The Abs Diet - the best way to eat and exercise

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of you out there are doing Atkins, and not sure what happened to the weight-loss thread, but Atkins is bad, and I'm finding out more about it.

Anyways, I saw this new way to eat and exercise called "The Abs Diet" from Men's Health, and it is great. I've researched some of it, asked some of the guys I know who are in good shape, and they all say this book is basically following the right ways to eat.

You can read about it on menshealth.com, and I reccommend you buy the book too. I just read it last night, and it's pretty freaking amazing how bad some things are for you.

This diet is great, and it's making me feel better alraedy. The guy actually says it's not really "a diet", but more of a way you should always eat...because it's the right way.

Lots of us are eating things we think are good, but they contain Trans Fat, which can kill you. This way of eating not only tells you about that, but has you eat things which make you healthier and live longer.

The fact that I'm eating spinach on my sandwhiches is a testament to this thing...the foods are just so good for you.

Almonds, oatmeal, eggs, fruits, berries, peanut butter, beans, protein, dairy...it's great.

It focuses on losing fat everywhere, but you'll lose a lot from the abs region, and will be able to work out and actually see a six-pack eventually. The fact is, having a six-pack looks good to women, etc., but it's also a symbol of being healthy, and a strong abdomen helps your entire body be stronger.

Anyways, it's very interesting, and it just feels like the right thing to do. If you guys want to check it out, look up that site, it's on the frontpage...also check out the forums.

I wouldn't mind doing this with some of you guys, and keeping track of our progress.

Mike

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You can't decide where you'll lose your fat...so calling it an "abs diet" is kind of misleading.... Eating more "natural" foods is usually the way to go... people who say carbs are bad are eating the wrong carbs.... I've had six pack abs but I have to say being that low in fat may not actually be that healthy for many people... For many guys they need to get as low as 5% bf to really have cut abs and for most guys %9 bf is much healthier for them...

The thing I don't like about Men's Health is they have to keep reinventing the wheel so they'll have articles every month and sometimes they bring up diets that aren't that great because they need a new one to keep their magazine interesting...

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
You can't decide where you'll lose your fat...so calling it an "abs diet" is kind of misleading.... Eating more "natural" foods is usually the way to go... people who say carbs are bad are eating the wrong carbs.... I've had six pack abs but I have to say being that low in fat may not actually be that healthy for many people... For many guys they need to get as low as 5% bf to really have cut abs and for most guys %9 bf is much healthier for them...

The thing I don't like about Men's Health is they have to keep reinventing the wheel so they'll have articles every month and sometimes they bring up diets that aren't that great because they need a new one to keep their magazine interesting...

This isn't just an article, it's a book as well, by the Editor-in-Chief of Men's Health, who combined everything they know about healthy eating into one diet.

Anyways, obviously you can't decide WHERE you'll lose the fat, but men put on the fat in their abs area, hence the beer guts.

If you take off fat, and build muscle, it's obvious that A LOT is going to come off the abdomen area...

Mike

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
yeah right now I seem to be getting more in the love handles... I know how to get get in really good shape... If you want to be exact about it... just get your bf% checked every week, eat natural foods... about a 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per body weight... try to keep fat fairly low and eat good carbs... raise and lower calories/ raise lower intensity of workouts.. when bf% is not changing... It's not rocket science to get really cut, just a pain in the ass

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
yeah right now I seem to be getting more in the love handles... I know how to get get in really good shape... If you want to be exact about it... just get your bf% checked every week, eat natural foods... about a 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per body weight... try to keep fat fairly low and eat good carbs... raise and lower calories/ raise lower intensity of workouts.. when bf% is not changing... It's not rocket science to get really cut, just a pain in the ass

Yeah, I hear you. This diet is good though, it's all that stuff you said, but it's just about eating the right things, and committing to doing some exercises that should only take you 20-30 minutes a workout.

Lucky for me, I'll be back to playing hoops again 3 times a week, and I can just see that helping big time...

Mike

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Yeah, I hear you. This diet is good though, it's all that stuff you said, but it's just about eating the right things, and committing to doing some exercises that should only take you 20-30 minutes a workout.

Lucky for me, I'll be back to playing hoops again 3 times a week, and I can just see that helping big time...

Mike

Well it sounds good, but you have to remember that everybody is different, sometimes a 20-30 minute workout isn't enough and sometimes basketball doesn't work as well as running nonstop for 30-40 minutes for some people. I read this book called Feed the Muscle and Burn the Fat, pretty good book....

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
I know a lot of you out there are doing Atkins, and not sure what happened to the weight-loss thread, but Atkins is bad, and I'm finding out more about it.

Anyways, I saw this new way to eat and exercise called "The Abs Diet" from Men's Health, and it is great. I've researched some of it, asked some of the guys I know who are in good shape, and they all say this book is basically following the right ways to eat.

You can read about it on menshealth.com, and I reccommend you buy the book too. I just read it last night, and it's pretty freaking amazing how bad some things are for you.

This diet is great, and it's making me feel better alraedy. The guy actually says it's not really "a diet", but more of a way you should always eat...because it's the right way.

Lots of us are eating things we think are good, but they contain Trans Fat, which can kill you. This way of eating not only tells you about that, but has you eat things which make you healthier and live longer.

The fact that I'm eating spinach on my sandwhiches is a testament to this thing...the foods are just so good for you.

Almonds, oatmeal, eggs, fruits, berries, peanut butter, beans, protein, dairy...it's great.

It focuses on losing fat everywhere, but you'll lose a lot from the abs region, and will be able to work out and actually see a six-pack eventually. The fact is, having a six-pack looks good to women, etc., but it's also a symbol of being healthy, and a strong abdomen helps your entire body be stronger.

Anyways, it's very interesting, and it just feels like the right thing to do. If you guys want to check it out, look up that site, it's on the frontpage...also check out the forums.

I wouldn't mind doing this with some of you guys, and keeping track of our progress.

Mike

I used to have a six-pack. A six pack of beer in my stomach that is. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard