The Ayton Plan

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your comment makes no sense. How am I projecting? I have no control over teams salary caps. There might be teams telling WOJ they think he is a max player but that doesn't translate into anything real world if you don't have cap space. I didn't question that there might team telling WOJ they think Ayton is a max player. However, it's easy to put your opinion out there with other people's money.

Who are these teams that have the cap space to make an offer sheet to Ayton?

Idk all I can tell you is what Woj said

Go tell him he doesn’t know the NBA as well as you

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without Ayton the Suns go to a play-in team per ESPN announcer. Ouch.

The Clippers are loaded. At least 11 deep with players who can start.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk all I can tell you is what Woj said

Go tell him he doesn’t know the NBA as well as you
Finito you are talking out of your backside. LISTEN TO WHAT I AM SAYING. I am not disputing what teams might be telling WOJ. I didn't say I know the NBA as well.

Your deflection is pathetic. I am asking what teams have the cap space to sign Ayton to an offer sheet outside the Knicks? That is what I am asking. Detroit just cannibalized their cap space. The Knicks cleared a bunch of room but they are going after Brunson. That's all I am asking.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just what I need. Ugh.
Finito you are talking out of your backside. LISTEN TO WHAT I AM SAYING. I am not disputing what teams might be telling WOJ. I didn't say I know the NBA as well.

Your deflection is pathetic. I am asking what teams have the cap space to sign Ayton to an offer sheet outside the Knicks? That is what I am asking. Detroit just cannibalized their cap space. The Knicks cleared a bunch of room but they are going after Brunson.

I’m not deflecting anything. All I can tell is what guys are saying. How is this hard for you. I’m not saying they are saying it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not deflecting anything. All I can tell is what guys are saying. How is this hard for you. I’m not saying they are saying it.
You accused me of projecting, knowing more than WOJ blah blah. I wasn't doing any of that which is deflecting. I was asking which teams have the cap space to sign Ayton to an offer sheet. That's it.

Only one of us is having a hard time with comprehension right now.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Without Ayton the Suns go to a play-in team per ESPN announcer. Ouch.

The Clippers are loaded. At least 11 deep with players who can start.

With a broken 47 year old CP3. We sit 9.5 over the cap without Ayton right now so signing him or taking back money kills any room for moves.

We got a lot of money I’d rather move Shamet, Saric, Crowder, Payne and Craig all bring pretty much nothing. That should be where we are focused

Fun.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You accused me of projecting, knowing more than WOJ blah blah. I wasn't doing any of that which is deflecting. I was asking which teams have the cap space to sign Ayton to an offer sheet. That's it.

Only one of us is having a hard time with comprehension right now.

Yup

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a broken 47 year old CP3. We sit 9.5 over the cap without Ayton right now so signing him or taking back money kills any room for moves.

We got a lot of money I’d rather move Shamet, Saric, Crowder, Payne and Craig all bring pretty much nothing. That should be where we are focused

Fun.

These guys don't have a lot of value unless draft picks are attached or they are used in a trade for a high salary player.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
There’s been whispers since HS that Ayton thinks he’s playing hard. I think there’s a difference between laziness and thinking you’re going all out. Probably some innocent-level delusion in DA’s head. Factor in the lack of sleep stuff maybe contributing to that and they’re probably just ready to move on.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s been whispers since HS that Ayton thinks he’s playing hard. I think there’s a difference between laziness and thinking you’re going all out. Probably some innocent-level delusion in DA’s head. Factor in the lack of sleep stuff maybe contributing to that and they’re probably just ready to move on.

Haven't you heard, he's Dominayton the competition!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These guys don't have a lot of value unless draft picks are attached or they are used in a trade for a high salary player.

Knicks look like they are going full rebuild they’ve now got 22 picks over the next 7 years

Would you do

Knicks get: Jae Crowder, Dario 2 #1s

Suns get: Julius Randle

Knicks get picks and expiring contracts to use as filler if they want to take a swing

Randle is on a pretty good deal he’s gonna make 23 million next year.

Resign Ayton

Now you have a major upgrade at your weakest spot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s not about that. If he signs with a team then you have to take what that team wants to give you

If you match and hold him hostage then you have a lame duck situation in the locker room.

The way this has been handled is amateur hour at its finest
I mean a player with any integrity still plays. Look at Eric Gordon back when we signed him and it was matched. He asked them not to match and they did. Didn’t become lame duck.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't get this take at all. All the teams that could have been involved in a sign and trade backed away. That doesn't scream several teams. The only team that seemingly put forward a serious gesture was Detroit and they were not offering a Superstar in return but then backed away after their draft. So, in essence they went with a rookie overpaying Ayton the max.

The Knicks are the only team left with enough cap room to sign Ayton to an offer sheet for close to what he is asking for and they are clearing that space for Brunson. I ask again. Who are these teams?
It’s possible for a team to create space to sign aytonbut we aren’t seeing that happen. Could happen once pieces start moving, but I’m growing more skeptical.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean a player with any integrity still plays. Look at Eric Gordon back when we signed him and it was matched. He asked them not to match and they did. Didn’t become lame duck.

Oh sure he’s still going to play but how do you build chemistry when you pretty much know there going to try and deal him at the deadline

Plus Cam Johnson unless he’s signed this offseason will be looking at the same situation next year and wondering what his situation is.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knicks look like they are going full rebuild they’ve now got 22 picks over the next 7 years

Would you do

Knicks get: Jae Crowder, Dario 2 #1s

Suns get: Julius Randle

Knicks get picks and expiring contracts to use as filler if they want to take a swing

Randle is on a pretty good deal he’s gonna make 23 million next year.

Resign Ayton

Now you have a major upgrade at your weakest spot.

I'd do it. The Suns front court gets better. Hopefully one first round pick would get it done.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh sure he’s still going to play but how do you build chemistry when you pretty much know there going to try and deal him at the deadline

Plus Cam Johnson unless he’s signed this offseason will be looking at the same situation next year and wondering what his situation is.
Other than the rumors about Ayton and Paul this team all seemed to like one and other and have played together long enough that chemistry shouldn’t be an issue.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s possible for a team to create space to sign aytonbut we aren’t seeing that happen. Could happen once pieces start moving, but I’m growing more skeptical.
It's possible. There could be someone telling WOJ that they are going to make some space to try and get Ayton. But the comment above was multiple teams. I am skeptical as well because most of the moves we are seeing are canabalizing their cap space (except for the Knicks).

I will be curious to see if WOJ actually names teams doing this or like you I am highly skeptical.

Also, to be clear? I am talking about Teams having enough cap space to make an offer the Suns have to match. When it comes to sign and trades it's alot more complex because all the moving parts (players) makes it hard to determine unless we have names.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose