The Book Of Eli (prequel series)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Hollywood needs to quit it with the prequels already. It's hard to get excited for the events of the movie/show when you know the ultimate outcome of it all. How can I really get super exited for anything in say the Star Wars shows when all roads lead to Jake Skywalker? There's few characters across all of cinema that need their backstory fully fleshed out. Most are better off left with some mystery.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hollywood needs to quit it with the prequels already. It's hard to get excited for the events of the movie/show when you know the ultimate outcome of it all. How can I really get super exited for anything in say the Star Wars shows when all roads lead to Jake Skywalker? There's few characters across all of cinema that need their backstory fully fleshed out. Most are better off left with some mystery.
Case in point - a Han Solo prequel was not needed whatsoever. Han had a great character arc in the original Star Wars trilogy.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Case in point - a Han Solo prequel was not needed whatsoever. Han had a great character arc in the original Star Wars trilogy.
I enjoyed it, I thought it was one of the better movies Star Wars has put out in recent years.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think an even stronger example was the Obi-Wan series. I enjoyed the story, but talk about absolutely zero stakes as far as Leia or Ben.

"Gee, I really hope they manage to survive this perilous predicament!" :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think an even stronger example was the Obi-Wan series. I enjoyed the story, but talk about absolutely zero stakes as far as Leia or Ben.

"Gee, I really hope they manage to survive this perilous predicament!" :rolleyes:
My point with Han. For him to start out as a scoundrel in Star Wars he needs to be a scoundrel at the end of any prequel so where is the character growth or arc going to come from...?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
My point with Han. For him to start out as a scoundrel in Star Wars he needs to be a scoundrel at the end of any prequel so where is the character growth or arc going to come from...?
I really liked Solo.

It wasn't about fleshing out Han so much as going back and seeing the stories as they happened. Seeing the Kessel run...the first meeting with Chewie...it was awesome