The 2024 NBA playoffs thread

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
dallas beats minnesota twice in minnesota and boston might lose to a haliburtonless indiana

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I'd say the opposite. They're able to turn it off and on better than anyone. They coasted for the 2nd and 3rd quarter, pushed in the 4th and are 1.7 seconds from a 3-0 lead.
doomed i tell you - not winning a championship this year

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And 3-0. This series is over. It was essentially over when Haliburton's injury was announced but now it's really over. The Pacers are.playing to avoid the sweep now, which will be difficult without Hali.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
The rule is, when you keep it close to the end, the aggregate star power difference makes the outcome difference; as evidenced in all the series so far. Suns' problem is, their defensive woes wouldn't have given them any chance to last till the final min.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The rule is, when you keep it close to the end, the aggregate star power difference makes the outcome difference; as evidenced in all the series so far. Suns' problem is, their defensive woes would give him any chance to last till the final min.

The Suns were like this Boston team when CP3 was moderately healthy. He'd flip it on in the 4th and control the game as a whole. Jrue does that defensively and Boston has a few guys who step up offensively. Jrue was a huge get for them.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Until the NBA season starts in October? Or NFL in September? Off-season months aren't the same length, they don't feel the same, at least.
just a regular month hombre - starts when the finals end - if boston wins i'll rock the avatar of your choosing for a calendar month - if the finals end on June 10th the avatar stays till July 10th

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Carlisle has cost the team a win and a chance at another by not taking timeouts in the final moments in games 1 and 3. Should be down 2-1 at worst, and up 2-1 with a little luck. Instead they are down and out,

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holiday really is a special player on defense. When Bud switched his D to pressure CP3 full court, that totally changed the Finals. The Bucks D fell apart without him and his D is an huge part of the Celtics going to another Finals.

With 6 All-Defensive teams and 2 titles, is he a HOFer if the Celtics win it this year?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what's going to be interesting - considering the internet is now ablaze with hot takes from credited pundits to the average fan - is that ant is not the next coming - not in the jordan/kobe discussion - and is shying away from the big moment which is true - at least in this series so far

im kinda thinking ant has one of the best games of his professional career tomorrow in dallas - funny part is even if he does im not sure the timberwolves win

I think he's a great player finding out how much tougher it is in the playoffs and how much tougher it is when teams are blitzing you soon after you cross halfcourt.

I know I'm biased but the more I watch these playoffs the more impressed I am at how great Steph was in 2022 postseason and regular seasons since, the defense that is bothering Ant so much now, Steph sees almost every game.

Luka is handling it better, in large part because he's seen it before, but also because he also has Kyrie to attack when they double Luka.

Can't say enough how impressed I am with Gafford, I had no idea how good he was until he got to Dallas. Perfect role player

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holiday really is a special player on defense. When Bud switched his D to pressure CP3 full court, that totally changed the Finals. The Bucks D fell apart without him and his D is an huge part of the Celtics going to another Finals.

With 6 All-Defensive teams and 2 titles, is he a HOFer if the Celtics win it this year?

Jrue has amazing hands, the amount of times he just takes the ball away cleanly while defending elite guys is remarkable.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns were like this Boston team when CP3 was moderately healthy. He'd flip it on in the 4th and control the game as a whole. Jrue does that defensively and Boston has a few guys who step up offensively. Jrue was a huge get for them.

I hate the Celtics but they have elite guard defense, if you look at on ball defenders at guard, Jrue and White are not only both top 10 they might both be top 5.

Then Tatum and Brown are so good on offense. Last time they got to the finals Tatum really struggled, shot poorly and had a bunch of turnovers, seems to have learned from it

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate the Celtics but they have elite guard defense, if you look at on ball defenders at guard, Jrue and White are not only both top 10 they might both be top 5.

Then Tatum and Brown are so good on offense. Last time they got to the finals Tatum really struggled, shot poorly and had a bunch of turnovers, seems to have learned from it
Again, the title is just sitting there for the Celtics. Now, they don't have to play Porzingis in this series at all. Having him as good of shape as possible for the Finals. They dominated the regular season. If the Tatum and Brown Celtics don't win this year I think they never will.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player