency, poor blocking, no pass rush, etc etc etc

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose